Jump to content
Sublime

Very Frustrated with 1C Support

Recommended Posts

Usually theyve been great.

This last episode - they send me answers after I told them Im awful with computers. Like 'this file is wrong and not different than the original' but dont offer a solution.

theyre abrupt and short. Ive asked several questions with no answer.  Ive asked for help with things no answer

Further on the question of why my career mode doesnt work they have me focussed on my graphics card.  Though I have extremely strong evidence its not the case.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps try asking here instead? 

There is only so much time 1C/777 can devote to support, but you will usually find people on the forum willing to talk you through things. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read through the other thread you created. From what I can tell missions are stuck on loading ? is that the same for both career, and pwcg ? Is Career stalling at a similar point when you try and load a mission ?

 

If you use the steam client you can ask it to check the integrity of your game files, might be worth doing, if that fails as a last resort try just re-installing the game from scratch. 

If that fails, then the problem has to be either hardware, or drivers.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What DBS-Browning said. People here are very helpful as a rule.

Also the abrupt and short replies are possibly a result of translation and pressure of work getting the update out, use Google Translate and look at the Russian Forums, imho they can also provide some answers.

Salute

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Perhaps try asking here instead? 

There is only so much time 1C/777 can devote to support, but you will usually find people on the forum willing to talk you through things. 

I have

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

You are not providing any details here, is it just a venting post?

I posted in other forums. Bug reports and opened a couple other threads.

Ans contscted 1c. But yes this was a venting and opinion post of disappoijtment.

5 hours ago, ACG_Herne said:

Just read through the other thread you created. From what I can tell missions are stuck on loading ? is that the same for both career, and pwcg ? Is Career stalling at a similar point when you try and load a mission ?

 

If you use the steam client you can ask it to check the integrity of your game files, might be worth doing, if that fails as a last resort try just re-installing the game from scratch. 

If that fails, then the problem has to be either hardware, or drivers.

No steam

Missions work

Career mode gets stuck loading when you choose country flags dont appear.   I know almost certainly this isnt a graphics card issue but my logic wasnt even adressed (how would 1 copy work and another not? Same time same version? )  

PWGC aeperately crapped out the other day which frankly is a disaster for me.  

Thank god I have Vanders mission creator.

Mp. Missions. Qmb all work.

4 hours ago, Elem said:

Yes.. i did

4 hours ago, J5_Spyboy said:

What DBS-Browning said. People here are very helpful as a rule.

Also the abrupt and short replies are possibly a result of translation and pressure of work getting the update out, use Google Translate and look at the Russian Forums, imho they can also provide some answers.

Salute

 

I understand theyre in Moscow. I have dealt with them before they were grest. Jve been dealing with them.for almost 5 weeks about this now.

To answer everyone else I posted a thread abt career mode before, in bugs section, asked for help with pwgc, and contscted support.  All this at the least 2 days b4 this (the first mention of pwgc) and latest several.weeks ago (comppaints about career mode) yes this was a venting post but anyone thimking im jumping the gun or rushing doesnt get how long I have been on this. I can provide screens.

I received very little response except frm 1 person about career amd pwgc.  

Again before 1C support was fantadtic and walked me through everything no problem

 Thid time me emailing back ecplicitly Im bad with computers, and dont know how to do what they want. I did what googling it said and they say it doesnt work. Do they have ideas or no?  I conclided saying "you could tell stuff from.the last msinfo32 and dxdiag so heres the latest ones."

They responded with

Dear user,

Your msinfo32 is wrong. Look at first one you sent us to see what it should look like."

What? Its dozens of pages of info. No specifics nothing on what its supposed to look like. Or how the last was wrong as I did what I did everytime. Ajd so on.

Look sorry 4 the venting thread but its frustrating after weeks.

However what would you guys like to know?

Dell inspiron 15 7000 gaming.

If you google it youll get the specs if you want. Its a year old has 3 games on it thats it.  So pretty clean condition

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood this career thang ...  only just like planes,, sorry.

Edited by jollyjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, Sublime said:

Your msinfo32 is wrong.

 

This means, that you have an dll registration fault. You can´t get help from Devs, as this has nothing to do with their software. I think they would help, if they could.

But this is impossible in that case. There are repair programs on the market, but I don´t know wether they really help. Maybe you installed  another software, which corrupted the system ?

(google "msinfo32 fault")

You can try to run the installer of IL2 again. If this doesn´t help, you might need to set up your windows again. Or you have acronis and can reset it to a "running version" ?

 

Edited by Quax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I just solved this problem.

