Han

Game version 4.003 discussion: Improvements and Fixes.

22 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

Hum. Anything about fw190s careers going too slow? Could be hotfixed as well...

you mean the problem when they flying in formation?

2 hours ago, =FB=VikS said:

which squadron/date? is that newly generated squadron - or one of you created before update? have yo tryed to move onto next day - is it the same?

New career with P-47s 494th FS at St Trond, 1/10/44, tried two missions.

1296259563_P-47snoammo_01.thumb.jpg.32bd0f06ec103861f998ec627c080453.jpg

811392267_P-47snoammo_02.thumb.jpg.82edd9f4700fa16dc6d59f0994cdc6b6.jpg

Edited by busdriver

Hi cannot no more join servers like TAW or WOL, combat box

When I try to join I get #10017 file transfer error...

Any solutions?

17 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

Generally speaking ALL fighters fly too slow when in formation. Additionally if the AI has to climb when the Attack MCU is activated (or rejoining to go home) it slows down well below a "tactical airspeed."  

27 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

What I noted is FW units tends to fly really slow in career, with speed usually capped at 450km/h due to the speed set by the waypoints.

Bf109 careers with units away from the frontline had similar problems with planes being forced to fly at 350km/h, but in this case I suspect is because internal fuel of 109s is not enough to cover the entire flight time from their bases to the frontline and back unless flown at fuel saving engine settings...

Edited by ACG_Alexmarine

25 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

Yes. Instead of going 400-450 kph, they barely reach 300-315 kph.

5 hours ago, J5_Hellbender-Sch27b said:
  • Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes when climbing at full power without actual overheating

Would you please clarify this case? (a season, conditions, difficulty options, radiator control, water temperature, IAS, etc.?)

35. All aircraft GUI previews updated to have a similar style;

I really appreciate this nice little detail! 👍

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:

Would you please clarify this case? (a season, conditions, difficulty options, radiator control, water temperature, IAS, etc.?)

Map / Season: Kuban, Autumn 1943 (ISA conditions)
Difficulty: Expert + Instrument panel + Allow spectators (not required)

Radiator control: Full open (100%)
Throttle control: Full open (100%)

Water temperature: 80C max

IAS: 168km/h max at 300m

Steps to reproduce:

1. Quick mission, Kuban Autumn 1943 (15C at sea level), free flight, Albatros D.Va, 300m, 12:00, no significant weather
    Realism: Expert + Instrument panel + Allow spectators (not required)
    Plane settings: Everything default + Thermometer

zKpWAl1.jpg
    bPxXoxU.jpg

sfBjdSN.jpg

2. Autolevel at 300m, full throttle (100%), radiator fully open (100%), IAS 165-168km/h, temperature around 60C

moEnLTA.jpg

3. Timescale 8, speed rises to 168km/h, temperature rises to around 80C.

RX7b70E.jpg

4. Timescale 8, wait about 1 minute (around 8-10 minutes game time):
    Engine overheat message appears, temperature is normal

5. cW5umKA.jpg

6. Timescale 8, wait about 30 seconds more (around 4-5 minutes game time):
    Engine damage message appears, RPM and speed become unstable

rgvZPLE.jpg

7. Timescale 8, wait a few more seconds
    Engine failure 

ha3VL3a.jpg

Temperature has never gone above 80C.

Timescale 8 is not necessary to reproduce, you can also wait around 10 actual minutes.

All credit for this discovery goes to @J2_Jakob and @J2_Trupobaw for helping me sort out the specifics.

Edited by J5_Hellbender-Sch27b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

I believe the Albatross engine is overcompressed, to give it more speed at altitude, but this means that opening the throttle fully at sea level will induce knock and kill the engine quote fast. It's not over heating that is destroying your engine, bit that the fuel is igniting before the sparkplug ignites it

Edited by GreenSound

Just now, GreenSound said:

I believe the Albatross engine is overcompressed, to give it more speed at altitude, but this means that opening the throttle fully at sea level will induce knock and kill the engine quote fast

That's 200 hp Albatros, not 180 hp we have. That engine is used in 200hp Halberstadt and engine abuse at low altitudes is modelled there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Jason:

What's the status of "indestructible parked-aircraft in Bondenplatte Career" bug ?

Also, would installing another 16GB RAM (for a total of 32GB) speed-up assets loading in Bondenplatte ?

2 hours ago, AnPetrovich said:

Similar bug is noted for a lot of time ago with the 109 Oil radiator. Still no fix

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to sound fixes. Currently the cockpit totally filters out plane and vehicle explosion sounds (but enemy plane crash landing sounds play really loud)

Edited by von_Michelstamm

Verily, that which was stated regarding train updates, AI pulling out of attack in confined terrain, and more alert train gunners is true.

