Hello!

Since last update, I have 2 issues with all BF109:

Trim not working

"E" key to start engine not working

I didn't have this problem before

Others aircraft work well

Please help :-)

Thanks!

No, only G-models (G6, G14) are concerned. K-model works properly!

Read my post:

Simpit, it's not the same situation. Do not mix them.

I'm going to have a look.

Not the same.

For me: no engine start sequence, no trim

109F / 109G / 109K

Others aircrafts works fine

I haven't try with the 109E

I tested all the 109 in QMB, and all the 109 are working fine for the engine startup.

Do not forget, that you must have a little gaz before starting the engine. If you have the technochat, it's 10%. Engine doesn't start if you don't have gaz.

I have just tried,

trim not working (never)

"E" Key for stop engine work

10 pour cent trust

"E" key for start engine not work.

maby I have a bug somwhere...

Is it possible to have a fresh install of all 109?

Check if your E key is mapped twice. If it's mapped twice you will see a red small square next to the key binding, in your key settings.

Edited by Raven109
  • Like 1

OK new details:

If I start from cold and dark... all work!

If I start from runway, Use E key to cut engine and after E to start: not working!

It going 🙂

On 12/26/2019 at 2:11 PM, dambou said:

If I start from runway, Use E key to cut engine and after E to start: not working!

Hi dambou

I can confirm this.

tested with the G6. if you start with the plane with running engine (from runway or in air) and turn off the engine the start sequence seems to freeze on a certain point and the engine wont start again.

btw.:  Merry christmes to all.

Edited by CorvusX

1 hour ago, CorvusX said:

Hi dambou

I can confirm this.

tested with the G6. if you start with the plane with running engine (from runway or in air) and turn off the engine the start sequence seems to freeze on a certain point and the engine wont start again.

btw.:  Merry christmes to all.

Thank's!

I tested with G6 and F4 and did not see such a behaviour. Starting mission from the runway, the engine re-started just fine after stopping it with E key.

5 hours ago, dambou said:

OK new details:

It going 🙂

I'll check that asap with the trim.

11 hours ago, Habu said:

Simpit, it's not the same situation. Do not mix them.

I'm going to have a look.

Hi Habu,

didn´t you see the pictures I have posted. They demonstrates clearly that there is bug due to the strange message!!! I have never seen before the message: First "Egine starts" and than after this "aircraft is in maintaince-area"!! Also undeclarable is that the fuel indicator is on 0% although complete refueling. This is the reason why I estimate that it´s a bug in relationship to the RRR-function.

And again: In exact the same mission all worked fine with the Me 109 K-model!

So please try it in a RRR-mission!!

Thanks!!

Edited by simpit1

As you can see in that thread, the problem of that thread has no link with RRR area.

I don't say that there isn't a problem in the RRR area, but as the engine seem not working outside the RRR area, it's not the same thing, or the RRR has nothing to do with the engine problem

I saw your picture, but my german is too far to understand the technochat message.

Edited by Habu

Ok, you are right! I has to revise my oppinion, sorry!!

I just tried it in a QM in which no RRR is possible and - same bug with a Me 190 G6 after landing during a successful mission. So it´s a common bug appearing in all kinds of missions!

Edited by simpit1

7 hours ago, Hanu said:

I tested with G6 and F4 and did not see such a behaviour. Starting mission from the runway, the engine re-started just fine after stopping it with E key.

Hi Hanu,

I'm just curious, did you test it after a full stop of the propeller?
Because in mid air (or on ground after a verry short time after stopping the engine, as long as the prop's still spining) the engine will turn on again but not after a full stop of the propeller. At least for me and same at my sons PC and game.

Edited by CorvusX

Strange. The propeller was completely stopped when I tested. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Hanus anwser i was motivated to test a little bit more. I tried to find the option settings where the engine will start again.

And I think I found them wich can be used for Me 109 G and F pilots as workaround

In the realism options -> Pilots assistance -> uncheck all three (four):  Thruttle auto limit, Engine auto control and Radiator assisist (wount work as long as one of them is checked) and the engine will start again.

To find out the maximum checkable options I tested a bit more and found out that "Cruise control" has to be unchecked too.

It worked for me and also for my son. Maybe someone else can confirm it.

So the maximum of checked options (less checked options are possible)  to aviod the bug are: 

Edit:

I found out a much better workaround:

We do not need to deactivate the realistic options (based on "normal realism" w/o "cruise control") , it's enougth to disable the automatics just before restarting the engine.

Disable them by using (default:) Left shift+R, Lshift+N and Lshift+M.

After the engine started they can be enabled again with the same keys.

Me109G_F-restartenginebug.jpg

Edited by CorvusX

On 12/27/2019 at 2:14 PM, CorvusX said:

Thanks to Hanus anwser i was motivated to test a little bit more. I tried to find the option settings where the engine will start again.

And I think I found them wich can be used for Me 109 G and F pilots as workaround

In the realism options -> Pilots assistance -> uncheck all three (four):  Thruttle auto limit, Engine auto control and Radiator assisist (wount work as long as one of them is checked) and the engine will start again.