I dont know specificslly what did it as I reformatted and reinstalled evwrything from nothing basically.

However I would like to add they didnt say they couldnt help further or anything - they simply havent responded to my last 2 emails in several days. Idk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always two sides of the story. I' like to point out only two things:

 

a) it seemed most likely even from the initial posts of yours in those other threads that the problem was related to some corrupted MS Windows stuff rather than files from the game itself. And since support guys' job is to know how their software works and not someone else's, you can't really expect them to become "general-PC-matters-helpdesk". To some extent, yes, but there's only so much they can advise, not knowing what's going on with someone's computer on the other side of the planet;

 

b) I don't know how much of written English they can understand well, and how much they have to use use google translator for when dealing with submitted tickets. In either case, you have to keep in mind that your lousy typing you've become known for around here makes parts of your posts difficult to understand for non-native EN speakers (or even literally half-impossible to decipher IF these guys indeed use aid of online translators). That might be a factor in resolving more complicated technical problems. Just saying.

 

Still, good to hear you've got your issue sorted.

Edited by Art-J
typo
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Actually I just solved this problem.

I dont know specificslly what did it as I reformatted and reinstalled evwrything from nothing basically.

However I would like to add they didnt say they couldnt help further or anything - they simply havent responded to my last 2 emails in several days. Idk.

As indicated by another poster above, it looks like the problem was likely in your windows registry; basically, where Windows stores settings for itself and applications. Its critical to the way Windows functions, and it can cause very strange issues with how various applications work. For example, Windows might allow your game to function in many ways, but the specific function that the game required to run career mode or PWCG was borked because of the registry issue. It seems unrelated but that's because you can't really see whats going on in the guts of the OS. 

As far as the graphics card thing, from the thread in the support email you posted in the previous thread it looks like the support people added it on to the end of their response as a recommendation, not as the source for your particular problems. And really, if the game was using the Intel chip rather than the Nvidia card, you were going to have other, serious issues with performance.

It doesn't look like they gave you wrong information or bad advice. Really, it doesn't look like the problem was their software at all. So I don't know what else you expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well for one I didntnhave any way of knowing.

What else I expected...?  I dont know. I think I was very fair to them. I said they were fantastic in the past. But I can show more emails.  For exame.the msinfo files.  They just keptnsatying "its wrong" not how it was.  How am I supposed to make heads or tails of "its wrong"?

If it wasnt there stuff causing the problem of course then it wasnt their fault.. however they easily could have said "we xannot figure this out sorry we think its on your end" and that would have been the end of.it.

I also had a strong reason to believe it wasnt a video card or dricer issue. I wont go into it here.  But it was VERY stronf evidence. That I still cant explain

What am I supposed to tjink when they are telling me x y and z but nit saying its a suggestion.  After all I emailed them for instructions on how to fix. Another example : somethings wrong with your trackir. Nothibg further. Not maybe get drivers. Not you can see whats wrong here. Not even how they know or whatever.

Fuether I never acted ridiculous or called names. I even emailed them after they hadnt responded to.my last couple of emails at all and explained how I solved the problem to help future people. 

I find it ironic how much people.will jump onnyou when your strongest language was "disappointed with'  i even got a pm fron a respected community member implying since I dared open this thread the support team wouldnt want to help me.  What is this attitude about anyways? Frankly it doesnt feel healthy.

 

Probably was registry but as I made abundantly clear on all.my.posts I have been out of the loop on computers since the mid aughts

On 12/11/2019 at 1:46 PM, Art-J said:

There's always two sides of the story. I' like to point out only two things:

 

a) it seemed most likely even from the initial posts of yours in those other threads that the problem was related to some corrupted MS Windows stuff rather than files from the game itself. And since support guys' job is to know how their software works and not someone else's, you can't really expect them to become "general-PC-matters-helpdesk". To some extent, yes, but there's only so much they can advise, not knowing what's going on with someone's computer on the other side of the planet;

 

b) I don't know how much of written English they can understand well, and how much they have to use use google translator for when dealing with submitted tickets. In either case, you have to keep in mind that your lousy typing you've become known for around here makes parts of your posts difficult to understand for non-native EN speakers (or even literally half-impossible to decipher IF these guys indeed use aid of online translators). That might be a factor in resolving more complicated technical problems. Just saying.

 

Still, good to hear you've got your issue sorted.

On issue 2

I type most posts here on a cellphone and theyre not as important at all as tech support msgs I know goto Moscow.

