Permanently Turn off Instrument Panel

I may be missing something obvious but is there any way to decouple the instrument view from the map and navigation markers?  The "I" key either turns both on or both off.  I would like to have just the navigation and map markers without the instrument panel.  I searched for info about this but couldn't find any solution.   Is there a mod to get rid of the instrument panel?  Thanks!

Edited by S10jleffert
typo fix
9 hours ago, S10jleffert said:

I may be missing something obvious but is there any way to decouple the instrument view from the map and navigation markers?  The "I" key either turns both on or both off.  I would like to have just the navigation and map markers without the instrument panel.  I searched for info about this but couldn't find any solution.   Is there a mod to get rid of the instrument panel?  Thanks!

You can turn off instrument panel in realisam settings

Thanks sniperton this mod is exactly what I need!

4 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

You can turn off instrument panel in realisam settings

Thanks for the suggestion - I did try this but this also turns off the mini map which I still want access to. 

Edited by S10jleffert

I would like to have only the minimap visible, at the moment I have to open the briefing to have a look on the map but this blocks the entire view and is laggy.

(Everything else is disabled besides small red/blue points above the aircrafts and rectangles for ground tagets.)

7 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I would like to have only the minimap visible, at the moment I have to open the briefing to have a look on the map but this blocks the entire view and is laggy.

(Everything else is disabled besides small red/blue points above the aircrafts and rectangles for ground tagets.)

Go into settings, then click on "flight interface" on the left you'll see mini map size, choose compact.

Options are hidden, compact, and full.

I have mine set to hidden because I like using the full sized map, I used to hate it because it took up so much space. But once I started flying without GPS and having to navigate, I need to see the map areas enlarged quite a bit so I bound the map to a button on my throttle.

If you choose "Compact" it displays a small version of the map off to the side that dosent take up your whole screen.  Good luck!

• Upvote 1
On 12/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, Clyde said:

Go into settings, then click on "flight interface" on the left you'll see mini map size, choose compact.

Options are hidden, compact, and full.

I have mine set to hidden because I like using the full sized map, I used to hate it because it took up so much space. But once I started flying without GPS and having to navigate, I need to see the map areas enlarged quite a bit so I bound the map to a button on my throttle.

If you choose "Compact" it displays a small version of the map off to the side that dosent take up your whole screen.  Good luck!

I have the compass, technochat, most of the HUD/icons, etc disabled or changed by a mod and I guess this disables the map completely too. Maybe it's possible to edit the mod to get the resizeable map back again. We'll see.

Thanks for your help though.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I have the compass, technochat, most of the HUD/icons, etc disabled or changed by a mod and I guess this disables the map completely too. Maybe it's possible to edit the mod to get the resizeable map back again.

The mod I referred to above doesn't disable the minimap in "Normal" or "Custom" difficulty. Possibly you disabled the whole HUD, hence your problems.