Varibraun

A Decade Later – 1st Post with Many Thanks! (and a community recommended reading list)

Thank you for the generous gift.  I just watched a documentary on the Battle of Stalingrad, and now I'm ready to play a career in BOS.  :salute:

Edited by vipe155

Well that was a very nice email to wake up to this morning, thank you so much Varibraun, I look forward to getting back into the La5FN which was always my favoured aircraft in the IL2 1946 series 😄

Edited by Dano

A quick flight later and I now remember why I've been having to be so timid with the MiG-3 😄

Varibraun,

Thanks so much for your kind gift! What a pleasant surprise to find in my e-mail. 

Will be taking my Macchi C.202 out for a spin later today, my first Italian aircraft!

Varibraun,

Thank you for the gift of Kuban and your ingenuity of creating a new reading list for me and the community.

Cheers,

Flying Colander

I appreciate all the good reads posted here and everyone's warm response. 

Happy Holidays and thanks again for another year of very hard work from the entire development team!

• Upvote 3

Well done Varibraun!

I'm just posting to recommend 'The Hardest Day' by Alfred Price. It's the minute by minute account of one day,  18th August 1940, in the Battle of Britain.

Told in great detail from point of view of all participants, it reads like a thriller. The story of the low-level attack on Kenley by the Dorniers of 9th Staffel KG76 is particularly thrilling.