Sign in to follow this  
Berimbau

Droped Paratroopers at right space = zero points

Yesterday for the first time i used the Ju 52 in multiplayer and droped paratroopers at exact location. Got message paradroopers landed on location. Went back to airfield landed and got zero poinst. I think this is not fair. Maybe this could be changed. Cause it needed time to go there, it was risky (no air support), and I got back. And actually i paid for the Ju 52 and if there is no reward for it in multiplayer i will not use it anymore. Please give the air drop some points.

• Like 1

In-game there are no points awarded or indeed any acknowledgement at all for successful para & supply missions.  The only thing you will see is time elapsed. 

You should be proud you delivered your troops safe and sound. And happy that you brought back your old Crate back.

Joking asaid, there are more things that should be rewarded by "points", or you should care not at all about points. ( I usualy prefer option 2)

You did a dificult mission, and did it right. Your own satisfaction should be enough, (maybe a team mate aknowledgment of it)

If you are flying MP, and you get  bounced, maybe  you reverse  the fight start some manouvering and  you force your enemy to stalls/ crash but you didn't hit  him once. You wont get a kill. Even "worst", maybe he hit you once with a rifle caliber bullet, and you screw your landing and touch the prop on the ground, you'll be "shot down" by him...

It is a game and it can't acount for everything.

My advice. Fly for the satisfaction of what you are doing, not the points you get from it.

Merry christmas

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The points give you nothing, no advantages at all. But they inspire people to land the plane after a sortie. 
I do not think mission makers can do anything about it. But some missions rely on the drops in order to win, I like those missions myself and have simply learned to not care too much about points

• Upvote 3

Perhaps the fighters and bombers should have all record of their kills permanently wiped too.  For equality.  I'm sure everybody would welcome that without protest.

• Like 1

I should clarify. I'm all for points being awarded by doing more than just kills.

Points for shared kills are nice.

Maybe some sort of shared points if bomber drops bomb load and you as fighter are arround to help not being intercepted?

Also for resuply and para drop.

But even covering a wingman/saving him. Or even spotting  somenoen sneaking on your mates 6s...

It Is a game and I understand the satisfaction of points/kills

But I'm honestly more happy if my wingman and I survive a good fight. Or if I get to help on an atack. If I do my part correctly we might get some kills as a pair, without me getting a kill. Or even an asist. 

It  also work the other way arround.

But I dont need to worry to be left without cover or asistance because he might be chasing a doomed plane.

• Like 1

I just can’t imagine caring about “points” - it was just never about that for me. This mentality reduces MP to “E-Sports” - blech 

• Thanks 2

Points are just a symbol for recognition and a part of a  system to assess your performance. And everybody who says he does not care about points or any other form of recognition is right to do so. But I guess if this person has done a lot to help his team to win a MP game and then find himself at the end of the list with  maybe zero points, this person is maybe not so satisfied as this person would be when he is under the first 5 names. So if this person anyway doesnt care, it is really great. But we are all living under a system of points, when u bring your love some flowers or helping somebody, you are collecting points and recognition. Same in wartime...you collect same kind of points for your performence, but of course you only do it for idealistic reasons and not for promotion, medals or a higher income (rises with the rank). Yes i am proud of my heroic performance that no one has noticed except myself, and still i would have liked to get a few points for it. Anyway I am happy that so many people respond on this topic and somehow i got some recognition 😉 I hope to see u all once in the air and have fun, with or without points.

• Upvote 2

On 1/2/2020 at 5:21 AM, [CPT]Crunch said:

If you need points, post your email and I'll send a few.

Thank you very much for your request, but I prefer to get points for performance. But I would be happy to give you three points for the funny answer. Here they are ...

• Haha 1