Bremspropeller

What are your career-pilot's names?

I just started four careers on the Rhineland map, concerning all new allied airplanes:

My P-38J pilot's name is Donald Draper. Seems like a name a pilot of a stylish, Art-Déco P-38 naturally would have.

He wears his tucked-in tie steam-pressed and he likes his noon-martinis dryer than a dustbowl-farm. He was transferred to the 9th AF after he cut a hole in his oxygen-mask so he could smoke while on oxygen.

My P-51D pilot's name is Buck Rogers. I mean, it kind of seems obvious, n'est-ce pas? He claims his vision is 50/50 - because he was inverted when he got his eyes tested.

The name of my P-47 pilot is Joshua Tree. He kind of had a habit of pulling out late during practice bombing-runs back in the States. He prides himself on the fact that he has more crash-landings than take-offs. Noone knows exactly how he survived flight-training. Some say he moves in mysterious ways.

My Tempest pilot's from Beaver Lake in the steeped-in-legend Canuckistan-province of Canada. His name is Tim Horton. He likes coffee.

Much to the discomfort of his squadron-mates' afternoon-biscuit habits. He's planning on becoming a professional Curling-player after the war.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 2

P-38 Lou Reed

Spit9 Spitty Joe 💦

Me262 von Smallhousen

109k4 Erich von Klinkerhoffen

Tempest Rodney Fairfax

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I just started four careers on the Rhineland map, concerning all new allied airplanes:

My P-38J pilot's name is Donald Draper. Seems like a name a pilot of a stylish, Art-Déco P-38 naturally would have.

He wears his tucked-in tie steam-pressed and he likes his noon-martinis dryer than a dustbowl-farm. He was transferred to the 9th AF after he cut a hole in his oxygen-mask so he could smoke while on oxygen.

My P-51D pilot's name is Buck Rogers. I mean, it kind of seems obvious, n'est-ce pas? He claims his vision is 50/50 - because he was inverted when he got his eyes tested.

The name of my P-47 pilot is Joshua Tree. He kind of had a habit of pulling out late during practice bombing-runs back in the States. He prides himself on the fact that he has more crash-landings than take-offs. Noone knows exactly how he survived flight-training. Some say he moves in mysterious ways.

My Tempest pilot's from Beaver Lake in the steeped-in-legend Canuckistan-province of Canada. His name is Tim Horton. He likes coffee.

Much to the discomfort of his squadron-mates' afternoon-biscuit habits. He's planning on becoming a professional Curling-player after the war.

I like the idea and the names you came up with. Ten out of ten for that. 

On the other hand... Rule n° 1: Germans have no sens of humour, fact. Everybody knows that.

So please @Bremspropeller get your act together and stop being funny! 😂

Seriously, carry on, forum members like you for that, me included. 👍🍻

I'm dull - I use my real name for American/British pilots and my first name combined with my grandmother's maiden name for German pilots.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I'm dull - I use my real name for American/British pilots and my first name combined with my grandmother's maiden name for German pilots.  

I’m of a similar dull theme.

La5 pilot Borislav Slavislav

Bf109 g2 pilot Schwanz Tiggler

Bf110 pilot Hansel P. Germany

Sabastian Schumacher - JU87 Stalingrad 

Günther Rall :biggrin: - currently 109G2 in Stalingrad 
Oskar Bohm - JU52 Stalingrad

Maximilian Seidel - 190A3 Stalingrad 

Wolf Landa -110E just got to Stalingrad 

Ludwig Baumann - Hs129 Stalingrad

and last but not least...

Arty Lang - P47 fall Rheinland 

I suppose you can see that I prefer the Luftwaffe line-up. But I sure love flying that Jug though :crazy:

Maxim Kalashnikov - I-16 pilot on the Moscow front, just made his third kill and in the process of the squadron converting over to the MiG-3 (at least there are MiG's on the books, haven't been asked to fly one yet).

Toni Papapizza is my mc202 pilot

My dead but very successful Soviet lend lease pilot (had ~200 victories between the p40/p39) was Jovechkin Alexandrov (hockey reference)

Im using my Grandpa’s good friend who was an axis pilot for my current German pilot who is completing Moscow.

when my grandpa and him were talking and he brought up being shot down, my grandpa asked where he was(as in geographically like France, Hungary etc) and I still hear to this day “In a tree!” 😂

Edited by Hajo_Garlic
  • Haha 2

You chaps put me to shame with your burgeoning imaginations. I just remained with historical pilots:

Jürgen Hauffe

Heltmut Braunsweiger

Ivan Mariaskaya

Fritz Ivanchwottar

Gunther Schwienhunt

Duke Nukem

Bryan Bollocks

Bud Babedenter

Willi Winkel

Wainright Fishbottom

Major M. Major (Not currently authorized to divulge rank)

1 hour ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Someone out there must have Pilot McPilotface...😊

Does Raptor McAttackerface count?! :thank_you:

5 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

5 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

I’m of a similar dull theme.

