Han

Game version 4.003 discussion: Improvements and Fixes.

28 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

4.003b
1. Fixed the lack of ammo in some Career mission types;
2. AI pilots perform maneuvers at low altitudes better;
3. Albatros D.Va won't erroneously overheat in a climb*;
4. P.u.W. bombs look correctly from afar;
5. S.E.5a compass corrected;
6. Bristol Firghter side-slip indicator made visible;
7. Halberstadt CL.II gunner animation corrected;
8. 13-pdr and 77 mm AA guns firing range corrected;
9. Sturmoviks correctly open fire at the ships in the 3rd mission of the Sea Dragons campaign;
10. Hitting Blip Switch button won't show a wrong message about an engine failure;

11. Static aircraft in the Bodenplatte career can be destroyed by guns and MGs.

- Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes at normal coolant temperature were fixed (the reason was overheating of the oil). You can still get a message about engine overheating in the GUI due to overheating of the cylinders when the coolant temperature is below the boiling point, but still high. Just keep the coolant temperature within the normal range.

OMG

OMG

OMG

How can I thank you?

Oh, I know... Battle of Normandy pre-ordered 😆

Happy holidays, team!!

P.S. If I can be difficult for just one more moment (and then I promise I will shut up until next year): 

Did you also fix the gunner animation on the Bristol Fighter? It has the same problem as the CL.II.

CL.II:

giphy.gif

Bristol Fighter:

giphy.gif

Edited by J5_Hellbender-Sch27b
  • Upvote 2

I'm going to go ahead and take credit for generating the funds necessary to allow for time to be devoted for an FC quickfix with that FC copy I gifted someone the other day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/17/2019 at 4:01 PM, 4thFG_Cpt_D_S_Gentile said:

Stutters not fixed but worse.

Better now after the "Hotfix" thank you! Not mentioned anywhere though so I could be wrong LOL.

Planes disappearing in the distance when fully zoomed out but reappearing when zooming in on them and not vice versa as before the patch, not mentioned either in the patch notes so I could be wrong again, Vram load 25% less than yesterday actually back to the same load as before the patch nice, individual experience ofcourse 🙂

GJ!

18 minutes ago, 4thFG_Cpt_D_S_Gentile said:

Better now after the "Hotfix" thank you! Not mentioned anywhere though so I could be wrong LOL.

Planes disappearing in the distance when fully zoomed out but reappearing when zooming in on them and not vice versa as before the patch, not mentioned either in the patch notes so I could be wrong again, Vram load 25% less than yesterday actually back to the same load as before the patch nice, individual experience ofcourse 🙂

GJ!

Online stutters, or offline? I haven't had time to fire up the game in more than a month but I would update and launch just to see if the MP stuttering has been improved or fixed...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Online stutters, or offline? I haven't had time to fire up the game in more than a month but I would update and launch just to see if the MP stuttering has been improved or fixed...

How annoying! I definetely get them offline while watching some flight records.

Is there anything I can do about it on my own?

9 minutes ago, =FI=Genosse said:

How annoying! I definetely get them offline while watching some flight records.

Is there anything I can do about it on my own?

Some people get them online, some don't, doesn't seem related to stuttering in Single Player which can usually be fixed with graphics adjustments. Lots about the issue on the stickied threads in Technical Problems and Bug reports, also lots of things to try to improve. I don't want to drag this off topic if I can help it, and unless something has been changed in the hotfix it is OT. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Some people get them online, some don't, doesn't seem related to stuttering in Single Player which can usually be fixed with graphics adjustments. Lots about the issue on the stickied threads in Technical Problems and Bug reports, also lots of things to try to improve. I don't want to drag this off topic if I can help it, and unless something has been changed in the hotfix it is OT. 

Gonna take a look at it there. Ty, mate! 😀

Fantastic!  Now, please, go and have some holidays,  and DO NOT read the forums for some time. We can't afford  you to have a burnout! 

• Upvote 1

It seems as though the AI is back to ignoring my wingmen and all focusing on me. I don't know if anyone else is having a similar experience

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Well online but stutters are there nevertheless but the last 10 minutes of a server misson 

Very much appreciate the continued work on AI: it makes a huge difference for SP.   The occasional "bug workshop" as in this thread also seems to be a useful and much appreciated method of squashing them, since we can see that they are getting done.  Perhaps they could be made a periodic feature, maybe once a quarter?

Anyway, Merry Christmas.  

• Upvote 4

On 12/17/2019 at 12:39 PM, QB.Creep said:

Someone reported that this latest patch broke 3dMigoto, however I do not see anything in the patch notes that looks like a change to in-game rendering... curious what may have caused that?

