OrLoK

grabbing an MP mission for solo play.

hello there

I've found a great MP server which has a great "get into the action fast" vibe.

however, there are never any flying conditions other than clear skies and I'm all about the clouds.

ive located it's folder in my dogfight directory, opened it up in the editor, added sexy clouds, but I can't seem to find it after I copy it to my SP mission folder.

any ideas? it's either something obvious or I'm dafter than I thought.

lastly, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by appropriating others hard work, it's purely for me to fiddle with in SP.

rgds

LoK

Edited by OrLoK

Some ideas:

• Did you change the mission type to "Single"?
  • Do you own the map that the mission is using (this is not an issue in MP but it is in SP)

Read through the process in "Create a Singleplayer Mission", on pg. 33 of the editor manual. You will need to create a "Player" plane object (step 4 and 5). 

The other option would be to run the original mission in your MP folder using a DServer or the server you start in-game. Just clear the "External" option (DServer) or the "Available from Internet" option (in-game server) to ensure that the mission is not listed in the MP list for everyone. Note that if you use the in-game server, your player plane will not be detected entering certain areas called check zones due to a bug. For example, you may approach a target and see no AA because your plane was not detected.

All this does not guarantee the mission will work properly for you without understanding a lot more about the editor.

Edited by JimTM
  • Like 1

I'm fairly sure the devs will own all copyrights to everything so usage of maps isn't anything to worry about.

Why not run it as a dogfight mission (as it is) ?

Add the clouds, then open in Dogfight / Create Server... (re-save with different name 1st).

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Upvote 1

I didnt know one had to save/change to a single mission. I shall try that. (I own all the maps etc:) )

UPDATE: I edited in the clouds and ran as a locked dogfight server. Its excellent. Thank you all!

• Upvote 2

Just about usIng mp missions as sp missions. There’s a Couple of other adjustments to be made. After “saving as” an sp mission, don’t forget to add in a player aircraft! Also, if you want to get fancy consider swapping out the complex trigger mcus for traditional checkzones especially if your u want to fly a different air craft as the player aircraft. But the possibilities are endless, and not difficult once you’ve done it a couple of times.

• Like 1

ta for the info.

the editor terrifies me somewhat though!

i may well be back witg questions!