Jump to content
Gambit21

Announcing "HELL HAWKS OVER THE BULGE" an official, historical scripted campaign (P-47D)

Recommended Posts

Waiting with CC in hand!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing your Havoc mission this will be a must buy for me and it looks like many others as well. I can't wait to get my hands on this one, I'm sure it'll be just as good if not better than the Havoc one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, LF_Tigre91 said:

I can't wait to play this

I cannot wait either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trailer almost done - wait till you see it. 

Good stuff/great work by Shamrock.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Trailer almost done - wait till you see it. 

Good stuff/great work by Shamrock.

Looking forward to this 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought that a few minutes ago, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

 

Thanks Gambit and everyone else in making this.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What's happening...!! :o:

 

My Credit Card is leaping out of my wallet for the second time today...!! First Tobruk and now this...! :tease:

 

 I'm an addict, aren't I...? :help:

Edited by Thaddeus_Darwin
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK hey good luck gambit great trailer looking forward to the pilots using those skins

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Will the P-47D-22 feature as a non-player-flown aircraft @Gambit21?

 

No because it wasn’t available when the campaign was built and I don’t have time to change aircraft and re-test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thaddeus_Darwin said:

What's happening...!! :o:

 

My Credit Card is leaping out of my wallet for the second time today...!! First Tobruk and now this...! :tease:

 

 I'm an addict, aren't I...? :help:

Flights sims are a hard habit tobruk. After this your wallet will no longer have a Bulge.

/it's a reach, I'll admit, but they can't all be winners.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

No because it wasn’t available when the campaign was built and I don’t have time to change aircraft and re-test.

 

That's a real shame but understandable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

 

That's a real shame but understandable!

 

Might add them later, would need a 365th D-22 skin added to the game. Skin pack courtesy of Bugsy is already submitted.

So would need to be included in the stock skin set.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official announcement about Hell Hawks on the forum will occur after I give Tobruk time to breathe. It was however announced in the Newsletter sent today.

 

Jason

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Numenor225 said:

Preordered!!! 😎

 

Me too! Thanks for your work Gambit! 

Looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok now my credit card can rest been jumping around, use me use me.  Desert Wings, and Hell Hawks.  Now the wait :good:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just purchased the campaign.  Looking forward to flying the “Jug”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preordered. How could it be not done. I was waiting for so long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this in the Tobruk e-mail and pre-ordered it along with Tobruk.  Haven't flown the P-47 yet but am looking forward to doing so in this great-looking campaign.  Thanks for doing all the hard work so we can have more fun :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

OK hey good luck gambit great trailer looking forward to the pilots using those skins

 

A huge part of this campaign Bugsy, I'm grateful for your efforts.

The skins are beautiful!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gambit21 I have already made the payment for the pre-purchase of this magnificent campaign! I am looking forward to flying officially. :)  
Thanks for your great historical work.
PS: will you have your own skins?

 

 

de1xaky-a9ce1f14-117f-456d-9f21-3f5ab4fa6d7f.thumb.jpg.8ddd7a20593856f3719c5683c760683c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bugsy made the skins - you’ll be able to download them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm new here and have a question for the author.
The campaigne should be historical. The 365th FG had its base from 25.12.1944 to 30.01.1945 outside the existing map (northern France: Metz, Alsace Lorraine, France-Strip Y34).

http://www.hellhawks.org/history.html

So the starts from the ground are fiction and not historical!

How does it work?

Thanks and best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For areas i know well on Rheinland i once started a historical happening. Airfields, canals, roads, canals, important towns missing; i even corrected the map at some points.

Alas heights you cannot edit in the ME ...

 

IMO as you see Il2 as a non historical game you can fake some, but Rheinland is just not suited for 'historical' events. But game fun for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LF_Tigre91 said:

those radio voices OMG 

 

really a welcomed change


I agree. Is there any ETA on the release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just preordered ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jollyjack said:

For areas i know well on Rheinland i once started a historical happening. Airfields, canals, roads, canals, important towns missing; i even corrected the map at some points.

Alas heights you cannot edit in the ME ...

 

IMO as you see Il2 as a non historical game you can fake some, but Rheinland is just not suited for 'historical' events. But game fun for sure.

... yes, entire places are missing (Xanten with the Gothic church, which served as a marker for the Allied bombers on the way to the "Reich"). But we all have fun flying, so the ground is not so important. And that's OK.
Back to "Bodenplatte". Other thunderbold-units that were stationed in the north of Belgium at the time would have been possible (for more historical reality).😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hien-0_1* said:

Hi,

I'm new here and have a question for the author.
The campaigne should be historical. The 365th FG had its base from 25.12.1944 to 30.01.1945 outside the existing map (northern France: Metz, Alsace Lorraine, France-Strip Y34).

http://www.hellhawks.org/history.html

So the starts from the ground are fiction and not historical!

How does it work?

Thanks and best regards

 

Thank you but I’m well aware of the unit history. 

The base was changed due to excessively long ingress/egress times from Chievres.

 

Early testers were not happy, so by the time I’d finished mission 3 it was apparent that I needed to stop and switch bases for playability sake.

This is a small matter and doesn’t impede your historical reality. Feel free to fly the QMB.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

 

Thank you but I’m well aware of the unit history. 

The base was changed due to excessively long ingress/egress times from Chievres.

 

Early testers were not happy, so by the time I’d finished mission 3 it was apparent that I needed to stop and switch bases for playability sake.

This is a small matter and doesn’t impede your historical reality. Feel free to fly the QMB.

Hi Gambit21,
thanks for the campaigne and your answer. I will fly it for sure!😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the voice innovation in this campaign will carry over into all BoX single-player products, including career. When we're flying with AI they should have unique voices, they should communicate frequently, and they should respond in believable ways (including "I'm going down!" if they have time to say it). This would require maybe 20-40 unique voices for each nation to keep things fresh and could probably be achieved free if the player base was interested in offering their voices. 

 

At present, we get one voice per nation, which is lame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sky_Wolf said:

At present, we get one voice per nation, which is lame. 

 

There are at least 8 voices for the US side in Battle of Bodenplatte. I know, I did one of them. I think it is 16 with American and British Commonwealth combined. The current radio transmission system is a legacy that came from a previous development team. There seems to be some difficulty in revising it, but I have no idea what that is. I do know that there are some ongoing issues with repeating radio calls and chopped transmissions that have been reported. Some have been fixed, others not so much.

 

Although I think Gambit21's radio calls are awesome for a scripted campaign, that system would not work for automated radio calls in a career, or actually any time when the action was not scripted. If you were familiar with the Play Media Translator MCU, you would know that the track or audio file has to be triggered by an event to play and the track is customized to the event that triggered it. I used the same system for ground controller radio transmissions in Lightning Strikes, but on a much more limited level.

 

I would also love to see the radio calls updated, but I don't think it's happening any time soon.

 

 

10 hours ago, Zeev said:


I agree. Is there any ETA on the release?

 

2 Weeks :tease:

Edited by Jaegermeister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you turn off the game radio calls to hear the ones in Hell Hawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gwoodby said:

How do you turn off the game radio calls to hear the ones in Hell Hawks.

there are some options in key mapping...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 7/31/2020 at 4:31 AM, jollyjack said:

 

IMO as you see Il2 as a non historical game you can fake some, but Rheinland is just not suited for 'historical' events. 

 

Sure it is.

It only requires a capable mission builder who’s smart enough to utilize the map to it's strengths.

Jaeger had no problems and neither did I. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...