Sign in to follow this  
Startrek66

Edtracker optimization

Hi guys, I installed ED Tracker and I wanted to know if I can make it work better than it is working now.  How should it be configured?  I assigned the movement of the horizontal and vertical pilot's head, but the movements are not very smooth.  Thanks for your advice you will give me

I've got the edtracker pro wired and the settings that I've settled on are having the scaling variables at thier lowest, and the smoothing at its maximum, also have response mode set to linear. And rather than assigning the edtracker axis to the pilots head keybindings you run opentrack (or similar) using the edtracker axis as the source (joystick input) and that gets sent to the game as though its trackir.

Edited by Oliver88

Set up the EDtracker using OpenTrack. It’s much smoother and you can add some tricks that can mimic full 6dof. Look up pseudo-6DOF EDtracker, the guys who make the tracker have a couple tutorials on how to use it in opentrack, once you get it set up it will work great. I love mine.

hello guys, I followed the yours recommendations and an improvement was achieved.  However, I have to find a correct setting in opentrack. You which version of Open track recommends me of? 

It also happens to you every time you run the edtracker application that you need to reset the sensor gyro bias.

7 hours ago, Startrek66 said:

hello guys, I followed the yours recommendations and an improvement was achieved.  However, I have to find a correct setting in opentrack. You which version of Open track recommends me of? 

It also happens to you every time you run the edtracker application that you need to reset the sensor gyro bias.

It may not always be necessary, but I found that I had to click 'Reset Level' in the EDTracker software every time I started it up. If I just recentred the view without doing that step, eventually during the game the EDtracker would drift or get stuck looking straight back. It doesnt seem to cause any harm, so I just do it every time I set up. I know they recommend you do it on the table which can be a pain, so I just leave it on my headset, put it on my head and hold still for the 10 seconds it takes to reset the level, looking at the centre of my screen.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, RedKestrel said:

It may not always be necessary, but I found that I had to click 'Reset Level' in the EDTracker software every time I started it up. If I just recentred the view without doing that step, eventually during the game the EDtracker would drift or get stuck looking straight back. It doesnt seem to cause any harm, so I just do it every time I set up. I know they recommend you do it on the table which can be a pain, so I just leave it on my headset, put it on my head and hold still for the 10 seconds it takes to reset the level, looking at the centre of my screen.

Thanks for reply. 

Wich version of opentrack you use? 

1 hour ago, Startrek66 said:

Thanks for reply. 

I’m on my phone right now I can’t check. I think it’s 1.4 or something?

11 hours ago, Startrek66 said:

Thanks for reply. 

I'm using opentrack 2.3.11. You can find it here (oficial github): https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases/tag/opentrack-2.3.11-beta3

I can share my OpenTrack setting with you later as I'm at work now.

It's working with 6DOF very well.

Just now, SCG_ErwinP said:

opentrack 2.3.11.

This is the last version published.

IL2 BoX.zip

@Startrek66 Follow my OpenTrack profile.
I hope you enjoy it.

Save it into Opentrack folder: default: C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\opentrack

You can find it here:

image.png.eafc70552f2aaccae57b9f478395a2ce.png

I can help you with Opentrack if needed.

Edited by SCG_ErwinP
  • Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for the help you are providing, I really need it.  I'm used to moving the pilot head with hat switches so I have to find the right parameters in opentrack.  @scg_Erwinp I will try your settings

11 hours ago, Startrek66 said:

Hi guys, thanks for the help you are providing, I really need it.  I'm used to moving the pilot head with hat switches so I have to find the right parameters in opentrack.  @scg_Erwinp I will try your settings

Takes a while to get used to going from hat switches to head tracking. Give yourself some time and take breaks if you notice motion sickness, sore neck, etc. Once you get used to it you'll be good and you'll have a better idea of what settings you need.

Edited by RedKestrel

Hi guys, I am attaching the screens of my opentrack setting.  It could serve somebody.  Thanks for your advice.

Ciao

2020-01-02.png

2020-01-02 (1).png

2020-01-02 (5).png

2020-01-02 (2).png

2020-01-02 (3).png

2020-01-02 (4).png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2