To find out the maximum checkable options I tested a bit more and found out that "Cruise control" has to be unchecked too.

It worked for me and also for my son. Maybe someone else can confirm it.

So the maximum of checked options (less checked options are possible)  to aviod the bug are: 

Me109G_F-restartenginebug.jpg

This method work for me 🙂

Next test:

Me 109 E7 works without any faults concerning automatic motor-start-process also in RRR-mission!

Edited by simpit1

my 109 elevator trim wheel no longer works on trim axis … works on stuka and he 111 as normal ,  any progress on this  lads ?  works on allied aircraft too  

oxo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 123UKoxo-uk said:

my 109 elevator trim wheel no longer works on trim axis … works on stuka and he 111 as normal ,  any progress on this  lads ?  works on allied aircraft too  

oxo

Hi,

It looks like that "Elevator trim axis" don't work for Me 109 anymore but "Adjustible strabilizer axis" do work  and does spin the trim wheel. Wich are both set to the same keys on default now (right ctrl + up/down arrows) before that "asa" was set to right shift + up/down arrows. At least I think so because I never changed them and in my (mainly used) steam version it's set to Rshift+.. and  in my newly installed Il2 launcher version it's set both to Rctrl+ ... .

Anyway use adjustable satbilizier axis insteed of elevator trim or set them both to the same keys , then it  should work again.

Btw. Happy new year to everyone!

Edited by CorvusX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 123UKoxo-uk said:

There is no elevator trim on 109. You have to use adjustable stabilizer.

• Like 2

this works for me now , things must have changed at some point ?     the 190 still only responds to button presses and not axis .. but at least all aircraft are now with elevator trim as such :) 

2020_1_2__7_36_1.jpg

9 hours ago, 123UKoxo-uk said:

the 190 still only responds to button presses and not axis

Correct, that‘s how it should be. The 190 always only had buttons to change the trim. Never an axis

• Like 1

While Emil- and Kurfürst-Models are working fine, Gustav-models still not running :cray:

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, simpit1 said:

While Emil- and Kurfürst-Models are working fine, Gustav-models still not running :cray:

Hi Simpit1,

what is not running on G models ?

For me trimming on all Me109 (including  G models)  are working with "adjustable satbilizier"  (Höhenflossentrimmung, nicht Höhenrudertrimmung benutzen).

Also the engine restart, if all four options are unchecked, is working. (like it is on the picture in  my post above). Engine restart need to be fixed in one of the next patches.

Edited by CorvusX

Hi Corvus,

please take a look on the thread-titel.

Automatic engine start doesn´t work after RRR concerning to G-models.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, simpit1 said:

Automatic engine start doesn´t work after RRR concerning to G-models.

Hi Simpit,

it's not because of RRR.

The engine restart dosen't work for G and F models if you (or the server) use anyone of these realistic options: Thruttle auto limit, Engine auto control, Radiator assisist or Cruise control. 

As a workaround, to make it possible to restart engines for G+F models, you need to uncheck these in your realistic options (or play on expert).

Then auto engine (re-)start also work in RRR missions. For Multiplayer mission the server host needs to have these options disabled.

But yes that needs to be fixed in one of the next patches.

Edited by CorvusX

Posted (edited)

1) Yes!!!! I know that´s its independend from RRR!!!!

But give me an other reason to shut down the engine than in the case of RRR!!!

2) Perhaps I´ll try these options but I think it´s uncomfortable to fly without the assists.

Edited by simpit1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, simpit1 said:

Yes!!!! I know that´s its independend from RRR!!!!

But give me an other reason to shut down the engine than in the case of RRR!!!

No need to shout. 

I'm sorry to try to point it out a bit clearer.  Because (for example) people who use Expert settings never ever ran into this bug. 

Anyway:

A much better workaround:

We do not need to deactivate the realistic options (based on "normal realism" w/o "cruise control") , it's enougth to disable the automatics just before restarting the engine.

Edited by CorvusX

Posted (edited)

Sorry no offense meant!

But I haerd this yet 3 times :wacko:.

Very good advise, thanks. Will try it!!

Edited by simpit1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, simpit1 said:

Sorry no offense meant!

But I haerd this yet 3 times :wacko:.

None taken. 

I think we all just want the same: To help to make this game what it deserves to be, a great flightsim.😉

Edited by CorvusX

Your method works great thanks! Only it´s needed not to forget reactivating the automatic functions after restart the engine ;)

For Me 109 F and  Me 109 G

In 4.04 still no engine restart if Thruttle auto limit, Engine auto control, Radiator assisist or Cruise control is activated. (realism settings)

To aviod it you still can (Normal realism w/o Cruise control):

Disable them before engine start by using (default:) Left shift+R, Lshift+N and Lshift+M.

Edited by CorvusX

On 1/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, CorvusX said:

For Me 109 F and  Me 109 G

In 4.04 still no engine restart if Thruttle auto limit, Engine auto control, Radiator assisist or Cruise control is activated. (realism settings)

To aviod it you still can (Normal realism w/o Cruise control):

Disable them before engine start by using (default:) Left shift+R, Lshift+N and Lshift+M.

Yess I confirm that

• Thanks 1