It is always a good idea to disable 3DMigoto before installing a patch. I have had it corrupt my download before. 

Edited by Jaegermeister

Thank you for the fixes. Absolutely, love this game and all of its predecessors.

Playing with in-game MP server, NOT DServer. Just haven't had a chance to test it yet running DServer, not sure if it stores variables differently.  First time I did RRR with no damage, just ran out of guns and fuel and it worked perfect. The second time I was using the P-51 with critical damage to the engine and propeller, landed next to opel blitz for RRR and it worked!  I just couldn't restart the engine, like it was not acknowledging the keystroke. There were no descriptions of trying to turn the battery on or anything in the tech chat. It rearmed, refueled and repaired, but I couldn't start the engine. It did not crash the game though! I was able to click finish mission, and jump back into the game and everything was fine. I'm not home for another 10 days where my j/s is.

Thank you very much for the latest updates guys, really appreciated.:cool:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I went the school Christmas concert where the organizers wished us "a nice event season"...[PC gone mad] .... Well, I dont believe in that, so instead I will wish Jason and the rest of the developers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, or as we say in Danish: Glædelig Jul og Godt Nytår!

(And for the Russians, a Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Development Team and Jason  your so Awesome...… Jason because He has a Pug!                   Love you Guys  Mike

Bee.jpg

27 minutes ago, Magnum11 said:

Development Team and Jason  your so Awesome...… Jason because He has a Pug!                   Love you Guys  Mike

Bee.jpg

Had a Pug. Lost her in my divorce. Have 3 cats now with girlfriend. She’s not into dogs. I adopted a wiener dog last summer, but he didn’t work out sadly. I’ll stick with the cats for a while. 

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After the latest update there is vastly increased probability that your pilot will be shot in the head. This has just ended 2 of my long-running careers: one in Stalingrad (in G-2) and one in Moscow (in F-2). In the first instance when I got head sniped by a Yak, I think to myself "must be bad luck". However it wasn't because when I next flew over an airfield in the F-2 as soon as ground defences noticed me I got head sniped again, this time apparently by AAA. And that was the first enemy salvo! (there was no ground fire until then). Please fix ASAP because it currently makes campaign unplayable.

BTW: I played both Career campaigns on Hard difficulty, medium density, iron mode, and started as a leader.

Edited by WheelwrightPL
Added some pertinent info

I got a CTD after successfully landing to my home airfield after bombing mission in P-38 career. When I reloaded IL2  mission wasn't saved or marked as completed. I'm back to square one. Never had issue like that before

17 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

After the latest update there is vastly increased probability that your pilot will be shot in the head. This has just ended 2 of my long-running careers: one in Stalingrad (in G-2) and one in Moscow (in F-2). In the first instance when I got head sniped by a Yak, I think to myself "must be bad luck". However it wasn't because when I next flew over an airfield in the F-2 as soon as ground defences noticed me I got head sniped again, this time apparently by AAA. And that was the first enemy salvo! (there was no ground fire until then). Please fix ASAP because it currently makes campaign unplayable.

BTW: I played both Career campaigns on Hard difficulty, medium density, iron mode, and started as a leader.

Amongst my teamspeak friends (and others) there has been a lot of complaint about this in the multiplayer side of the game.  I'm somewhat surprised that there may also be this issue in single player.  I wonder if they are related.  

I know that multiplayer isn't the primary focus of the team - and for "fair enough" reasons - but, if the issue is also in single player and can be fixed, it might do us multiplayers a favor as well. S!     

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

13 hours ago, =FB=VikS said:

hmm, thats strange - as i just did a small test mission with it [FORMATION_SPEED_TEST_6x_var.alt.zip] - and all seems ~ok (at least in this case - 6x planes group with bombs in formation - altitude varies from 1000 to 2000m, target speed on waypount is 450).

Pls next time when youll encounter the problem you noted - PM me a track file with it (dont forget to include both .trk file and track folder in archive - and make short recording of exactly this issue - if possible).

Thanks!

Tried to PM you the files, but the PM thing isn't working correctly for some reason and I can't add any files. Anyway, here there are. I'll try to send them to you via PM still. The files will show how slow the FW190s go for ground strike missions. They don't even reach 300km/h for some reason. Hope you can pinpoint the problem and fix it! I would play my A5 career again.

career-12-Fabian Walter-1943.2019-12-18_22-42-34_00.zip

And here is the folder

career-12-fabian walter-1943.2019-12-18_22-42-34_00.zip

Edited by Sybreed

14 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

4.003b
3. Albatros D.Va engine won't erroneously overheat with normal coolant temperature;
9. Sturmoviks correctly open fire at the ships in the 3rd mission of the Sea Dragons campaign;
10. Hitting Blip Switch button won't show a wrong message about an engine failure;

- Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes at normal coolant temperature were fixed (the reason was overheating of the oil). You can still get a message about engine overheating in the GUI due to overheating of the cylinders when the coolant temperature is below the boiling point, but still high. Just keep the coolant temperature within the normal range.

