Sign in to follow this  
Voidhunger

Me262 and Jumo 004B engines damage model

I was returning to Achmer after attack on B25 and after returning to airfield my both engines quited.

In recorded track one engine quited in diving to airfield and the second while turning close to airfield.

Throttle was almost full at 8000 rpm and I didnt reduced it. Also in recorded track I have noticed that my left fuel tank lost some fuel.

In the attack I took some hits to the left wing and engine, but there was no fuel leak visible.

I restarted both engines without trouble.

So Is it possible to have fuel leak not visible behind you plane and what was the cause my both engines quited?

Is there a progressive damage to Jumo engines like in prop engines? but I restarted them without trouble to full rpm.

2621.jpg

2622.jpg

2623.jpg

8 hours ago, TheTacticalCat said:

Did you have the fuel regulator equipped? It might (extreme speculation) have something to do with that?

No i dont use it

just sounds to me like you throttle down to quickly during your landing and stalled the engines

14 minutes ago, Asgar said:

just sounds to me like you throttle down to quickly during your landing and stalled the engines

I dint touch the throttle lever

7 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

I dint touch the throttle lever

Just out of curiosity, what brand of flight controls do you use?

16 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Just out of curiosity, what brand of flight controls do you use?

Thrustmaster joystick and hotas

Are you experiencing any spiking potentiometer issues?

I had CH gear before that would spike and cause the throttle to be erratic and sometimes cause flame outs. Once I swapped over to a Virpil Mongoose throttle , I have experienced perfect engine reliability and control. Just a thought. :)

1 hour ago, bzc3lk said:

Are you experiencing any spiking potentiometer issues?

I had CH gear before that would spike and cause the throttle to be erratic and sometimes cause flame outs. Once I swapped over to a Virpil Mongoose throttle , I have experienced perfect engine reliability and control. Just a thought. :)

no , no problems just this one. If this was throttle problem i would expect to loose both engines at once.

if I read the screenshots correctly the RPMs were at 8700? i.e. 100% throttle. There is a 15 minute time limit at that setting and you see that the engine temp was hitting the max of 650 celsius. You might have just blown the engine by keeping them at max for too long.

I just did a practice 1 hour navigation flight with the ME-262 a few days ago with no issues. Personally, out of combat, I keep RPM at 8000-8200 and engine temps at around 600 celsius.

Edited by Sgt_Joch

39 minutes ago, Sgt_Joch said:

if I read the screenshots correctly the RPMs were at 8700? i.e. 100% throttle. There is a 15 minute time limit at that setting and you see that the engine temp was hitting the max of 650 celsius. You might have just blown the engine by keeping them at max for too long.

I just did a practice 1 hour navigation flight with the ME-262 a few days ago with no issues. Personally, out of combat, I keep RPM at 8000-8200 and engine temps at around 600 celsius.

Hmm maybe , i will try to exceed 15min time limit to see if it will be the same. I thought that after 15 minut they will start to burn.

In real jumos as I understand it. The metal inside will be overheated and most likely deform. If fuel is not shut off they would start to burn. 
At least that is my understanding. You would not be able to restart. Life span of one engine was only 10 hours in average. With major inaccuracies in other engines in this game I believe this is a make due solution that we will have to live with. I find the 262 very interesting to fly and very well simulated

I had the same problem. The engines stall when you turn at low speed.

I think it might have something to do with the airflow into the engine. When you do wider turns it usually helps

Edited by =EXPEND=13SchwarzeHand

7 minutes ago, =EXPEND=13SchwarzeHand said:

I think it might have something to do with the airflow into the engine. When you do wider turns it usually helps

That would be "compressor stall" : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressor_stall

1 hour ago, =EXPEND=13SchwarzeHand said:

One engine stalled in high speed dive (iirc 850-900km/h) and the second one in aprox. 650km/h turn. I had the same problem next day, when both engine stalled after mid-speed turn to Achmer.

In both occasions I was returning slightly damaged by bombers.

Engines restarted without problem

Edited by Voidhunger