LukeFF

VKB Gunfighter III has been announced

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=37914&sid=b9a5f6c216a9e3681614ea441185d684#p37914

1 – Remodelled soft silicone dust cover.
- Authentic military aircraft looks.
- Complete dust and particles protection for the base internals.
- Minimized parasitic load in extreme grip positions.
New dust cover called for a new joystick upper plate and cover ring.
2 - Enhanced electronics.
- Dedicated 32-bit MCU (micro controller unit) for each of X and Y axes. (previous models had one MCU for both X and Y).
Such enhancement allows for extra high update rate and data processing speed without having to share the computing resources between different axes.
This demands some explanation. In fact, one MCU was already plenty enough.
Then why bringing the second one in?
The answer is as simple as it is proud: because we can!
No one in real life would use all horsepowers and N/ms of torque. Still, the more muscular the car is, the more potential it has for handling unexpected road situations. Using the second MCU means double-turbo-charging the fiery motor of your air- or spacecraft.
We want you to be armed for literally everything.
See it for yourself: a GF3 + MCGPro + Blackbox makes a lightning-fast network system with 5 - five - agile MCUs in it!
E for Efficiency. R for Reliability. P for Power. S for Speed. M for Modularity. Learn the new alphabet with us!
3 - All internal modules are fully digital now.
- Taking the number of cables and connectors to their historical minimum: one 3-line, and one 4-line. After all, everyone knows that electronics is all about contacts. Fewer contacts - lower fault rate. You win!
4 - Updated casing for new internals.
- An LED on the front side indicates correct functioning of all digital modules.
5 - HOSAS is a new standard brought in by space sims.
- The main PCB of the new GF3 sports a jumper. Plugging it in different ways you may alter the identification of the base.
In simple words, the BlackBox will now see the difference betwen the left and right hand GFs. This is made to enable plugging more than one GF into the same BlackBox. (this function is in development and will be fully implemented in future through FW updates). Jumper is there for compatibility with future versions of the firm- and hardware.
6 - New cams.
- Linear cams for space sims with soft center
- Linear cams for space sims with hard center
- Revised aviation cams with progressive load with soft center
- Revised aviation cams with progressive load with hard center.
Moreover, we went on and developed a new technology for making cams.
Previous generations of cams were made of steel and had to be chromium-plated for rust protection. New cams are made of special hardened aluminum alloy - extra firm, extra light, extra durable. Moreover, rust-free for eternity.
7 - New springs.
- Spring replacement takes seconds!
New cams called for new springs.
We designed and produced a special spring replacing tool (included in all kits).

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ohh crap...

Good thing I sold my 1080 Ti a few weeks ago.

Edited by dburne

Could not resist.

Gunfighter Mk III Pro L with MCG Pro grip has been ordered. Modern Combat Edition.

:joy:

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dburne said:

Upgrade options are listed on the VKB Announcement.

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3920

Yep, I've gone ahead and ordered the Gunfighter Upgrade Kit. I was going to just order the upgraded cams, but an improved dust cover assembly was too good to pass up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Yep, I've gone ahead and ordered the Gunfighter Upgrade Kit. I was going to just order the upgraded cams, but an improved dust cover assembly was too good to pass up.

:good:

I'm considering a purchase to replace my trusty CH Products Fighterstick.  I like the idea of the Pro-L but wonder how to mount it?  It seems a too short for floor mounting, but too long for a desk mount such as the MonsterTech.  Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, jarg1 said:

I'm considering a purchase to replace my trusty CH Products Fighterstick.  I like the idea of the Pro-L but wonder how to mount it?  It seems a too short for floor mounting, but too long for a desk mount such as the MonsterTech.  Any thoughts?

Monster Tech has an extended mount for sticks with extensions.

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount-long/

You would need to specify in selection a Gunfighter mounting plate.

I use one with my Gunfighter Pro Mk I w/200mm extension and it works beautifully.

I also have one of their standard mounts I use with the Warthog Throttle. Great mounts.

Edited by dburne

15 hours ago, dburne said:

Monster Tech has an extended mount for sticks with extensions.

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount-long/

You would need to specify in selection a Gunfighter mounting plate.

I use one with my Gunfighter Pro Mk I w/200mm extension and it works beautifully.

I also have one of their standard mounts I use with the Warthog Throttle. Great mounts.

Perfect, thanks much for the pointer. 

18 hours ago, jarg1 said:

Or you could wait few more days for VKB to release their modular mounting system, the UCM: 

Hate the fact that those are always items "out of stock". So basically throwing your money in the wind, hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, fallout9 said:

Or you could wait few more days for VKB to release their modular mounting system, the UCM: 

A few more days?

VKB days and our days are not quite the same.

;)

I have been waiting for more info on that throttle that was announced about a year and a half ago as about ready to enter production .

