Flatfoot

Problem with steam install Recognizing Boddenplatte Purchase through webstore.

Hello  I own Every Module available for IL2 Great Battles On Steam.  I purchased Boddenplatte( Premium edition) Through the webstore here In late October i think. Well before the steam launch.  Now  My accounts are linked.  Heres where it gets frustrating.  I launch il2 on steam  and maybe 2-3 times out of 10 i get to actually use Boddenplatte.    The rest of the time  it shows as not owned   planes are locked, No Bodenplatte available on start screen.  Doesnt matter if i try and play single or multiplayer.  It is not availible.   I have submitted a ticket.   The response was - I own Bodenplatte. (basically no help)    I have reinstalled at least 10 times,   with no help in the 2 out of 10 times availability.   I have tried to force Re linking in game by bypassing the steam exe  and launching directly from the game install folder,   It seldom works,   and when it does  only Boddenplatte is available.  It like I said is frustrating  and I could use some help

Edited by 361st_Flatfoot

You have a forum account that shows only a BOPD tag.

So the usual procedure would be:

• log onto the il2sturmovik.com website (not the forum, that is a separate account) with your ingame-credentials (which should be the same as your forum account) - https://il2sturmovik.com/account/login/ 
  • merge this website account with your steam account (that is an option offered on the first login)
  • Alternatively: sign in via steam on https://il2sturmovik.com/account/login/  and merge the other way round (probably the better way)
  • check your profile on the website that should now show your BOPD and the products you own via steam
  • since BOPD is not a steam-product, download the universal il2 launcher offered on the website (for many reasons) - https://il2sturmovik.com/download/
  • start IL2 via the IL2 proprietary launcher instead of via steam

Everything should be now available (also you should not fe show up as "player-123456" when joining a mulitplayer server).

Caveat: if it does not work (because there is always a slight possibility to mix something up) you might still need to contact support. In this case you need to provide details and be concise,

I am not entirely sure if my problem is identical but I will describe it. I bought BOS on Steam, then four collector aircraft, then connected accounts and bought them at the Kuban and Bodenplatte stores. When I start the game directly from the intsalation file, two collector planes are blocked, I wrote to the site several times before they understood it and I got the answer:                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

" You have to launch the game from Steam to have an access to all the content you have (on Steam and website), it doesn't work the other way.
When you launch the game with standalone IL-2 launcher the game does not see those 2 planes, because you purchased them on Steam.
It sees other planes because they were purchased before the update 3.004. "

"1CGS Support Team"

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek

hmmm, 
I boughty my oldest stuff on Steam too, but I also made sure I to extract my licence keys and activate them in my merged account (so my BOS tag showed up as an example) via https://il2sturmovik.com/store/license-keys/ .
Then I switched to the IL-2's proprietary launcher and never had a problem again.
When I notified the "Support Staff" about me owning the original 1C IL2, 1C IL246 and the original 1C SoW:CoD (later renamed IL2:CoD) and even supplied some serial numbers and old emails/accounts  I no longer have access to for them to datamine it and verify me as me... I got the suprisingly short reply (after a very long time)  "those are not products of our company" (okayyyyy........ so I guess I better not bother with that topic then)

Since you seem to own BOS too, I would invest a few minutes to extract your keys from Steam (collector planes have keys too) and activate them on your merged website account - I am not so sure if the support channels really understand some issues, since my Steam purchases were before update 3.004.
For a variety of possible reasons that need not bother us, it is as it is.
(And Team Fusion had no problem in identifying me as a SoW:CoD owner, since their version of Cliffs was attributed to my Steam library, without any request or input from side, ever)

So my former advice to @361st_Flatfoot still stands - and both of you might want to clean this up by yourselves.

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo

On 2/13/2020 at 9:32 AM, [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo said:

hmmm, 
I boughty my oldest stuff on Steam too, but I also made sure I to extract my licence keys and activate them in my merged account (so my BOS tag showed up as an example) via https://il2sturmovik.com/store/license-keys/ .
Then I switched to the IL-2's proprietary launcher and never had a problem again.
When I notified the "Support Staff" about me owning the original 1C IL2, 1C IL246 and the original 1C SoW:CoD (later renamed IL2:CoD) and even supplied some serial numbers and old emails/accounts  I no longer have access to for them to datamine it and verify me as me... I got the suprisingly short reply (after a very long time)  "those are not products of our company" (okayyyyy........ so I guess I better not bother with that topic then)

Since you seem to own BOS too, I would invest a few minutes to extract your keys from Steam (collector planes have keys too) and activate them on your merged website account - I am not so sure if the support channels really understand some issues, since my Steam purchases were before update 3.004.
For a variety of possible reasons that need not bother us, it is as it is.
(And Team Fusion had no problem in identifying me as a SoW:CoD owner, since their version of Cliffs was attributed to my Steam library, without any request or input from side, ever)

So my former advice to @361st_Flatfoot still stands - and both of you might want to clean this up by yourselves.

Sadly My purchases were post update 3.004.. so i have no keys.      My account shows on the website  that i own Bodenplatte. On steam i own every other module  and plane.     Like i said  it is merged   and it is a royal pain in the butt to get all my modules availible at one time.      Support  has been no help.   stating that i do own Bodenplatte.And can do nothing about my steam owned modules.   I just want everything i own to show up at the same time. Reached out to steam as well but there as its a keyless system now, they are helpless as well.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:40 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

@361st_Flatfoot, Please contact with support.

I have  and its gotten me nowhere.  Its why i am reaching out here in the hopes someone has been through this. post 3.004.

Edited by 361st_Flatfoot

bizarre.. since via your linked/merged account Support could easily assign the tags to their database (as it does not happen automatically) - and tell you to use the universal/proprietary IL2 launcher ONLY - problem solved!

(well, actually not from their side since it might drag in a tail of potential issues and create precedence - also, contractual issues most likely).

This is the problem with plattform shops purchases... they force the purchased products into shop proprietary lately (aka cuff their customerbase into a one-way follow up purchase alley).

Maybe anyone has found a lucky coincidental workaround to solve this.

I'm in a similar boat. I made all of my purchases through steam, unfortunately. I had to get support to link the accounts, as it simply would not work in-game. I'm wondering now if I'll have to get support to add the tags for everything I got (which isn't much, just 3 tags)

Same issue here.

One of the fixes for this is making sure your email address is the same on both Il-2 and Steam account.

I have a similar issue. I bought the per-order Battle of Boddenplatte over a year ago on the IL-2 site and registered the code as instructed on the IL-2 site. I see the Battle of Boddenplatte on my home page on the BOS site. I think some of the files to the Battle of Boddenplatte are corrupted and I need to reinstall the BoB files. I do not know how to do this without deleting everything. In Battle of Boddenplatte, I get all the way to start the mission of a USA sortie and nothing but a black screen with the rotating blue ball and loading mission with the engine control icons at upper right of screen, thus lock up and BOS not responding and close program. I have tried this with Germany and England and the same issue. I fly everything else on BoS and no problems with missions. Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this.