6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

P-47 Razorback with Malcolm Hood

When has that ever been relevant with the Devs though? There are plenty of Mods ingame that were exceedingly rare, but operational.

image.png.e2746438eb9d4c669e7916d35a84bba9.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

When has that ever been relevant with the Devs though? There are plenty of Mods ingame that were exceedingly rare, but operational.

image.png.e2746438eb9d4c669e7916d35a84bba9.png

Witness the one piece windscreen for the I-16, a prime example.

It’d be nice to have.

Razorback won’t have much to choose from in the way of mods unless they add an engine mod for 150 fuel and the Malcolm hood.(or more bomb options)

Itd be good to have just for some options.

Edited by Legioneod

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I think the biggest one is the Mg151 gondolas on the Mc.202. Five trial aircraft in mid-1943 and that's it and here it is in game

• Upvote 2

They have been drifting away from those sorts of mods more lately. Those were more popular in the days of the unlocks system. 

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Or the EZ42 gunsight in the Dora

Just now, AndytotheD said:

Or the EZ42 gunsight in the Dora

If it made combat units I'm much less fussed and don't mind it as something interesting. It's like the Spit's rockets. Only used by one squadron during the timeframe, but that squadron is on the map, so why not?

1 hour ago, III/JG53Frankyboy said:

igitt , ugly as hell......

Yeah, but there's only so much a coat of lipstick will do for a pig ... ducks :) 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

If it made combat units I'm much less fussed and don't mind it as something interesting. It's like the Spit's rockets. Only used by one squadron during the timeframe, but that squadron is on the map, so why not?

Oh no, I’m in agreement. If it saw operational service and there’s data to be found on it then it is nice to have in game.

1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

I think the biggest one is the Mg151 gondolas on the Mc.202. Five trial aircraft in mid-1943 and that's it and here it is in game

I have not seen a single server allow this mod for the mc202 other than say berloga or planes/tanks normal.

Most multi player servers lock this one, at least in my experience.

Edited by JG51_Beazil

But we're not talking about the Bella Macchina here.

Back to the hood on the P-47:

I'd much rather have the devs spend the time on a better damage-model on the Jug, HVARs on the -28, a proper selection of droptanks and possibly nape, and cluster ammo.

I'd also much rather have them make an early-ish D-Razorback, a mid-range block and a -22/-23 bird with the specific mods.

Modeling the blown hood for the Fw-190 F-8 (same as D-9 hood) should be more important than this unicorn, additionally it is ugly as hell 😜

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

I'm not sure it was actually that benefitial in the P-47. The razerback had a thin spine and deep scallops in the back so I recall from the original Il-2 that it had pretty decent rearward visibility, even for a non-bubbletop. 

54 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm not sure it was actually that benefitial in the P-47. The razerback had a thin spine and deep scallops in the back so I recall from the original Il-2 that it had pretty decent rearward visibility, even for a non-bubbletop. 

Plus it has a decent mirror (same as P-38 except not see through) ,hopefully they don’t model the spitfire style mirror for the Razorback.

I like it, looks much better than the framed canopy in my (probably sole) opinion 😄 Though I doubt we'll see it in the sim. 

On 12/5/2019 at 8:24 PM, Rudolph said:

I like it, looks much better than the framed canopy in my (probably sole) opinion 😄 Though I doubt we'll see it in the sim. 

I'm not really sure how well I like it from the Outside, but it ads a lot of Combat Value. And a nearly identical Hood was mounted to the Mustang as well.

image.png.200b8bc5b90e187655b1cb53f28841b3.png

image.png.c1573bd16926d70b658ccc6431c022af.png

image.png.f9aa22db66c241e0cd22fb475837bc13.png