343KKT_Kintaro

Easter egg? Soap bubbles in my carburettor?

Hey you people! I think I got an Easter Egg in my "Great Battles" game last evening!

I was landed, on the ground, being still... on board my 109 K4. I started my engine and inclined my TrackIR down to the left-hand side out of the cockpit so that I could admire the fire of my exhaust pipes… but when starting the engine no flames were produced!!! A bunch of soap bubbles spread out of my pipes instead !!! that was so funny !!! At first I thought it's a bug… but now I think it's an Easter egg...

• Haha 3

Could be a historically accurate modeling of a late war super secret fuel.  If only the Germans had a bit more time to perfect the technology, but Hitler delayed its progress when he ordered it to be used as a psych ops weapon:  Me109s would fly over enemy troops who would be so busy playing with the soap bubbles that they would forget to shoot.  Unfortunately, the requisite quantity of bubbles cold never be produced and this promising technology was doomed.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Remember to rinse your war machines after giving them a scrub

Good luck with that, I have enough trouble just getting my P-47 to get in the bath, mush less give it a rinse.

• Haha 1

I just washed my 109 and I can't do a thing with it.*

*older flyers like myself might get the reference.

• Haha 1

I can't stop laughing dudes, thank you for your humour.

And, again, I'm serious, I swear it's true: plenty of soap bubbles, some of them as big as melons, suddenly popping out of my exhaust pipes!!! LOL!!!!

I'm confused, which one is the Easter Egg again?... the soap bubbles or the 109k with a carburetor? bf109Karburetor, the final response to the roaming P51s...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Unfortunately, the requisite quantity of bubbles cold never be produced and this promising technology was doomed.

This was especially bad since they had 1'600 dispenser aircraft ready. You know, the awesome ones. But now we know why they were never unleashed upon the unprepared enemy to break him and see him driven before them, hearing the lamentations of their commanders. But 1'600 those unicorns were indeed just waiting for bubbles.

Sounds to me like some placeholder particle textures might have snuck into the release build😁

3 hours ago, kissklas said:

Sounds to me like some placeholder particle textures might have snuck into the release build😁

I wonder if it's some additional engine fire effects... 

The current engine fire modeling is amazing.  I'm still at awe when I get to see the following effect:  1) shoot the enemy's engine  2) the engine briefly gets engulfed in a fire ball  3) fire ball disappears  4) you could see the fuel vapors changing the refraction of the air  5) the engine gets set on fire fully.. 

every time:  niiiicee..

15 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

I can't stop laughing dudes, thank you for your humour.

And, again, I'm serious, I swear it's true: plenty of soap bubbles, some of them as big as melons, suddenly popping out of my exhaust pipes!!! LOL!!!!

Can you reproduce it and make a video? I for one would be interested in seeing this phenomenon. 😏

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Soilworker said:

Can you reproduce it and make a video? I for one would be interested in seeing this phenomenon. 😏

Obviously, I tried to make it again, with the very same settings. The conditions in which this happened may not be a pre-requirement to get back the Easter egg. Anyway, the exact settings were the following:

1. Main menu: Quick mission

2. Map: Rheninland, Summer 1944

3. Airfield: Essen-Mülheim (click on the nearby solo mission)

4. Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109 K4

5. Realism: Expert

6. Altitude: Parked

7. Time: 20:30

8. Wind: 2 m/s

9. Turbulence: 1 m/s

10. Weather: average

11. Clouds level: 2000 m

12. Enabled grounds targets: AAA, Vehicles

13. Fuel: 100%

14. Weapons settings: "DB 605 DC Engine" enabled

15. Converge: 400 m

16. Default Painscheme

And that's all. I tried to reproduce the same phenomenon by means of the very same settings… but it's not working.

A random Easter egg… most likely.

Cheerio!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Ok, guys, I no longer insist…

I will always believe!

If they can do bubbles out of the engine exhaust, I want rainbows contrails when flaps are deployed.

8 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Ok, guys, I no longer insist…

I believe you, i've flown Dora in QMB, got on P51's six, pressed the trigger and confetti burst from cannons.

Here's the evidence:

Next flight i've got party blower from exhaust pipes:

once i saw people with tentacles in the back in the head with some kind of sexual organs in tv

i had to look away

i believe you