caricolaaaa

What should be the number one priority for the developers?

What should be the number one priority for the developers?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the number one priority for the developers?

• Fix contact visibility
    • Make new planes
    • Make new maps
    • Improve IA
    • Reduce load times in career mode
    • Improve viewer mode

They hired an AI programmer.   It isn’t really possible to make AI a higher priority than that.  One of many reasons why this poll is pointless.

If AI is not so good then try flying Multiplayer against human pilots.  Even join a squad and have fun with other humans rather than AI.  I used to have fun with AI about 12 years ago when I first started flight simulation, but human vs human and flying with squad mates is great!

AI is just that, artificial.  Try the real thing because it is possible on MP and best as a squad member :)

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

While I agree that this poll is a bit biased, especially as it leaves no option to opt out or say that currently there are no highly important issues to oneself personally, such a poll is first and foremost an indicator of a public perception. I think that has reason enough.

4 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

While I agree that this poll is a bit biased, especially as it leaves no option to opt out or say that currently there are no highly important issues to oneself personally, such a poll is first and foremost an indicator of a public perception. I think that has reason enough.

The problem isn't just that the poll is biased (though it clearly is). Any open-ended question like "What should be the number one priority for the developers?" simply can't be answered through a poll with limited options, and gets skewed from the start as soon as you start offering suggestions. It is a reasonably enough question to ask as a thread topic, but presenting it as a poll gives any 'result' a legitimacy it doesn't deserve. And you can guarantee that such results will get misused at some point by someone claiming that 'the community' wants something or other, rather than the few participants who have responded. Forum polls rarely attract enough response to be any sort of reliable indicator as to what the broader customer base, rather than forum regulars, want. And as has already been noted, the most vocal forum members often tend to be those discontented with something or other.  

If you want to find out what 'public perceptions' on a topic are, ask people for their own reasoned opinions. They are far more likely to be useful to the developers, and if done properly (i.e. by not asking leading questions) avoid giving the impression that you are looking for a specific answer.

I picked the "make new planes" option personally.

But in reality the real priority is probably working on developing the new expansion and getting the new collector planes ready for release.

🤷‍♂️😄

Edited by Motherbrain

1 minute ago, Bremspropeller said:

Cows.

The engine isn't designed for large formations of large animals like cows, but it could handle a small amount of squirrels.

... seriously though, cows would be cool.

• Haha 1

IMHO, I think the devs priority should be none of the OP's options.  I believe the one thing that could really help blow open the mp doors would be a more user friendly Mission Editor.

Modernization of the game engine so that it can handle 4-engined aircraft and large amounts of aircraft overall.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, caricolaaaa said:

As I said, the poll will be repeated with all the options that are proposed. 

Thank you.

Excellent news caricolaaaa mate! 

In the context of this poll I believe my previously proposed options to be extremely valid - indeed necessary additions:salute:

Edit;  Cows?  Yes, absolutely!  In fact an option to vote for Bovines in general would surely be welcomed by the wider flight sim community, no? 

Edited by DD_Arthur

9 hours ago, Arthur-A said:

Modernization of the game engine so that it can handle 4-engined aircraft and large amounts of aircraft overall.

If the Rise of Flight engine can handle a four-engined plane, I'd be surprised if IL2 couldn't.

54 minutes ago, Cynic_Al said:

If the Rise of Flight engine can handle a four-engined plane, I'd be surprised if IL2 couldn't.

The number of engines is not the issue. The amount of gunner positions on the aircraft, together with the amount of multi gunner aircraft used in a mission. Make a mission using 30 ju52 transport aircraft without the dorsal gunner and check how fluid the game runs, then repeat replacing the Ju52's with 30 He111 bombers and see what the results are.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, caricolaaaa said:

The only thing that happens is that they write several times in this post looking like more people.

That's a serious allegation. What proof do you offer?

Just enjoy what you have, I'm sure the devs have a list of things they want to do, and know where they are going.

• Upvote 2

On 12/22/2019 at 7:03 PM, caricolaaaa said:

Well I think you have already made your position clear. The truth is that those who are against the polls are a few who make a lot of noise. Repeating insistently in the post your disagreement with this poll.

The majority votes or proposes. Therefore I will wait a week for more proposals and repeat the poll.

Thank you.

Objectively, there is no point to your poll, (most polls are pointless) for the simple reason that Jason himself posted a poll some time back to get community feedback on just this subject, and then moved forward accordingly.

Thus the new AI programmer.

So poll like the wind if it makes you feel better, but it is indeed pointless.

3 words

Engine Physics Improvements 

cloud and lightning improvements are also welcome 

and last but not least , a P 40 N 😍 😍🙏