Again I said they were excellent in the past. So was their English.  They didnt seem to habe English problems now either.  I typed all my emails to them on my laptop - the vast majority were very grammatically correct.  Further on every exchange with them Ive asjed if theybunderstand what I mean; or if Im being confusing.

 

Also lets be real here - if youre going to sell products to the english language world, im the age of google.translate and english being like the worlds 2nd most common language, its not a very good excuse to claim english isnt your first language.  You shouldnt be selling a product or at least be saying english support will not be offered.

Again everyone needs to understand that polite criticism is different than ad hominem attacks.  Further we all are allowed an opinion last I checked.  This also is a discussion forum last I checked. I apologize but no one had informed me that any criticism of 1C was verboten and Id basically get jumped all over for a mild and true observation.

Edited by Sublime
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Also lets be real here - 

 

Lets be real?  In that case the Support guy must have to use the freakin' Rosetta stone to read your posts:(  

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except I communicated with support through email.

I wasnt aware you had read my emails?  Please then telll me about my grammar on those, typed on my laptop since I needed to produce computer files anyways.  

And your point is what exactly?  I cant have an opinion because you think the grammar of my posts is bad?  Interestingly support never asked me to clarify *anything* and no one has said they didnt understand what I meant when it came to threads where people actually tried to help me.

To me this is bizarre - its like your trying to argue Im being an ahole or cant speak my mind.. because the grammar of my posts here? When Im talking about an email.exchange and already adressed the issue of typing better on a laptop?  Let me get this straight - youre defending people for theiretically not understanding me perhaps or being confused who never once claimed to be, who I dealt with successfully before and communicated with fine now; on an email exchange you never read; and attacking me based not on anything but the grammar of my posts which this thread isnt about; and thats about the sum of it?

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

 

Lets be real?  In that case the Support guy must have to use the freakin' Rosetta stone to read your posts:(  

To be sure you see my reply - interesting to know you either read the emails I communicated with support with, or they didnt need the freakin rosetta stone to need my posts because it was through email.

Rosetta stone.my ass. Heres an example..plenty more where that came from.  Theres a huge difference between how I write casual forum posts with a cell.phone and large fingers (and constantly policed for it) and doing business or talking about a tech problem

 

As you can see you do not need the "freakin rosetta stone"

Screenshot_20191212-175203_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sublime said:

To me this is bizarre - its like your trying to argue Im being an ahole or cant speak my mind.

 

I'm not arguing anything.  I'm telling you your posts on this forum are for the most part gobbledygook:(

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats fine - and whats that have to do with the post?  Or did you suddenly feel the need to come to this post of mine of many and tell me? Or not pm me?  Or would you rather I not post?   Sorry gonna pass.  You can always block me. 

The idea you're pulling me up and knocking my posts grammar for no reason apparently now (at first you were using the support angle now you just want to say this) is insulting and very rude.  I didnt realize you policed the forum or I had to pass a grammar test.

This conversation isnt going to be productive whatsoever, so Im not going to carry on with you. (Hope you can read my gobbleygook - pls do just put me on ignore we have nothing to talk about)

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sublime said:

On issue 2

I type most posts here on a cellphone and theyre not as important at all as tech support msgs I know goto Moscow.

Again I said they were excellent in the past. So was their English.  They didnt seem to habe English problems now either.  I typed all my emails to them on my laptop - the vast majority were very grammatically correct.  Further on every exchange with them Ive asjed if theybunderstand what I mean; or if Im being confusing.

 

no offence, but it is a problem - at least for some not native english speakers, trust me, I am one of them.

They may just lost patience with you.

It is not only about typos; try to slow down a bit and rearrange your ideas/hints/ questions into correctly build sentences.  
Read everything at least twice before clicking submit.
If I were a developer, your posts would be at the end of my to-do list.

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wju said:

 

no offence, but it is a problem - at least for some not native english speakers, trust me, I am one of them.

They may just lost patience with you.

It is not only about typos; try to slow down a bit and rearrange your ideas/hints/ questions into correctly build sentences.  
Read everything at least twice before clicking submit.
If I were a developer, your posts would be at the end of my to-do list.

😉

Again though all communications were thru *email*

I posted a screen of one email here. Its grammatically correct.  They all were like that. Want more screens?

And none taken you werent a jerk like some.

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, Sublime said:

Usually theyve been great.

This last episode - they send me answers after I told them Im awful with computers. Like 'this file is wrong and not different than the original' but dont offer a solution.

theyre abrupt and short. Ive asked several questions with no answer.  Ive asked for help with things no answer

Further on the question of why my career mode doesnt work they have me focussed on my graphics card.  Though I have extremely strong evidence its not the case.

