BP_Lizard

IPD adjustment. Am I missing something?

So I tried the LShift + and LShift Enter keys on VR and saw the values change on the screen, but I couldn't see any difference. Unlike the IPD modifier on 3DMigoto wherein one can see the change right away. Am I missing a step to apply the change? Thanks.

It changes the scale, not inter pupillary distance.

For instance I used it to increase the scale of my Spit MK IX to what I felt was a more realistic size.

14 hours ago, dburne said:

It changes the scale, not inter pupillary distance.

For instance I used it to increase the scale of my Spit MK IX to what I felt was a more realistic size.

Does it suppose to make the cockpit look roomier/smaller? It's not doing that either. 

6 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Does it suppose to make the cockpit look roomier/smaller? It's not doing that either. 

Yes for me it changes the scale of the plane.

• Sad 1

I can't see a difference at all when using it, neither + or - does anything except showing numbers 😕

I have a Rift S headset and I am also not sure how exactly is this feature supposed to work.

1) I measured my IPD and set it in the Oculus app settings (since it only has software IPD adjustment). Does Rift S still render images correctly in regards to IPD if you are running an app through Steam VR/OpenComposite or do these apps bypass these settings completely?

2) I also noticed that adjusting the IPD setting in IL-2 changes the scale of the cockpit noticeably. It is uncomfortable for my eyes in the extreme settings, but my eyes feel good in quite a wide range around the center. Since the values are displayed %, is there any way to determine the right setting for your eyes? I haven't sit in many warbird cockpits, so it is hard for me to determine what scale is the correct one.

1 hour ago, FMF-Tommy544 said:

I have a Rift S headset and I am also not sure how exactly is this feature supposed to work.

1) I measured my IPD and set it in the Oculus app settings (since it only has software IPD adjustment). Does Rift S still render images correctly in regards to IPD if you are running an app through Steam VR/OpenComposite or do these apps bypass these settings completely?

2) I also noticed that adjusting the IPD setting in IL-2 changes the scale of the cockpit noticeably. It is uncomfortable for my eyes in the extreme settings, but my eyes feel good in quite a wide range around the center. Since the values are displayed %, is there any way to determine the right setting for your eyes? I haven't sit in many warbird cockpits, so it is hard for me to determine what scale is the correct one.

Yes your Oculus settings would still be used.

IPD setting in the game is a scale setting. I adjust it till the size of my aircraft when seated in cockpit looks as close to right to me as I think it should be.

SO strange I have one eye somehow wide angle and the other normal..  best IPD is 0       Reverb Pro G1