Sign in to follow this  
daliborsky

enrich environment and gameplay

I love the series, I truly do. I'm on board from Blue Byte and Oleg Maddox times. But when I saw devs announcing yet another battlefield series I was disapointed. IL2 seriously lacks more gameplay, more substance, more ground and airborne activities, there is lenghty thread about small improvements we are asking for some time, but little seems to change. Instead devs have opted to broaden the offering, by adding tank crew and wwI planes and terrain. I can understand that. But I strongly believe that there should be significant content improvement before making new battlefiled. Some of the content in this series is many years old and obsolete (railways, roads, empty airports, unrealistic bridges etc...the list is long).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, daliborsky said:

it seems nobody cares, this is slowly becoming just another money making operation.....

sorry, that's just not correct.

there's lots of stuff that we individually want that's not in game but the devs have to budget and cater to a wider audience *and* be profitable.

these are not easy to do.

there's no one more passionate folk than the devs.

I know they are passionate. I collaborated with Oleg Maddox and the passion continued with the new devs. My criticism is constructive, I hope you understand that. There are some fundamental flaws with this series, that just gets copied from one itteration to another and nothing changes. There are many other changes, true, but my point is, that it would be nice to fix some old things and bring the sim to another level and THEN make new set of planes, new battlefield, new terrain, new game (I suspect this is slowly turning into world of planes/tanks/ship...thing). I will continue to support them by purchasing almost everything in the IL2 series at full price, don't get me wrong.

13 minutes ago, daliborsky said:

I know they are passionate. I collaborated with Oleg Maddox and the passion continued with the new devs. My criticism is constructive, I hope you understand that. There are some fundamental flaws with this series, that just gets copied from one itteration to another and nothing changes. There are many other changes, true, but my point is, that it would be nice to fix some old things and bring the sim to another level and THEN make new set of planes, new battlefield, new terrain, new game (I suspect this is slowly turning into world of planes/tanks/ship...thing). I will continue to support them by purchasing almost everything in the IL2 series at full price, don't get me wrong.

I agree , but its driven by the community, they ask for more planes, and more and more, more battlefields etc.

And this is what makes money for them.

If the developers keep feeding this and do not fix the problems (spotting, Rhineland map, DM to mention a few) the quality of this series would be affected, will be some sort of world of planes , with lots of bugs, and not good for business and customers.

Rather than new planes and new maps I prefer the problems to be fixed first, and also add more detail to the simulation, I know fuel management will be added, which is great, more detailed engine management would be nice too, more detailed damage model (hydraulic damage) all this will make the sim more interesting.

• Upvote 2