Okay. A bit of imagination then? Not entirely historical!!

It's a great project, I must admit! Keep it up and leave it to me, I SHALL supply a Strange Stuka!!

• Thanks 1

Brilliant!

So, a 'G' in the numbering then on this here birdie?

On 4/2/2020 at 11:53 PM, Raptorattacker said:

I've been SO busy doing request skins these last couple of days I feel I should indulge meself in the P-51 mission...

... aaaaannnnnnnd YES!! It's a ripping yarn!! I didn't realise I could rearm and refuel though, otherwise I could've actually succeeded. Shot down 5 of the buggers though before running out of pretty much everything!

@meplanes1969If you find any and want one done (late war Stukas, that is), just shout out mate. The LEAST I could do!

What? You can rearm in the P51 mission? I did not know :S

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Zeev said:

What? You can rearm in the P51 mission?

Yeah. After the initial onslaught I was low on ammo and had a few holes so I thought I'd land and see what the score was. If you come in the same direction you took off (I can't remember which it was) the service area is on your LEFT about halfway down the runway and over a bit.... that said, I DID all that and then didn't get to the patrol point to meet the others quick enough so I STILL didn't get a 'Succeeded'!!

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Yeah. After the initial onslaught I was low on ammo and had a few holes so I thought I'd land and see what the score was. If you come in the same direction you took off (I can't remember which it was) the service area is on your LEFT about halfway down the runway and over a bit.... that said, I DID all that and then didn't get to the patrol point to meet the others quick enough so I STILL didn't get a 'Succeeded'!!

OK thanks. The fun factor is much important than "success" I believe. I will try it myself the next time I play the mission (on my first attempt my engine was damaged and I crash landed).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zeev said:

The fun factor is much important than "success" I believe.

That my friend hits the nail on the head!!

:good:

• Thanks 1

You can get the skin HERE or HERE... at the bottom of the page (so far!). There's both the censored AND the uncensored versions in the zip, by the way.

Is it possible to change weapons in the A-20 mission? I would like to use torpedoes, the default bombs are much harder to hit the ships 😕

10 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

I do not think we have torpedoes in great battles yet,it would be great if we did

Yes my bad, you are right.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if I counted them right, may be I forgot one or two, but we're talking here about 80 different downloads, some with multiple missions...almost 600 mb of stuff  !! That's an incredible amount of work... I just finished downloading everything... thanks @meplanes1969

Edited by Beurling
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

the Stuka is my great love as a plane,but it has its limits in this sim ( as it the most hardest plane to master )

But at least your has got a nice (but toothy) smile on it's face!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

i am not a big fan of the career mode yet as I feel it lacks enough type of missions,something which I feel will change in time,it’s just a matter of choice for most people, everyone likes different things,or different things at different times,also a lot more people are playing MP now which is a good thing.

the devs are outstanding in their work,they are not Microsoft,and do not have the resources,or the manpower to do everything we want.

You are right; they do what they can with the resources that they have and they do a great job, but Career mode does not seem to be their ultimate priority presently. It may change eventually; more diversity as far as mission types are concerned would be great. A few bugs also need to be addressed... But still, this is a great sim and thanks to guys like you, more options are available for those who enjoy SP. Scripted missions and campaigns are cool. When BoBP was released, scripted missions were totally absent, I was a bit disappointed, and no scripted campaign for that theater has been released yet by the devs (although some are apparently in the work and there are fine third party missions and campaigns). May be this will also change in the future. Anyway, thanks again for your work !! It is sincerely appreciated.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

april 21st red baron.zip 518.97 kB · 17 downloads

you must have flying circus to fly this mission,dive on the red tri plane flown by von richthofen himself,or was he shot down by groundfire who knows?

you fly as Arthur roy brown in your sopwith camel

I' m Canadian, I would then like to believe that Brown shot him down, but as you certainly know many experts agree that he was brought down by ground fire from the Australians. But as you say, who really knows ?? ...Thanks for the mission

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 9:24 PM, meplanes1969 said:

After 4 weeks of non flying due to staying at home in a place without computer and without my flight gear, I tried this nice mission.  Was very intense. Thanks meplanes1969. However my original sound track was corrupted. I will have to relearn flying and the handling of correct recording with OBS and VR. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, meplanes1969 said:

operation Eiche.zip 292.48 kB · 19 downloads

61FDF051-F484-4876-8848-0FD888277CFB.jpeg

The rescue of Mussolini on 12th September 1943 from the hotel campo

Thank you very much for this immersive experience. I will refly the mission for sure. Just see my first attempts in the video. 😱 😖😰😕😨😱

Thanks as well for the new series of WWI Flying Circus missions.

Downloaded all and looking forward to fly them.

But due to time and other constraints I can only fly 2 - 3 per week.

