Sign in to follow this  
MrHemlocks

bought all three deluxe editions..how install and link to Steam?

i just bought all three deluxe editions..how download, install and link to Steam? 

Edited by MrHemlocks

7 minutes ago, MrHemlocks said:

i just bought all three deluxe editions..how download, install and link to Steam? 

Did you buy them via Steam or did you make your purchases here in the web store?

If you bought them through the web store, you won't be able to link them to Steam.

But in case you bought them via Steam, you should be able to install them directly

in your Steam account.

For individual installation (not Steam!), you have to download the installer, which

you will find here:

https://il2sturmovik.com/download/

Cheerio

So I got screwed buying via the IL2 web store? I bought BoS at Steam because it offered the deluxe edition for sale the other two deluxe editions I purchased on the IL2 store because they offered the deluxe editions for a great sale price. So, now I have one purchase from the IL2 web store and 2 from Steam. How can I play them online together??? Should I just cancel my orders and just buy from the IL2 webstore so i can least link the three versions together? That double sale sale thing, on the IL2 store and Steam offer, are bit confusing!

13 minutes ago, MrHemlocks said:

So I got screwed buying via the IL2 web store? I bought BoS at Steam because it offered the deluxe edition for sale the other two deluxe editions I purchased on the IL2 store because they offered the deluxe editions for a great sale price. So, now I have one purchase from the IL2 web store and 2 from Steam. How can I play them online together??? Should I just cancel my orders and just buy from the IL2 webstore so i can least link the three versions together? That double sale sale thing, on the IL2 store and Steam offer, are bit confusing!

Nope. Link both accounts following this guide and you have everything available under one hood.

https://il2sturmovik.com/m/SteamAndIL2AccountGuide.pdf

Edited by sevenless

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

Link both accounts following this guide and you have everything available under one hood.

2 hours ago, MrHemlocks said:

I bought BoS at Steam because it offered the deluxe edition for sale the other two deluxe editions I purchased on the IL2 store because they offered the deluxe editions for a great sale price.

Yes, I bought BoS originally via Steam, then everything else at the WS and it all links into my steam account after I linked both accounts. Indeed, I'm coming to the conclusion that doing it that way is the best of all worlds. So, I think you and I got lucky buying as we did.

Edited by cardboard_killer
  • Upvote 1

You should be fine as the others said above, buy BoS through steam, then link the accounts and you'll get all of the content on steam and still be able to support the devs in the future / buy through the web store.

• Upvote 1

ok...now how do I download the delux editions I bought using  IL2 store? I looked and saw that my keys are activated but failed to see a download/install link.

thx guys

You might have all DLCs functional already then. How many (approximately) flyable planes and maps are available in quick mission editor when you launch it?

53 minutes ago, MrHemlocks said:

ok...now how do I download the delux editions I bought using  IL2 store? I looked and saw that my keys are activated but failed to see a download/install link.

thx guys

You have it already. Just start your game and you are good to go.

1 hour ago, MrHemlocks said:

thx guys

You should see them in the main menu :)

On 12/27/2019 at 4:21 PM, MrHemlocks said:

oK...THAT WORKED! Now I just need to buy a joystick)

Go for a vkb gladiator mkii.  It is the 3rd best joystick on the market and its 80 bucks.  Only beaten by the vkb 400 dollar joystick and the virpil one.  I literally replaced my warthog with the gladiator despite the gladiator being a 3rd of the price

Edited by zdog0331
  • Upvote 1

Flew with the Gladiator Mark I for the longest time until I got a VIRPIL WarBRD and it's still one of my favourite sticks. The plastic construction looks and even feels a tad bit cheap but the money was all spent on the electronics and sensors and it's truly great for the price.

Your other option is the T.16000M which I had the pleasure of testing this summer and it's also relatively cheap and very good.