vlad_8011

AI sees through vegetation

I was very suprised to see AI canons barrage throught dense bushes in second mission of Soviet campaign. It was second objective - i was going straight to it from first one, enemy cannons was covered by small forest, i was trying to get around it, and all "bushes started to punch my armor". 

50 minutes ago, vlad_8011 said:

I was very suprised to see AI canons barrage throught dense bushes in second mission of Soviet campaign. It was second objective - i was going straight to it from first one, enemy cannons was covered by small forest, i was trying to get around it, and all "bushes started to punch my armor". 

yep, nothing new

3 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

yep, nothing new

I really hope they can find a solution to this. Right now it's a dealbreaker with the AI.

• Upvote 7

yes I found the same problem on the German side, in the first mission, when you get to the bottom of the map on the right, you get shot through a thick forest by canons probably.. i cant see them ..    

Yep

It also makes mission design more difficult, since this must be taken into account when placing units, waypoints, etc.

I'm not sure there's a fix for it in the short term, as it has to do with the nature of the trees vs terrain in the game engine.

Basically you have to script the mission so that trees don't come into play when units can "see" each other/not blocked by the terrain itself...not easy.

• Like 1