Game version 4.003 discussion: Improvements and Fixes.

13 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

What "fixes" are you referring to?

Jason

Off the top of my head:

The actual bugs that need fixing:

• Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes when climbing at full power without actual overheating

• S.E.5a compass is inverted

• WWI AAA objects are currently not functional (check with mission builders @J5_Matthias and @J99_Sizzlorr)

• Human two-seater gunner animations are broken

• Halberstadt P.u.W bombs visually turn into Cooper bombs when seen from a distance

• Speed measurements for all planes except the S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va have not been updated in the documentation

Unconfirmed whether or not they are bugs:

• Fokker Dr.I top speed is still the same value as RoF 1.034 (165km/h) instead of being reverted to RoF pre-1.034 (178km/h) as all the other planes were.
    @AnPetrovich said a year ago he was waiting for data. I think that data is now available through @Chill31

• Gunner angle on the Halberstadt CL.II is a lot smaller than it was in RoF. I think this is a result of the new gunner model and probably can't be easily fixed.

I'm probably missing some things, I can collect and PM you a full list with relevant data if you'd like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
2 hours ago, Leifr said:

Bodenplatte, I guess?

Woah wow.

Yes, I made a special edit to the squadron config files so that German units which took part in Bodenplatte will fly an airfield attack mission on that day. I couldn't restrict it to the exact hour when the attacks took place (due to the way things are coded), but suffice it to say you'll see an airfield attack mission generated for some time between ~0800-1100 hrs on that day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 11

Does the new patch fix the Fw190 A5 career in BoK? The AI flew way too slow to the point of stalling and never respected their programmed speed. (Going 300 kph instead of 450) Is it corrected? I don't want to be over dramatic, but it makes the fw190 a5 career almost unplayable as getting intercepted at such low speed is a death sentence. 

Edited by Sybreed
23 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

Does the new patch fix the Fw190 A5 career in BoK? The AI flew way too slow to the point of stalling and never respected their programmed speed. (Going 300 kph instead of 450) Is it corrected? I don't want to be over dramatic, but it makes the fw190 a5 career almost unplayable as getting intercepted at such low speed is a death sentence. 

It is not only the A5 career. This issue is spread over all Focke Wulf careers and the PWCG campaigns. I tried it lately in the career mode and the only mission type, with the right speed was ground attack aircraft intercept,with the A8, with a cruising speed of 450km/h. In PWCG the cruising speed usually is 300km/h, in the game's career mode 330km/h, differing a little up and down.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

It is not only the A5 career. This issue is spread over all Focke Wulf careers and the PWCG campaigns. I tried it lately in the career mode and the only mission type, with the right speed was ground attack aircraft intercept,with the A8, with a cruising speed of 450km/h. In PWCG the cruising speed usually is 300km/h, in the game's career mode 330km/h, differing a little up and down.

I didn't know it affected the other FWs as well. @Jason_Williams sorry to be bother you, but do you know if this was looked at? I see nothing in the patch notes about this long standing issue...

• 1CGS
40 minutes ago, technic said:

After today´s update, all Allies aircraft start the carrier mission without any ammunition (tried with Spitfire Mk.IXE, P-38J and P51D).

which squadron/date? is that newly generated squadron - or one of you created before update? have yo tryed to move onto next day - is it the same?

48 minutes ago, technic said:

After today´s update, all Allies aircraft start the carrier mission without any ammunition (tried with Spitfire Mk.IXE, P-38J and P51D).

Is anyone else seeing this problem? I need to know. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, LukeFF said:

Is anyone else seeing this problem? I need to know. 

Tested various squadrons today and no issues. Might be related to a single squadron or might be a players fault.

On the other side, loving the new AI and the Career. It's the little details... 😀

Damaged a 109 K4 that disengaged and then made a run home but I was able to hit tim at tree-top level. 

12 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Oh, another bug: The German landing craft are taking themselves out using their own anti-aircraft guns.

"Well, Hans, it's been fun sailing with you, but we know the war is lost. Lets scuttle this schweinehund and head west into the countryside. How's your French? Nevermind, how hard could it be?"