Thank you for quick solution.

Have merry Christmass and hapy New Year !

Hi,

This is the second time in a row that my sound configuration stopped working at all after an update.

Deleting backup folder did not solve the issue.
Thankfully I had a working backup folder and running the game from there - the sound worked.
So I updated the old backup folder and now I have a working game again.
Can some one please remind me how do I copy the scripted campaign and game recordings?

@Devs, please fix this issue with the updater :(
I store my game on SSD drive and copying the files there too much can harm the device.
Thanks.

Edited by Zeev

Stuttttterrrrrrring seems to have stoped in SP..though i only play with PWCG. seems crazy but my performance only improves when I turn graphic options UP?

I play VR only, Rift S on a MSI Laptop GT75(?) with 1070 graphics card. i get steady 40FPS with EVERYTHING set to MAX...40FPS seems fine to me, never hit 90 but dont really feel the need to IMHO

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

4.003b
3. Albatros D.Va engine won't erroneously overheat with normal coolant temperature;

✌️

Thank you!

BoN pre-ordered... 😉

4 hours ago, Zeev said:

@Devs, please fix this issue with the updater :(
I store my game on SSD drive and copying the files there too much can harm the device.
Thanks.

Modern SSDs are that good that isn't really a problem anymore so don't worry about it unless you have like a first generation SSD or something. 

Nice and unexpected Update - especially the hotfix for FC1! Thank you for your efforts!

Just feel the need to say THANK YOU to all the developers for this absolutely fantastic sim. and all your continued work on the improvements. Really, really enjoy it.Well done to all the team.

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, QB.Creep said:

Someone reported that this latest patch broke 3dMigoto, however I do not see anything in the patch notes that looks like a change to in-game rendering... curious what may have caused that?

Yes, I seem to be having problems with Lshift-k to turn the shimmering prop off, it doesn’t appear to work anymore since the update.

Do something with cheating possibility online. It will ruin this lovely game and your work. IMHO many users cheat without problem using (I don't want to tell its name) software.

8 hours ago, 161snails said:

Stuttttterrrrrrring seems to have stoped in SP..though i only play with PWCG. seems crazy but my performance only improves when I turn graphic options UP?

I play VR only, Rift S on a MSI Laptop GT75(?) with 1070 graphics card. i get steady 40FPS with EVERYTHING set to MAX...40FPS seems fine to me, never hit 90 but dont really feel the need to IMHO

90 fps in VR is overrated.

I love that the AI is getting improved with every update now - awesome!

Although there is still a long way to go. 

When flying and fighting works quite well - which already has improved a lot! - I hope for improvement in communication (il2 46 is still best I be played and I sometimes think about firing up the old lady due to the outstanding radio comms)

rework of SA - especially for rooky and average ai. 

Improved decision making and moral (when to engage or disengage, panic induced piloting errors ect )

and decrease piloting skills for rookie ai in general to reenect the average vvs 41/ lw 45 pilot :)

a long wishlist - I know but I'm keeping my hopes up since SP has become so much better than it was a year ago! :)

• Like 1

Found a bug maybe? I remember being able to open .msnbin files with the editor, but now it can only open the .Mission files. Maybe the feature was intentionally removed? It was super helpful to be able to download multiplayer missions and see how other people constructed their missions. Please tell me someone else remembers being able to do this.

Edit: I'm posting here because I think this is a very recent change.

Edited by =SqSq=Civilprotection

The single player and coop mode of this game is now much smoother and better after this update. Well done guys, been waiting for this for a while, keep  up the good work.

Great update, happy holidays.  Thanks for all the extra hard work.

Laz

On 12/19/2019 at 2:43 AM, Sneaksie said:

4.003b

Way to go Sneaksie! Fantastic to see FC getting some love. :biggrin:

On 12/19/2019 at 12:15 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Had a Pug. Lost her in my divorce.

That is so sad. :sorry:

On 12/18/2019 at 2:53 AM, =FB=VikS said:

Can you give more information about this? What kind of nightfirgter campaigns are you talking about? Which unit/date/type of mission?

Yes thank you so much , the iii/KG 51 fw 190 nightbomber career in bodenplatte gets up to 28.10.1944 then planes stop spawning and the career cant be advanced any further attached are photos of what happens when i try to start the enemy frontline strongpoint bombing mission at 20.30

Snapchat-701213684.jpg

Snapchat-1212913043.jpg