PatrickAWlson

PWCG Competitive Coop

Curious about the use of this.  Competitive coop is a mode where players can fly on any side on a coop server.  That means participation i controlled but you are still flying against other people in a career mode setting. 

The main inspiration was the most fun I have ever had in MP (Red Baron 3D).  You took on a persona and flew.  If your persona died you started over.  All of the book keeping was done by hand by the campaign host.  PWCG takes care of the book keeping for you as well as putting you in a complete setting.

The second inspiration was squadron wars (I flew with JG1 for a bit in RB3D).  Example: with PWCG you can set up a campaign with your squadron on one side, the opposing squadron(s) on the other, and fly the Moscow campaign or Stalingrad or Kuban.

It definitely takes more planning than jump on and fly MP servers, but for any organized MP activity it should be a great tool.  Posting here just to let people know that this thing exists.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to take a part with that kind organized event or I say campaign especially in FC.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Upvote 1

Love the idea Pat, used to do that a lot with old groups in legacy IL2, when missions were easy to make.  We (361st) have used the generator for inter squad events and hosted one multi squad event using PWCG.  We learned using the rank system didn't work all that great, it put people from different squads in the same flight.  So we figured we would make everyone in a particular squad Captains, the other squad Lt's and we (361st) would be majors, so that each group spawned in with their own group.  Same with the LW opposing side.  It's the only downside we found with using your Coop generator, but easily overcome until a better solution comes along.  Looking forward to cold starts in the dispersal area, that will allow us to form up into our inter-squad flights easier too.  Thanks for all the hard work Pat, appreciate it

Hoss