III./JG7-MarkWilhelmsson

Current Ju-88 vs C6

The Beaufort would be fun! Not really suitable to any of our current battles, but I'm a sucker for agile light bombers

3 hours ago, danielprates said:

Throw in the il4

Ilyushin DB 3 is basically a IL 4. It git renamed to IL 4 early in the great patriotic war. 
it got good range good payload and is a step towards torpedo carrying planes. 

6BDEBF0C-C9F9-4D59-BBC3-0C06BC2F9A42.jpeg

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 2

So does anyone know what the difference between the A-4 and C-6 in terms of defensive armament is?  Will the C-6 retain the windscreen mounted MG gunner position along with the dorsal and bola gunner positions, or some other combination?  I seem to find varying answers (and pictures) online, so were there several configurations of defensive armament the crews would change out?

2 hours ago, lucky721 said:

So does anyone know what the difference between the A-4 and C-6 in terms of defensive armament is?  Will the C-6 retain the windscreen mounted MG gunner position along with the dorsal and bola gunner positions, or some other combination?  I seem to find varying answers (and pictures) online, so were there several configurations of defensive armament the crews would change out?

Educated guess on my part, but most likely we won't see an MG mounted in the windscreen. That sort of thing was already being phased out by 1942, as it was seen as being a big hunk of metal that just got in the way of the crew without adding much defensive value. 

22 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Educated guess on my part, but most likely we won't see an MG mounted in the windscreen. That sort of thing was already being phased out by 1942, as it was seen as being a big hunk of metal that just got in the way of the crew without adding much defensive value. 

That was my guess too.  Though it does seem to me that if one was really to fly it as a heavy fighter, the forward facing gunner could possibly help score hits on a target that was much more agile while the pilot struggled to get the cumbersome C6's nose lined up for a burst with the main armament.

Edited by lucky721
Grammar

20 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I know early C6 only had one rear mg15 that is what I recall

Maybe converted from A5s, instead from A4s.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Bring it.

In CloD, please!

7 hours ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

Back onto the topic of the Ju-88 C-6, has anyone mentioned Schräge Musik?

See the source image

See the source image

The older version of Il-2, I’ll-2 1946 had Scharge Music in its modded up version in the Bf-110 along with a very useful tilted gunsight.It was/is a wonder to use against the new variety of 4 engined British bombers ( The Halifax & Lancaster are really quite good..) I’m not sure if the Ju-88 night fighter aircraft in the game is equipped with upward firing guns as well-its been a while since I play/flew the game.If I have time I will check.Both in the war & in the sim the installation was particularly effective in destroying large aircraft flying on a fairly straight & level flight path at night.I’m guessing it would be less so in this sim where the “mediums “ have AI FM’s that allow them to behave a bit more...um...unpredictabily...

It probably has no real connection on what developers will do here in the next year or so.

21 hours ago, lucky721 said:

I went looking for information and it seems to be that many of the C-6's had the same rear defensive armament as the A-4 that they were based on. That is, two MG81 firing aft and the MG81Z firing aft in the ventral position. It seems that some may have had a MG131 modified in that top rear position but I'm kind of thinking we won't get that.

I hope the developers are open to suggestions on a engine modifications to turn a C-6a into a R-2 variant.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:14 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

I went looking for information and it seems to be that many of the C-6's had the same rear defensive armament as the A-4 that they were based on. That is, two MG81 firing aft and the MG81Z firing aft in the ventral position. It seems that some may have had a MG131 modified in that top rear position but I'm kind of thinking we won't get that.

The standard armament was the same for the gunner as the A4 in the radio/gunner position but they omitted the ventral gunner as thats were they placed two MG FF's. 

Edited by Mebble
  • Like 1