Edited by dburne

1 hour ago, dburne said:

A few more days?

VKB days and our days are not quite the same.

;)

I have been waiting for more info on that throttle that was announced about a year and a half ago as about ready to enter production .

VKB reps have stated the UCM is coming out shortly after the twist and GFIII updates. I'd hold my breath :)

Pretty pumped about this but they have always had limited quantities. But it's good to see VKB and Virpil duking it out, competition is good!

Nope. VKB KG-12A gip in metal with diamond texture was "put on hold indefinitely".

VKB Stronghold deskmount was announced, in two versions:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3945

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/uploads/monthly_2019_12/image.png.c4f54e5574c41d836b8f81291faa15a2.png

Edited by Sokol1

1 hour ago, Sokol1 said:

Nope. VKB KG-12A gip in metal with diamond texture was "put on hold indefinitely".

VKB Stronghold deskmount was announced, in two versions:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3945

I'd honestly take one with in molded textured plastic like the prototype (or even the MCG), let alone with a properly fitted rubber sleeve (which is what I think Baur does?).

Got tracking number for my Gunfighter Mk III L. 

Good times a coming.

:joy:

13 hours ago, von_Michelstamm said:

I'd honestly take one with in molded textured plastic like the prototype (or even the MCG), let alone with a properly fitted rubber sleeve (which is what I think Baur does?).

KG-12A grip for Gladiator "vanilla" never has planed to have diamond checkered surface, BKB say that this require more expensive molds, increasing the production cost, what don't fit in the "entry level" purpose of Gladiator "vanilla". This prototype you say is from the (canceled) metal version, a different grip.

Some Russian Guys add a diamond checkered cover in their Gladiator using material for shoe repair, but in a laborious way, warming mold.

Baur KG-12A grip has checkered surface in mold, like Cheb2006 version.

Years ago in SimHQ a guy (V101_MMaister) add a diamond checkered surface in a metal cast KG-13B, but don't reveal the "secret".

My Mk.III arrived yesterday.   It looks great but I'm waiting for my new Monster Tech desk mount to arrive before trying it out.  I am completely replacing my CH Products setup with a Thrustmaster TPR and a pair of Logitech G Pro Flight Quadrants.  I'm keeping my Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Trim Wheel.

Edited by jarg1

Ugh just checked tracking on DHL, it was originally scheduled for delivery Thursday, but now shows delivery was attempted today and no one was home. We were home at the time it shows.

Great - guess VKB is sending them signature required. Well I know it won't be tomorrow, maybe Thursday...

Got my upgrade kit today. The instructional video VKB posted on YouTube was a big help and made the process very easy. It's nice having a rubber boot now that properly seals around the opening at the bottom of the stick.

• Like 1

Congrats!

My Mk III Pro L should be here either today or tomorrow hopefully.

Still no Gunfighter - no more activity in DHL tracking since Tues when they supposedly tried to deliver and I was home.

Getting a bad feeling.

6 hours ago, dburne said:

Still no Gunfighter - no more activity in DHL tracking since Tues when they supposedly tried to deliver and I was home.

Getting a bad feeling.

I recently had a similar issue with DHL.  They are probably struggling with holiday deliveries.  I contacted them via email and a rep. was able to get the shipment moving again.

7 hours ago, jarg1 said:

I recently had a similar issue with DHL.  They are probably struggling with holiday deliveries.  I contacted them via email and a rep. was able to get the shipment moving again.

Thanks.

I found a way to contact them on their website yesterday afternoon along with my email address, hopefully I hear something soon.

Trying to stay positive- maybe I will get early in the week.

Finally one week after the initial delivery attempt my shiny new Gunfighter MK III Pro L is here!

:dance:

98TKX2w.jpg

I will write up a brief review and comparison with my MK I Gunfighter Pro in a few days.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Ok finally took some time this morning and got my brand spanking new Gunfighter MK III Pro L MCG Pro all set up.
I will write a brief review with pics in another thread here in a couple of days, after I have time to spend a few hours with it in my flight sims.

So far I will only say - WOW I am impressed! What a work of art, and this coming from a Mk I.
Penty of springs, lots of hardware, and probably most important - thank you VKB for including a spring pull tool! Works a champ and very easy, I used to swap out the stock springs with a #50 on each axis, and it was so easy!

Got it all set up, loaded up latest version of the software - all buttons axis worked as should , calibrated. Then I loaded a profile I had saved from the Mk I as I had some custom button actions, and it is now operating as I prefer with those assignments.

And probably most importantly - both my flight sims saw it as the same device as my Mk I and I do not have to re-assign any controls at all. Yipee!

Going to give a good workout and see if I want to change any cams or add any more springs. Running the Avia Soft center cams that were already installed, and now 1 ea #50 spring on each axis. Will advise when I do get the review posted.

Edited by dburne