Sign in to follow this  
J5_Rumey

The last Jasta 5 (4k)

Sources: "Jagdstaffel 5 Volume Two" and "Green tails until the end… Windsock International Vol.21 No4" by GK Merrill There are several colour profiles and photos in the above references witch I have tried to follow.

Böhm (alb) Personal marking white letter B in red band green tail with red piping.

Alfred Leicht (Fok) Personal marking white letter L in red green band green tails with red piping.

Josef Mai (OAW) (some details not standard OAW, possible replacements?) Personal marking white and black stripes on fuselage and elevator. 

Otto Schmidt (OAW) (Some info on this is unclear but definitely OAW) Personal marking black/white band green tail section. White bands top and bottom wing

Friederich Vollbracht (Fok) Personal marking yellow lightning bolt on green fuselage. Tail with red piping.

Added few examples to post. Let me know if you find any bugs!

EDIT: Removed skinpack for now need to make a lot of fixes

1928605700_Bhm.thumb.jpg.4a2166fb13f2fd13a21c8b789af2e4b4.jpg

Leicht.jpg

Mai.jpg

schmidt.jpg

vollbracht.jpg

Edited by J5_Rumey
  • Like 12

And a lozenge that is actually correct!!

I think that sooner or later, we will need some "squadron skins" topic with complete sqn packs to download. Downloading as I type!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adam said:

And a lozenge that is actually correct!!

My mistake... 4 FC style blue and gold 4 colour lozenge and ONE correct 5 colour lozenge.

8 hours ago, J5_Rumey said:

Sources: "Jagdstaffel 5 Volume Two" and "Green tails until the end… Windsock International Vol.21 No4" by GK Merrill There are several colour profiles and photos in the above references witch I have tried to follow.

Böhm (alb) Personal marking white letter B in red band green tail with red piping.

Alfred Leicht (Fok) Personal marking white letter L in red green band green tails with red piping.

Josef Mai (OAW) (some details not standard OAW, possible replacements?) Personal marking white and black stripes on fuselage and elevator. 

Otto Schmidt (OAW) (Some info on this is unclear but definitely OAW) Personal marking black/white band green tail section. White bands top and bottom wing

Friederich Vollbracht (Fok) Personal marking yellow lightning bolt on green fuselage. Tail with red piping.

Added few examples to post. Let me know if you find any bugs!

Jasta_5_FD7_skinpack.rar

schmidt.jpg

vollbracht.jpg

Hey Rumey,

The artwork doesn't look very 4K. The edges are quite blurred...not sharp at all. Might need to remake the art work at a higher resolution. Specifically the "B"on the Bohm plane and the band on the Schmitt plane

Edited by Adam
Specifics

Might have gone way to far with some of the blur on this also using some older parts. Work in progress, will have to update it as I go. Thanks for the feedback. What about the wings, thought 4 tone would be correct for albatros and fokker made dvii. Did not use FC standard though and thinking of maybe borrowing the lozenge from the ones made after aviatic transfers for models. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, J5_Rumey said:

Might have gone way to far with some of the blur on this also using some older parts. Work in progress, will have to update it as I go. Thanks for the feedback. What about the wings, thought 4 tone would be correct for albatros and fokker made dvii. Did not use FC standard though and thinking of maybe borrowing the lozenge from the ones made after aviatic transfers for models. 

I have a 4 colour you can use and tweek. It's based on what they used on the EV/DVIII  at the Vintage Aviator Museum in New Zeland

• Like 1

Hey Rumey.......Trade ya........Case of GRAPE for the skins. 🧐 ...just because you took them down before i could get them

Edited by J5_Sturm
add sentence

I can send you an unzipped d/load, I got them earlier but cant find the DDS files to add them to. PM me your email.  Salute

Have another look at the red noses as well - AFAIK the red wouldn't have extended as far back as the pilot seat (meaning the rear upward panel which the guns sits over would have been left unpainted) depending on which sources / colour plates you look at, and the shade of red itself has come out quite pink. 

If it's any help, I used the following HTML colours for skins I've worked on: 

Jasta 11 nose - 7d2020
USAS 1st Flight Nose - 821616

I've also seen examples which show Vollbracht's 'zigzag' having more 'peaks' or 'points' (6), but can't speak on how accurate that is. 

514INHTnVRL.jpg

lld32017_02_large.jpeg?v=1444254606

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Like 1

Thank you will take a look at this as well! Some marking I managed to double as well :o: but expect a much updated version soon!

Letting J5 test much improved versions now. Thank you Adam for the 4 tone, looks great. If you gents downloaded other, delete as it quite frankly was not good and rushed. Now all is sharp and lots of fixes in place. If none of the gents find any more errors I will make this available again asap.

Edited by J5_Rumey

On 12/10/2019 at 9:50 PM, J5_Rumey said:

Thank you will take a look at this as well! Some marking I managed to double as well :o: but expect a much updated version soon!

Letting J5 test much improved versions now. Thank you Adam for the 4 tone, looks great. If you gents downloaded other, delete as it quite frankly was not good and rushed. Now all is sharp and lots of fixes in place. If none of the gents find any more errors I will make this available again asap.

Thanks Rumey. I like the treatment you gave to the 4 colour. No filters?