Tuna

Native VR 5x Zoom Please

1 minute ago, SCG_Meka said:

Has it been officially decided that 3DMigoto is permanently forbidden?

The developers and the maker of the mod are in private talks at the moment and no information beyond that is available.

This began because 2D players were able to stack the in game 2D zoom with the 3D 10X zoom and see enemy at an unreasonable distance. The mod was altered to prevent 5 and 10X zoom usage by 2D players but that wasn't enough to put out the firestorm. Thus we are in limbo for the time being.

Understood. No flying for a while I suppose until this is all resolved.. ☹️

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I will say this. 

The number of VR users right now who may not realize that Migoto is unlikely to be re-released for the upcoming patch is probably substantial. When they go to find the updated version and create threads asking where it is... I think maybe we should all make a concerted effort to have them redirected here?

This has not been officially stated. The way I read Jason's post, discussion of the mod/no mod has been forbidden. Either way, it is a moot point when the update releases tomorrow with no zoom support and likely none on the way. 

I'd concur about directing them here. And not debating people here in this thread.  Simply asking that zoom parity be included to the game for VR users and 2d users. We don't need this thread to devolve into the quagmire of crap the last couple have either. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

I'd concur about directing them here. And not debating people here in this thread.  Simply asking that zoom parity be included to the game for VR users and 2d users. We don't need this thread to devolve into the quagmire of crap the last couple have either. 

Absolutely, that is key. 

We do not need to discuss past solutions or rehash debate here. I've already said too much in my last post. This thread should be a consolidated ask for the devs to include proper and fair zoom for VR users in the game. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I will say this. 

The number of VR users right now who may not realize that Migoto is unlikely to be re-released for the upcoming patch is probably substantial. When they go to find the updated version and create threads asking where it is... I think maybe we should all make a concerted effort to have them redirected here?

This has not been officially stated. The way I read Jason's post, discussion of the mod/no mod has been forbidden. Either way, it is a moot point when the update releases tomorrow with no zoom support and likely none on the way. 

I honestly think it was closed to keep us from ripping into each other.

The discussion has been terminated temporarily, but not forgotten.

It remains to be seen what it will be.  Whether it's a new zoom or a hard limit for VR and monitor players alike, I expect something will be done.

You can't have one player having 10x zoom and the other having 1.5x and call it fair.  I'm extremely confident that will never happen here.

Whether this will be resolved as an issue with this next patch or another remains to be seen, but they will not leave it like that.

Edited by JG51_Beazil

For me the mod was absolutely essential both online and offline. The native zoom only allows me to read gauges but was absolutely useless to identify planes in VR. From the rear I've mistaken mustangs for 109's and 110's for a20's. Before I discovered the mod the only thing I ever typed in chat was "sorry VR user couldn't identify you". 

Offline I use it to change identification markers to a neutral gray dots so that I can practice identification during dog fights without being totally blind. I also used it to dim the map during night missions so that I didn't blind myself every time I pulled up the map.

In VR I absolutely do not think it gave a competitive edge. It merely allowed me to use a VR headset without sacrificing clarity or the ability to identify. I truly don't see myself playing online without it. And if I do play online My friendly team better watch out because I'm coming for them. I guess the benefit to not having the mod is I'll have twice as many targets to shoot at, but only half of them will shoot back!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

it might be worth sticking to the topic and not bringing up closed threads/topics.

just fyi ;)

• Confused 1

Curious, did DCS implement their X5 VR zoom on the back of community suggestions. Or did they suddenly just included in one of the updates?

Just now, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Curious, did DCS implement their X5 VR zoom on the back of community suggestions. Or did they suddenly just included in one of the updates?

You said the forbidden D-word, off you go 😉

• Haha 1

VR without 3dmigoto goes something like this

1:  Fly around in circles and never engage because can't ID contacts.

2:  Get bored of flying around in circles doing nothing, say F it and engage next contact.