 

Gift, Horse and mouth. Are words this post make me think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhumbaAzul said:

Gift, Horse and mouth. Are words this post make me think of.

Sigh. Care to elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sublime said:

Sigh. Care to elaborate?

How many modules have you actually paid for? Seem to recall you were gifted a few?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was. I paid for BOS, BoBP.  I also paid it forward after contacting all who helped me. I also posted an open invite at the time my financial situation was resolved offerjng to buy or pay people back; help new people.

Now- what business is that of yours?  Because I had some modules gifted to me I cant get game support at all?  What are you on about exactly?

How about this - Ive still put in over 150 dollars and that should be plenty enough to ask for support.

Further Ive helped the community as a whole by testing a certain product for free the last several months.

I think I have every much a right as you to post my opinions. I never was rude to 1c - and claims that it was my.grammar were debunked.

So now its I cant say anything because some stuff was gifted? What a load of nonsense!  Further do you understand the actual meaning of "look a gift horse in the mouth?"

Let me give an example.  Someone gifts me something and I say "thx but the graphics are lousy"  

Having some things gifted and still spending over 150 on myself is quite enough I believe to post here. Furthermore I didnt realize thid was am exclusive club based on money; nor that I coerced anyone, or that this is *any* of your business (my finances)

You or anyone else isnt better than someone just because they were gifred something

By the way consdiering my interest like 90% of the rest of the communities is still plastered on BP stuff (a module I bought the collectors edition of) and my probs were trying to get a BP campaign going - no this isnt looking a gift horse in the mouth.  

I could see people complaining if I started a thread name calling etc.  I didnt. I stated my feelings on the matter whilst noting they were excellent before.

Me having modules gifted 7 months ago doesnt have *anything* to do with this. 

I never opened a thread or said '1c sucks' or 'this game is lame'.  Exactly what is the fault of trying to find help to make something work?  And then out of frustration one day commenting how disappointed you are vs the previous occassion?

Would I be doing anyone who gifted me something a favor by not fixing the problem and letting the game sit untouched therefore?

21 hours ago, RhumbaAzul said:

How many modules have you actually paid for? Seem to recall you were gifted a few?

PS I didnt recall.my finances or anyone elses being your business or their being a club based on money spent with 1c. My mistake! You want some fu*king receipts too?

Edited by Sublime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether a customer has paid for all his modules, or has been gifted with all is irrelevant. In technical matters company support is there to provide similar treatment to everyone.

 

@ Sublime - Judging from the screen your e-mail typing is indeed much better than phone-one, so OK, grammar is not a factor. In the future, If I were you, I would maybe consider changing the unorganized wall-of-text style to more concise, bullet-point one. Makes easier for them (and you) to track what fixing steps you have tried and what remains to be tried next.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, note that Google translate is not the be all and end all.

 

it's good, great even, but stuff is easily lost in translation even with Google and the best will in the world.

 

pro tip: keep your ticket/emails super short and to the point. no fluff.

 

once the issue is sorted, that's when I tend to send lots of text, thanking folks ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the be all end all. Fact. But tbey never had troubke understanding. And were fantastic in the past. And thlugh they werent of help I told them how I solved.my.problem.so they wudnt waste time and could help others.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:15 PM, Art-J said:

Whether a customer has paid for all his modules, or has been gifted with all is irrelevant. In technical matters company support is there to provide similar treatment to everyone.

 

@ Sublime - Judging from the screen your e-mail typing is indeed much better than phone-one, so OK, grammar is not a factor. In the future, If I were you, I would maybe consider changing the unorganized wall-of-text style to more concise, bullet-point one. Makes easier for them (and you) to track what fixing steps you have tried and what remains to be tried next.

I am tryinf since Ive taken so much flak. Im willing to publish all the emails

No gifting shouldnt have an effect.

I deleted this comment but Ill re add it. I volunteered snd happily tested FC. For free. I wont receive a copy either. Thats fine.  Some may say "id love to test " you dont understsnd. Its not sll fun and its time consuming.

I did that TOTALLY for love of the game and to help the community. You better believe I was advocsting for stuff thst the commu ity wanted in beta threads too. i dont wanna be seen as thumpjng my chest. I wasnt the best bets tester by a long shot. But I wonder whst @RhumbaAzul has done for the community thst makes him better than me.or able to judge. I seriously was offended by your comments btw Azul. That was below the belt. Im a single fsther snd had lost all my work. I got it back in a month but the non jerks helped me throjgh it. Ppl like you and bilbo bagguns just insulted me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...