J5_Baeumer

World War One Aviation - what we know

This is a amazing video series produced by the Boeing Museum of Flight in Seattle Washington.   The videos are from a symposium of respected WWI historians who share what we know, and what we are still learning about the war in the air 1914-1918.

For those of you who can ever arrange to visit the museum, it is a must see.  

Thank you to @1PL-Husar for bringing the video series to light in another thread.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
added credit
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for giving another reason to go there as a Christmas present to me.

I too heartily recommend if you live anywhere near Seattle or are planning a trip there, to visit the Boeing Museum.  It is amazing and has a very comprehensive WWI collection, second only to (in my experience) the US Air Force Museum in Dayton OH.

Thanks for posting this video.

Nice! Now I would also like to have the ability to operate the magnetos, so you can use "half" power!

2 hours ago, SYN_Vander said:

Nice! Now I would also like to have the ability to operate the magnetos, so you can use "half" power!

I haven't watched the video yet but isn't the half power thing refering to engines other than the 130hp? For example the 160 like we have in the RoF N28.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I haven't watched the video yet but isn't the half power thing refering to engines other than the 130hp? For example the 160 like we have in the RoF N28.

Could very well be, as the magneto switch is different.

An excellent video well worth reposting.  I wish it was somehow embedded in FC. New players could be encouraged to watch it before posting.

Spoiler

1673620660_Eyeswired.thumb.JPG.a7e3a9450883bddf4ee6cae8c098f860.JPG