Announcing "HELL HAWKS OVER THE BULGE" an official, historical scripted campaign (P-47D)

9 hours ago, Gwoodby said:

How do you turn off the game radio calls to hear the ones in Hell Hawks.

Go to;

Settings

Key Mapping

Plane Controls

near the bottom...

Radio receiver volume decrease - LAlt + numberpad minus

Radio receiver volume increase - LAlt + numberpad plus

i mapped it to numberpad +/- cause I needed a single key in VR. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Gwoodby said:

I still do not hear any custom calls even after the volume is turned down though I no longer hear russian so I know it is turned down.  I will try again on my next mission.

?

The campaign hasn’t been released.

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Just released with new update.  Been looking forward to its release since first announced back in December.  On vacation right now back in a few days.  Be looking for comments.  This one looks epic.  Thanks Gambit21 for your hard work, may there be future campaigns.:)

Just tried the 1st mission. Different league to anything I've played on here already.  Without giving anything away, The custom callouts, even on this 1st introductory mission are 'excellent' and together with life in the skies and on the airfield, brings the immersion to all new heights (pardon the pun). This is going to be a stellar playthru, I just know it :)

• 1CGS

Guys,

I posted an "Official" thread in the General Discussion area as we usually do, but you are welcome to post here as well. I just want to give it more visibility for those that don't look in this section.

Jason

• Thanks 1

Buy it right now. Best money I have spent on DLC for this game. This campaign perfectly encapsulates the awesomeness and potential of Il2. The mission feels so lively and authentic, the custom radio calls are a great touch. If you like ground attack you'll be in heaven. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree. Atmosphere is so important in a scripted campaign and this goes to show that custom radio calls are absolutely paramount and when done as good as this; it's an immersive heaven. The mission writing is great, well thought out and above and beyond all else to date but the call outs are just completely stellar.

Gambit has raised that bar to a great height. Long may he continue to deliver material this good.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
On 8/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, Jaegermeister said:

Go to;

Settings

Key Mapping

Plane Controls

near the bottom...

Radio receiver volume decrease - LAlt + numberpad minus

Radio receiver volume increase - LAlt + numberpad plus

i mapped it to numberpad +/- cause I needed a single key in VR. 

Is this the setting that increases/decreases the volume of the in-game chatter?  If yes, is there a maximum it can go to?

Thanks

von Tom

I started a play through series of videos on this campaign over at the AirWolves YouTube channel. I've only just started but I have to say that the custom radio calls are brilliant when it comes to adding immersion. I can't wait to see what comes next!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Really love the immersion and the brillant radio calls.

Even for some details just like encounter with bogeys that don't change the mission, it's really nice to have these calls.

I didn't had much time playing that campaign so far, but I really enjoy seeing Hell Hawks in the air!!!

Many thanks @Gambit21

• 1 month later...

Recently I purchased HELL HAWKS campaign on this store sight. It shows up in my account with key # included. Where in the world do I download it? I purchased BOS etc, including BOPp through Steam. I know its not a Steam product but for the life of me how do I download HHs? Thanks

Johndw52 

Thanks for your reply but in STEAM HHs show up in campaigns but is locked. When selected, it gives me the option to purchase it and I accept. I then click continue and nothing happens. I'm back at the same locked HHs screen.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again

Johndw52 

Edited by johndw52
highlight

I moved this post to General Discussions because of lack of activity on the HELL HAWKS CAMPAIGN. 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Recently I purchased HELL HAWKS campaign on this store sight. It shows up in my account with key # included. Where in the world do I download it? I purchased BOS etc, including BOPp through Steam. I know its not a Steam product but for the life of me how do I download HHs? Also when I select HHs in scripted campaigns within steam, It shows but is locked.  I try to purchase it but nothing happens. I'm  back at the same screen. Sorry if  it seems like a simple problem. Help

Johndw52 

Edited by johndw52
Highlight steam
9 minutes ago, johndw52 said:

I moved this post to General Discussions because of lack of activity on the HELL HAWKS CAMPAIGN. 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Recently I purchased HELL HAWKS campaign on this store sight. It shows up in my account with key # included. Where in the world do I download it? I purchased BOS etc, including BOPp through Steam. I know its not a Steam product but for the life of me how do I download HHs? Thanks

Johndw52 

There should be no need to download it. When you purchase DLC for Il2 you are basically just unlocking it. 

Check Scripted Campaigns from main menu

Edited by Herne

OK. I purchased the HHs from this website. How do I activate on steam. I clicked on the HHs campaign within STEAM and  nothing happens. I cant get past it. I remain at the campaign screen. Is this a STEAM problem? I can purchase ICE RING if I want to but no HHs.????  

Johndw52

On 10/31/2020 at 4:40 PM, DN308 said:

@Gambit21, is there a schedule concerning the update of the campaign? You told about putting some P47D22 along with D28.

It was a desire back then, but the reality now is that I don’t have time to go back and retrofit previous campaigns with new content, even if I did have the appropriate skin which I don’t. It would just be AI anyway since I can’t require ownership of Normandy ( for the D22/player)

The juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

I’m hard at work on other projects now so Hell Hawks is what it is, and now onwards to the next thing.

• 1 month later...

Gambit, as like before with Havoc of Kuban A-20 missions. You are the man and master. I'm back again to sing your praises like with the Havoc missions. Thank you again for these great campaigns. I'm only on the 4th mission, but everything has been amazing so far like before with the Havoc. Great work again as always. Great story, missions are always incredible as well. I can't wait to complete this one as well. "If Gambit makes it, I will buy it." words I now live by when it comes to campaigns from you.

• Like 1