Burdokva

MiG-3 flaps without UI?

I recently bought BoM and, surprisingly, I am having a blast flying the MiG-3! It's like a race car with a bad attitude that, when flown well, can take on a 109F...

Yet, I can't figure out my flap positions! I know how they operate - single push on the release flap button drops them, hold and the angle can be a djusted - same for retraction. But I fly without UI (no compass, no flight data, etc. - just chat info in multiplayer) and I can't figure out what the lever shows. If I press and hold, no matter how much time I hold, it stays either in the uppermost or downward most position, so there is no way to know the angle.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much, GiftZahnsSteigernI though that the подъем / въiпуск level controller the angle... and it seems I often flew with flaps down! 🤪 

For knowing the angle at which the flaps will extend you need to look at the wheel on the left of your seat.

1/2 turn is equal to 20%.

16 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I would LOVE to like this plane, but every time I try it, I feel it like a brick.

That's what I love about it. It flies different to all the other Russian birds.

10 hours ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

I would LOVE to like this plane, but every time I try it, I feel it like a brick.

RUDDER rudder rudder

Be very mindfull of your rudder (Oposite from the 109). If you fly uncoordinated you losse a lot of speed due to drag. You have to adjust it if you climb, dive, change speed, more so than with other planes I feel.

Also you control the Boost/emergency mode with the mixture lever.

I remember quite a while ago it was VERY "interesting" to take off with. Specialy in MP, the Developers even released a video showing how to do it proper, and even then ir was hair raising experience.

I'm not sure if you guys spotted a flaps position indicator in that video. MiG-3 flap position indicator is located behind a stick (from a pilot view) on the floor, between your feet. I've marked it with a white circle. Black gap, with red indicator and red numbers indicating flaps angle. Hard to spot it on this video because it's a little too dark.
I just want to be sure.

dsBuffer_bmp.thumb.png.fcfa88fbee80d10d2072dc6317f649f2.png

what I never understood is the flaps usage on this plane. After watching the video, its still unclear to me.

Is there two separated keys for controlling the limiter and two more for flaps itself control?

Sorry, I the luftwaffle never understood red things😅

What I do is:

while still on the ground before take off I press and hold the Flaps release watching the indicator on the floor. After a sort time holding the button the indicator moves. Set to desired combat flap position.

When needed in slow speed combat press and release the flaps down button and the flaps will deploy to the preset position. 

For landing press and hold to set more flap.