All your missions keep me busy for a very long time.

Thanks a lot and have a nice time reading your inspirational books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meplanes1969 said:

you can strafe the barges but defend the bombers first,fun little mission

I think I'll alert Pilot Oblt. Albert Ross for this little mission then?!!

They really are great fun, aren't they? The funny thing is when you go back to WW2 planes, especially the later ones. The mindset takes a second to adapt to the speed change!!

Well, I've an absolute TON of skins to do but rest assured, I'll give them a look at some point in the near future...

Rap

• Thanks 1

I've seen it. I saw it years ago. Malcolm McDowell is/was one of my fave actors, ever since 'A Clockwork Orange' (which is also a good book!!).

4 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

many thanks,I should be a long time before I get this mission pack finished,I want to finish all the missions first,the two main charactors of the book,Gresham and Croft,

chapter one just finished,watch the film if you get a chance,it’s really good

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.
  • Like 1

This time I landed near the hotel and picked up Mussolini, however I had to send him back to the hotel... I got captured and hopefully brought to the same hotel as POW... 😠

When I am able to flee, I will try again... Not before 2022 however... 😏🤣

• Haha 2

Yes, I think a Fieseler Storch in this terrain would be nice to fly (like a U2)...

But we don't have it (yet) in IL-2 and so your choice of a Ju87 was just fine.

I was just an untrained pilot for the Stuka...

Where did you land and start? On the road nearby or near the hotel?

BTW, the hotel Campo was on the hilltop in the ski resort.

Here is the original photo from 1943:

286622063_Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-567-1503B-06_Gran_Sasso_Hotel_Campo_Imperatore.jpg.d3ce592b56102a15a99f1c47da40e6cc.jpg

Copyright: Von Bundesarchiv, Bild 101I-567-1503B-06 / Toni Schneiders / CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5412673

Your selection of the building was just fine.

It's all about immersion in flying IL-2 and you created it with a lot of background knowledge.

Thanks for that.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your hard work.  I have enjoyed the missions but am frequently lost if I don't have someone to follow.

Howdy folks! I have a unique problem. The quick missions works absolutely brilliantly for tanks but they doesn't work for planes what so ever. The quick mission don't let me to choose any plane but tanks on every map. And because plane not chosen obviously I can't fly!

On 4/30/2020 at 5:40 PM, meplanes1969 said:

job at the museum.zip 389.66 kB · 17 downloads

you need raptoattacker skin u2vs_barnfind found on his skins page,also you may need flying circus as some of the objects are from that,this is just a fun mission you take off and land.

its about a pilot who gets a job after the war for an essentric Frenchman who is to open up a museum ,he wants you to fly and charge quests to give them a spin around his crazy airfield with all sorts of things in his collection

Thanks for this mission you created. I had a lot of fun.

However I didn't fly an excentric Frenchman, but the Widow Clycol instead, "Veuve Cliquole" being the rich widow.

Here is my report:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I got the contract finally. She was very pleased with my talents in the air and on the ground. 😉

Here is my own interpretation of the first mission "stuka hawks squadron": Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a little extra time last weekend, so I flew the second mission of the Hawk septilogy... Editing was more time consuming than flying... 😉😱😨

• Thanks 1

Here is my report of the 3rd mission of the "Hawk Sqadron of Death".

It is just a short Video of 4:25 minutes.

You all know how a Ju87 Stuka looks like on a long flight home and lands on the airfield.

Have fun.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FlyNavy_BeeKayVR said:

Here is my report of the 3rd mission of the "Hawk Sqadron of Death".

Ha! Ha! I think you MAY have hit it!!

:popcorm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're right. I dropped the bomb a bit short.

Huge Runway damage was all I caused.

I made a shallow dive attack, not opening the floor hatch to run a proper level attack. My bad.

Anyhow I love to fly these short missions. Very immersive and relaxing. 

I'm more of a flying storyteller and not a bomber pilot or a dogfighter. 🥂😉

We all love them and the dedication you put in

• Haha 1

for this mission the airfield has been bombed a few minutes earlier, you are to go in and bomb as second wave,fokkers should be escapeing the smouldering airfield

NVIDIA SSAA.zip

here is a handy tool,lights the effects up,set mine to 2x

DAC8B233-067D-4802-9CF2-D36D3060E6C5.jpeg

4343C678-3CD0-4084-BE60-94387C69D38E.jpeg

it seems the more you put it the more it lights up your effects,these last pics were 4x,I prefer set at 2x

its up to you if it effects your game or you do not like it you can turn it off,it will not damage your game,but use at your own risk,it was ok for me,handy tool you can turn on and off easy

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

warning this tool set on does effect frame rates ,so only turn it on when you want the effect for night time missions

Looks great in those screenshots though MP!!