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

which squadron/date? is that newly generated squadron - or one of you created before update? have yo tryed to move onto next day - is it the same?

First time it happened with carrier of 401 SQ Spitfire. Bombing enemy forces - bombs are OK, byt when I try to fire guns - no ammunition. Tried with P-38 Carrier (474 FG) and with Tempest carier (80SQ). With the Tempest I try to jump on next day, same result. Actually, when you check aircraft prior to flight, it seems to be OK, weapon table shows bombs and ammunition. But when the flight actually starts, ammunition counter shows "0" and there is no possibility to fire guns. Please see attached screenshots.

2019_12_17__19_13_20.jpg

2019_12_17__20_22_39.jpg

• Thanks 1

I started new P47 campaign - 390th FS 27/11 1944. We attacked road convoy. AI drop bombs, made strafing run but no gun fire. Then we were attacked by Me 109 and again no gun fire from my squadmates. Even in head on pass against Me109 shooted only german plane. I don´t know if P47 AI had no ammo, but obviously didnt use it.

My airplane loading assigned by mission was correct: full MG load + extra ammo  + 3x 500 lb bombs.

One question: it was end of november and we were still on autumn map. I may be used to Russian winters, but the winter of 1944 was on west very cold too. 😋

• 1CGS
44 minutes ago, technic said:

First time it happened with carrier of 401 SQ Spitfire. Bombing enemy forces - bombs are OK, byt when I try to fire guns - no ammunition. Tried with P-38 Carrier (474 FG) and with Tempest carier (80SQ). With the Tempest I try to jump on next day, same result. Actually, when you check aircraft prior to flight, it seems to be OK, weapon table shows bombs and ammunition. But when the flight actually starts, ammunition counter shows "0" and there is no possibility to fire guns. Please see attached screenshots.

rgr - found the problem, will be fixed in closest hotfix.

thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, J5_Hellbender-Sch27b said:
Spoiler

Off the top of my head:

The actual bugs that need fixing:

• Albatros D.Va overheats and engine seizes when climbing at full power without actual overheating

• S.E.5a compass is inverted

• WWI AAA objects are currently not functional (check with mission builders @J5_Matthias and @J99_Sizzlorr)

• Human two-seater gunner animations are broken

• Halberstadt P.u.W bombs visually turn into Cooper bombs when seen from a distance

• Speed measurements for all planes except the S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va have not been updated in the documentation

Unconfirmed whether or not they are bugs:

• Fokker Dr.I top speed is still the same value as RoF 1.034 (165km/h) instead of being reverted to RoF pre-1.034 (178km/h) as all the other planes were.
    @AnPetrovich said a year ago he was waiting for data. I think that data is now available through @Chill31

• Gunner angle on the Halberstadt CL.II is a lot smaller than it was in RoF. I think this is a result of the new gunner model and probably can't be easily fixed.

I'm probably missing some things, I can collect and PM you a full list with relevant data if you'd like.

@Jason_Williams

Jason, some addition to the Hellblender's list.

The Entente planes still have "soviet" bombs - the bombs won't explode dropped from the low altitude (< 400 feet) if they have contact or 1s timer set up.

• Upvote 4
24 minutes ago, Columbar said:

I started new P47 campaign - 390th FS 27/11 1944. We attacked road convoy. AI drop bombs, made strafing run but no gun fire. Then we were attacked by Me 109 and again no gun fire from my squadmates. Even in head on pass against Me109 shooted only german plane. I don´t know if P47 AI had no ammo, but obviously didnt use it.

My airplane loading assigned by mission was correct: full MG load + extra ammo  + 3x 500 lb bombs.

Confirmed (test last night)  and reported - thank you.

I am very excited about the AI improvements. I wonder if little by little the AI can start performing more BFM Basic Flying Maneuvers and offensive and defensive ones as well (Split-S, Immelmann, barrel roll, scissors, hammerhead, etc).

It would be so great if feasible....

• Han unpinned this topic