3:  ????

4:  CptBligh was kicked for team killing.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SCG_motoadve said:

😅 sorry

what would be even more helpful is if one of you posted how to do it for those who have no idea and are just coming across this, rather than pointing to a patch note i have to hunt down... 🙄

set vr zoom speed in startup.cfg to 1 !! :)

53 minutes ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

You said the forbidden D-word, off you go 😉

seems to be the way she goes in these communities, all we want is the best features from both games to bleed into the other one and make excellent sims.. but often times even mentioning the competing simulator gets you a lashing. I think its a rule in Eagle Dynamics discord that you can't say any other simulator name without getting message deleted and warned.. probably same for their forums. You have to speak like you're talking about the "sim that shall not be named" or something like that

Edited by squidboi

+1 this is absolutely needed if it can't bee provided by 3D mitogo mod ! 

I only fly in VR anymore. VR is unflyable without this!

Native 5x VR zoom is the minimum required for older headsets to make positive visual contact with the current spotting/rendering situation. Without this, you can barely see dots passing below you, let alone hope to have a chance to identify them. Without this VR zoom, I won't be able to have an enjoyable experience on multiplayer servers that do not have enhanced spotting or aircraft labels enabled. I may as well be a flying  target drone, that occasionally shoots his teammates. 

• Upvote 1

Surprised to see no additional options in the patch. This is now a matter of urgency.

I assume migoto no longer works?

• Upvote 1

I am very disappointed with the decision to pull this mod which is absolutely necessary for me in VR. I will be pulling my BoN pre-order if something is not done to rectify this issue very soon.

2 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Surprised to see no additional options in the patch. This is now a matter of urgency.

I assume migoto no longer works?

Haven't tested it yet but the general consensus is the mod breaks every update, and now we don't have a forum to receive the new update so I'm thinking migoto is kaput?

Let's not jump to conclusions here, my guess is they removed the mod for the time being because as previously stated, some users were using the zoom to spot contacts far too easily, especially in 2D.

I'm sure the mod will be back up once those issues have been resolved.

• Upvote 1

Just now, -IRRE-Belmont said:

Let's not jump to conclusions here, my guess is they removed the mod for the time being because as previously stated, some users were using the zoom to spot contacts far too easily, especially in 2D.

I'm sure the mod will be back up once those issues have been resolved.

This, or something like this.  They just birthed a huge baby today.  Let them rest.  Just my thoughts.

10 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

This, or something like this.  They just birthed a huge baby today.  Let them rest.  Just my thoughts.

Exactly...

I will not spend one cent more on this sim till a fix for a decent VR zoom (x5-x7 times) is reached with developers to match the Flat screen pilots. After spending hundreds of USDs on supporting my favorite flight sim IL2/ developers, and not including the $1000s on high end hardware to improve the VR visuals . Its been all worth it till now....

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

+1 for native proper zoom for VR users. Even as a monitor user I can appreciate your struggle right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SCG_CoolWhip said:

I will not spend one cent more on this sim till a fix for a decent VR zoom (x5-x7 times) is reached with developers to match the Flat screen pilots. After spending hundreds of USDs on supporting my favorite flight sim IL2/ developers, and not including the $1000s on high end hardware to improve the VR visuals . Its been all worth it till now....

In all fairness, you are complaining that you will not support your favorite flight sim - IL-2 - cause you lost a feature that 1CGS never supplied to begin with...

Granted, it would be nice and certainly worth requesting though. But this one really is not on them.

Maybe now, after the dust settles from the recent huge update, the Devs will hear and consider looking at improving the VR zoom level.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

Yes I'm complaining it is my right too. They can listen or not listen that is their right. I have been a loyal customer buying from their website not steam, so they get "100%" of my money (statement from their website which im 100% happy too support) . I am really hoping  there is a compromise on this issue.

Edited by SCG_CoolWhip
  • Like 1

I'll be done supporting this game as well if one of two things don't happen;

1.) Native zoom for VR is fixed to give parity with monitor users.

