Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

my last phone work :)

I gotta be honest raaaid, I never thought much of your work, but this might be your best attempt at a portrait yet. I actually really like the effects on the shoulders, chest and hair. I wish you'd applied it to the face as well. 

Your grasp on perspective when it comes to facial features still needs a lot of work, but I can see improvement from some of your earlier work. 

If drawing/painting gives you joy, please by all means keep it going. You are getting better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jcomm-il2 said:

Who's him ?

paul newman

• Like 1

Keep up the artistic flow raiad. I immediately recognized your work as Paul Newman. Also, something I noted is the sort of silver bright aura you have around him. This aura depicts a strong physical and spiritual presence of which Mr. Newman absolutely had--- he was a very compassionate person, ( brilliant application here !!! ) 

Nice work !!!

--sf--

hotchner-paul-newman_89292_lf5uxb.jpg

Edited by soarfeat

I agree with Finkeren and soarfeat : well done raaaid !

By the way, interesting to see when reactions/upvotes are telling a lot of a person's true character...

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of the old CFS2 days style with the comic book kinda motif in storytelling. 

As a side note, I could never get into CFS3, too buggy. I had that CFS2 modded to the hilt though and enjoyed countless hours flying in the Pacific.

so far i think this is my best work, i did it using a bizarre technique by which i would look with one eye at the white paper and with the other to the photograph model using a mirror, vermeer may have done this

also i run out of flesh tone pastels so i can not try again by now and its not the comic book style that seems like my late style:

humphrey.jpg

2 hours ago, soarfeat said:

the sort of silver bright aura you have around him

not anymore but there was a time i would see different colors halos around people, probably psicosis

On 12/6/2019 at 6:04 PM, raaaid said:

a freudian one :)

tower.jpg

OMG...Freud would have had a ball reading into that one!  Being a cocaine addict one can see his preoccupation with sex I suppose.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, raaaid said:

so far i think this is my best work, i did it using a bizarre technique by which i would look with one eye at the white paper and with the other to the photograph model using a mirror, vermeer may have done this

also i run out of flesh tone pastels so i can not try again by now and its not the comic book style that seems like my late style:

humphrey.jpg

not anymore but there was a time i would see different colors halos around people, probably psicosis

Kinda like this...

F61B00F0-CC4A-4D63-AD9D-62CC993A0241.jpeg

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:13 PM, raaaid said:

humphrey.jpg

Is this one Bogart?

• Like 1

yes its bogart i enjoy painting him he has interesting ugly but pretty factions

On 12/6/2019 at 10:34 AM, raaaid said:

paul newman

I thought it was Max Headroom...