I moved a train down into the Mosel valley and repeated a previously modified mission where I had to move the train to the top of a hill so I could have some company on the way back home to Florennes in my trusty Lightning. This go ‘round none of my teammates committed suicide into the steep cliffs. The train gunners which previously ignored us poured fire straight at me as I dove to the attack, fortunately missing as the tracers streamed over my wings. The mission ended as it should, with the poor gun crews burning into ignonomy as we flew off into the western sunset.

Good job bringing in your new AI technician, I would like to personally thank that heretofore unnamed individual and congratulate him/her on work well done.

If you can keep reading my mind and fixing the things I am having trouble with before I ask, that would be perfect. 

• Haha 1

the game is amazing but I'm having alot of trouble with the bodeplatte nightfighter campaigns. ive gotten about 1/4 the way through and missions have started spawning without loading player aircraft. there's no options for modifying aircraft and when yous start out it just gives you an overhead view of some city its really wierd. also the gun sites on the Fokker D.VIIF have texture errors. there are a few other issues in career mode but all in all this game is mindblowing. i cant wait for the final product keep up the good work i'll keep buying every expansion . 

11 hours ago, Sybreed said:

Yes. Instead of going 400-450 kph, they barely reach 300-315 kph.

This is an AI issue - it just cant hold close formations on high speeds with external loadouts. Gonna be improved with time with more progress on AI improvements.

5 hours ago, Stummyhurt said:

the game is amazing but I'm having alot of trouble with the bodeplatte nightfighter campaigns. ive gotten about 1/4 the way through and missions have started spawning without loading player aircraft. there's no options for modifying aircraft and when yous start out it just gives you an overhead view of some city its really wierd.

Can you give more information about this? What kind of nightfirgter campaigns are you talking about? Which unit/date/type of mission?

非常感谢这样的更新,希望不断改进。

提前祝您们圣诞节快乐!

Thank you so much for the update. Hope to improve.

Merry Christmas to you in advance!

Edited by SL19711105buhesulong
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, =FB=VikS said:

This is an AI issue - it just cant hold close formations on high speeds. Gonna be improved with time with more progress on AI improvements

This is interesting. Why then the AI in FW190 A8 flies pretty well with 450km/h in 'intercept ground attack aircrafts' missions in the career, to the action point?

Best wishes to everyone involved in making this wonderful sim.

Thanks for everything you have given us this year.

Cheers.

58 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

This is interesting. Why then the AI in FW190 A8 flies pretty well with 450km/h in 'intercept ground attack aircrafts' missions in the career, to the action point?

Cause  in this case - it didnt have external loadouts (forgot to mention it - added note about it in my prev post) - as more drag - can cause need of more power = engine combat regime lasts only 30 minutes = group leader had to drop throttle so not to kill his engine - and so on.

The work on AI is very much appreciated. It's great to see it as a priority. Hopefully we're now on a steady path of improvement. Thank you team, that in itself is a great way to go into Xmas. 🙂 

PS Nice to see the devs, and Jason, so active in this thread! Merry Christmas to you all...

29 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

Cause  in this case - it didnt have external loadouts (forgot to mention it - added note about it in my prev post) - as more drag - can cause need of more power = engine combat regime lasts only 30 minutes = group leader had to drop throttle so not to kill his engine - and so on.

Ok, but why then, is the 'intercept ground attack aircrafts' mission type the only one in which AI is flying faster than 270-330 km/h? In all other mission types in the career mode and in all PWCG missions the AI is flying far too slow. Interestingly, when in PWCG we only fly with two FW 190, we fly with the speed that is given by the PWCG program in the aircraft file, no matter if the mission was planned with two aircrafts or if the other aircrafts were killed and only my Flightleader and I remained. But when we are more than two aircrafts, the cruising speed usually is 270 km/h, at maximum 300 km/h. And my missions in the game's career mode showed the speeds were usually 330 in/h. This is for all A versions of the 190, I don't know about the Dora.

So, static aircraft (in career mode, Battle of Bodenplatte only) are still invulnerable to all MGs and cannons. Only bombs destroy them.

Very immersion breaking when you strafe an airfield and nothing happens to the aircraft.  Hope this is fixed soon :)

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

But when we are more than two aircrafts, the cruising speed usually is 270 km/h, at maximum 300 km/h.

it can be the problem/or one of the problems.

And my missions in the game's career mode showed the speeds were usually 330 in/h. This is for all A versions of the 190, I don't know about the Dora.

you mean speed showed on speedbar/or on map/or target speed in mission waypoint?

Thanks for the update.

3. Advanced AIs won't 'stuck' in an endless circle during dogfight anymore;

Just flown pure dogfights for an hour against all levels of AI and this still happens often...such an immersion killer, please fix properly!

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

you mean speed showed on speedbar/or on map/or target speed in mission waypoint?