2.) A new version of 3d Migoto which is not supported on 2d monitors is created and permitted for use. 

Lefuneste already mentioned that the new version he would create for 4.006 would not work on 2d monitors but guess that wasn't enough.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, II./SG.1-MarkWilhelmsson said:

2.) A new version of 3d Migoto which is not supported on 2d monitors is created and permitted for use. 

This is what we need, and Migoto is not only about zoom, change colors and brightness which can be done in a monitor but not in a VR headset, frame hides the sun, greyed icons, prop removal (hate the unrealistic disc) turn off gun sight (adds immersion for take off and in cruise or landing), its a great mod for VR users.

Just make the zoom same as desktop and no one will make accusations of cheating.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Guys I will just jump in and reiterate that for now we are not supposed to be discussing the mod. I think it is only fair for the time being that we respect this request as they work behind the scenes. (There is no reason to willfully give up our voice at this time by not following the rules)

I’m just as frustrated right now as anyone that I am unable to effectively play my favourite game until the zoom is replaced and I have many worries about the timeline and process. 

Right now we just have to hope that the devs make the right/fair decisions and come up with a solution quickly so we can get back to playing. 

The best thing we can do in the meantime is continue to make our voices known in this thread that this is simply something we need and cannot go without.

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just adding to the pile requesting native VR zoom support that is equivalent to 2D zoom levels.

This is absolutely essential for VR players to be competitive in MP games.

Posted (edited)

Banning migoto means that I can't use the game, that I paid (bought almost every single content released), until devs makes something about zooming. I really can't believe that this can be so difficult for devs, its really insulting. Zoom has been a demand and a necessity since VR is supported in the game.It is impossible to be competitive against Trackir and flats players without a zoom. Please do something!

Edited by ECV56_Lubermatz
  • Upvote 5

+1 I want to add my voice to the mix.

VR is the only reason I play this game.
When I started playing, and was directed to the Migoto mod as an "essential" mod for VR. Installed it and that's just how I've been playing.

Please make this a priority hotfix. I can't imagine it would be very hard to add a new zoom level.

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dburne said:

In all fairness, you are complaining that you will not support your favorite flight sim - IL-2 - cause you lost a feature that 1CGS never supplied to begin with...

Edited because apparently this is a censored topic.  Guess I'll just downplay my frustration and say: 5x vr zoom please.  Because asking politely the exact same way for years should pay off some day, right?

Edited by =BES=Senor_Jefe
  • Haha 2

I would like to see the zoom level be 1X-10X bind able to a slider, encoder or buttons just like the default zoom

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Please up the zoom in VR, essential for any sort of hope at making a type visual ID.

A usable zoom level that is comparable to 2D zoom is absolutely essential for VR play.  I'm honestly pretty upset that less than a week after I pre-ordered BoN and the Yaks/Hurricane I find out that the new update killed my ability to spot and identify, and that the mod that fixed that in the past is not even allowed to be discussed.  This needs to be on the top of the Devs' to-do list.

• Upvote 1

I concur i think having 2 zoom factors native to the game will be as much a welcome as the IPD adjust native in the game is.  

Guys,

Making zoom work exactly like in 2D is impossible otherwise we would have done it long ago. VR introduces lots of weird limits with image. What's been done with the so called "mod" breaks the image even if it gives you further eyesight.

When I have more to say on the subject I will and please stop putting words in my mouth. I understand all angles of this issue. This isn't an easy thing to solve technically or politically. And please don't assume just because you can envision something happening, means it's possible technically. 

At this point we have taken no steps to forbid anything that currently exists and if our new rendering has broken a zoom mod, it's pure coincidence. I've only asked that discussion stop on our forum about it until we feel its a healthy discussion to have. Right now it is not, even though for years it wasn't an issue. You guys like to fight with each other at really inopportune times. 

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2