Oh, so 'm not the only one here. Now that makes it three of us.

For German side I usually alternate between Hans Offderbhum and Hans Ohnederbhum.  They sound fairly German to me.

Boris Buggrov for the Russkis or Ivan Shatov.

Not done UK or US career yet, but planning on reviving Rupert Vole-Strangler from RoF or Donatien François for the FF. 

For the US it will have to be Major Major maj.  - see if I can get him promoted.   

I just use my name for the most part and for Germans I use my grandfathers name, George Klein since his grandparents were German. If we ever get the Pacific theater I'll probably use his name for the American side due to him actually serving in the Pacific in ww2.

Edited by Legioneod

Manfred von Jaeger back when I used to fly Axis. I used Horst Schulz a time or 2 because it’s my grandmothers maiden name.

Now it’s Chump Yeager or I use my real name.

Edited by Jaegermeister

I have a G-14 pilot named Santa Claus. He recently shot down a P-47 pilot called Bernard Matthews! Yes, it was a Turkey shoot as he took down two of his wingmen too! I guess only the Brits will see the funny side of this though.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Just started a D-9 campaign myself.

His name is Vicco von Bülow. He likes pasta.

Flying as Walter "Opa" Hoppenstedt with III./JG 54. My Squadron motto is: "Früher war mehr Lametta!" and his favorite musik is "Helenenmarsch".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/26/2019 at 1:42 AM, Bremspropeller said:

Image result for donald draper

"Don" Draper! (Madmen) 

I've been working on a career with the 34th IAP PVO in the Battle of Moscow for a YouTube series. Pilot is Ivan Kravchuk, from the Ukrainian SSR. I've not flown much with him - honestly terrified to go up some days and know that what I'm doing will be on camera!

I have a private career with the 401st FS in the Battle of the Rhineland, pilot's name is Jason Alexander (pretty much right off the default...). I, er, haven't flown as him yet.

Again, I must make my regular request that we please, please, please get a section of the forum dedicated to Career mode and our collective exploits in it. It'd be nice to have a section to just post our after-actions and what-not rather than lumping it into General Discussion.

I'm still wating for women pilot-careers.

That way, former ukranian heavylifting-champion Anna Bolika could finally get a chance to jump into an I-16 and do her business...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [I./JG62]steppa said:

Yes, please. And a small set of missions delivering planes to JGs and KGs as a certain future sextoy sales woman.

I wonder, if many non Germans (and maybe gemans, too)will know, who you are talking about.;)

In every Flightsim my allied pilots are called Edward T. Hunter, a reference to  Iron Maidens Eddie. 

My German Pilots are always named Geralt von Rieva, a reference to the glorious Witcher Books. 

Soviet pilots are named Vitaly Dubinin, bass player of the famous Russian Heavy Metal Band Aria. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

Mrs. Uhse wasn't Luftwaffe, though. Or was she? 🤔

She was Born 1919, so that would suggest the distant likelyhood that she could have been a second Hanna Reitsch in disguise.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beate_Uhse

BTW: I have another one, called "Timo Beil". He was in Signal Corps before swithing to Pilot Service and he loves magenta underwear.

Edited by sevenless

Since killing off my wife's entire Ladies Book Group in a B-17 crew during a raid on Hamburg some years ago, I've never used people I know for aircrew. My 'careers' are now all flown by painters.

The VVS have recruited the likes of Alexei Savrosov, Ilya Repin, Ivan Shishkin, and I have a rarely-visited U2 Nightwitch career with Zinaida Serebriakova.

Luftwaffe ranks are bolstered, amongst others, by the talents of Caspar David Friedrich, Hans Holbein, Matthias Grunewald, and Albert Altdorfer, with Viennese painter Egon Schiele flying an Albatros for the Central Powers in a Pat Wilson Flying Circus campaign

None of them are very good at all at flying. I suspect that they spend most of their time aloft looking out the cockpit at the passing clouds and landscape...