No, the speed shown on the gauge in the cockpit. But in 2k altitude there is no big difference between IAS and TAS. This difference is more noticeable in PWCG missions, which can be up to 6k altitude, but the other side is, in the Bf 109 we fly the IAS speed of 360 km/h, which Patrick has set for 109 and 190 as cruising speed, even in high altitudes, while in the 190 the cruising speed is such low, no matter in which altitude.

All nice! 👍👍, but i miss a BOBP Video Intro like BOK😥. Happy winter holidays !! 

1 hour ago, KotwicaGoose said:

So, static aircraft (in career mode, Battle of Bodenplatte only) are still invulnerable to all MGs and cannons. Only bombs destroy them.

Very immersion breaking when you strafe an airfield and nothing happens to the aircraft.  Hope this is fixed soon :)

found the problem - will be fixed in closest hotfix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, =FB=VikS said:

This is an AI issue - it just cant hold close formations on high speeds with external loadouts. Gonna be improved with time with more progress on AI improvements.

Can you give more information about this? What kind of nightfirgter campaigns are you talking about? Which unit/date/type of mission?

Thx for the update. As it stands, the planes are going so slow they are always close to stalling. The easiest workaround is to make yourself flight leader as it forces the AI to follow you but it's really a bandaid solution. But, the FW190 seems more affected by this issue than, say, the p38.

Edited by Sybreed

2 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

No, the speed shown on the gauge in the cockpit. But in 2k altitude there is no big difference between IAS and TAS. This difference is more noticeable in PWCG missions, which can be up to 6k altitude, but the other side is, in the Bf 109 we fly the IAS speed of 360 km/h, which Patrick has set for 109 and 190 as cruising speed, even in high altitudes, while in the 190 the cruising speed is such low, no matter in which altitude.

59 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

Thx for the update. As it stands, the planes are going so slow they are always close to stalling. The easiest workaround is to make yourself flight leader as it forces the AI to follow you but it's really a bandaid solution. But, the FW190 seems more affected by this issue than, say, the p38.

hmm, thats strange - as i just did a small test mission with it [FORMATION_SPEED_TEST_6x_var.alt.zip] - and all seems ~ok (at least in this case - 6x planes group with bombs in formation - altitude varies from 1000 to 2000m, target speed on waypount is 450).

Pls next time when youll encounter the problem you noted - PM me a track file with it (dont forget to include both .trk file and track folder in archive - and make short recording of exactly this issue - if possible).

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

hmm, thats strange - as i just did a small test mission with it [FORMATION_SPEED_TEST_6x_var.alt.zip] - and all seems ~ok (at least in this case - 6x planes group with bombs in formation - altitude varies from 1000 to 2000m, target speed on waypount is 450).

Pls next time when youll encounter the problem you noted - PM me a track file with it (dont forget to include both .trk file and track folder in archive - and make short recording of exactly this issue - if possible).

Thanks!

I'll test it as soon as I arrive from work tonight. From my previous tests, the target speed on the map was also 450km/h but the planes wouldn't go beyond 330km/h. Perhaps @Yogiflight can send you something sooner as he also noticed the same issue?

thanks all! Love to see the AI fixes. Good stuff! Since I fly primarily SP mode, the AI fixes are a much needed fix for me!!! Love to see them do stuff other than tight circles.

4 часа назад, Frost* сказал:

Thanks for the update.

3. Advanced AIs won't 'stuck' in an endless circle during dogfight anymore;

Just flown pure dogfights for an hour against all levels of AI and this still happens often...such an immersion killer, please fix properly!

Thanks.

Are you sure? I have tested today and there were not endless turns.

14 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

4.003b
1. Fixed the lack of ammo in some Career mission types;
2. AI pilots perform maneuvers at low altitudes better;
3. Albatros D.Va won't erroneously overheat in a climb*;
4. P.u.W. bombs look correctly from afar;
5. S.E.5a compass corrected;
6. Bristol Firghter side-slip indicator made visible;
7. Halberstadt CL.II gunner animation corrected;
8. 13-pdr and 77 mm AA guns firing range corrected;
9. Sturmoviks correctly open fire at the ships in the 3rd mission of the Sea Dragons campaign;
10. Hitting Blip Switch button won't show a wrong message about an engine failure;

11. Static aircraft in the Bodenplatte career can be destroyed by guns and MGs.

- Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes at normal coolant temperature were fixed (the reason was overheating of the oil). You can still get a message about engine overheating in the GUI due to overheating of the cylinders when the coolant temperature is below the boiling point, but still high. Just keep the coolant temperature within the normal range.

Holy crap you guys are fast!  Thanks for the hard work!

Very impressed with the speed of the FC hotfixes

You've had a hard working good year and deserve an enjoyable and Happy Christmas

Well done

S!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

I'll test it as soon as I arrive from work tonight. From my previous tests, the target speed on the map was also 450km/h but the planes wouldn't go beyond 330km/h

Yep, I can confirm, that the speed at the waypoints, you can read on the map, are shown with 450km/h. But AI doesn't care. I'll see later, if I get it done with the files.