DD_APHill

262 Engine problem

I am having a problem keeping the 262s engines running when I spawn in in the air.

The throttle pawl levers move on their own to the unlocked position which kills the engines when I spawn in at 6000 m. ( doesn’t seem to happen at lower altitudes) Is there a way to keep that from happening? Maybe I’m missing something in settings. This is a recent development it didn’t used to happen. Can anyone help me out with this?

Others in my squad are having the same issue.

Kind of  kills the enjoyment of flying the 262.

Thanks

262 throttles 1 edit.jpg

262 throttles 2 edit.jpg

• Upvote 1

yeah same here. I have to restart the engines with ram air everytime I do an airstart

Check your engine temperature when this happens. Usually those lever move when it is below a certain temperature (450C ?).

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Try moving your throttles to 100% before you spawn

This!

17 hours ago, 71st_AH_Barnacles said:

Try moving your throttles to 100% before you spawn

I have them at 100%. at spawning in.

I was able to spawn in at 4000 m and retard the throttles to idle without them quitting. I did it extremely slowly. I think that is the secret. Move the throttles veeeery slooowly.

I don't remember this happening a few updates ago, but it must be historic? I know the engines on the 262 were very touchy.

Anyway thanks for the replies!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DD_APHill said:

I have them at 100%. at spawning in.

I was able to spawn in at 4000 m and retard the throttles to idle without them quitting. I did it extremely slowly. I think that is the secret. Move the throttles veeeery slooowly.

I don't remember this happening a few updates ago, but it must be historic? I know the engines on the 262 were very touchy.

Anyway thanks for the replies!

That's normal behavior regardless of whether you start in the air or on the ground.  In your previous flights you may have been opting to include the additional fuel valve in the aircraft loadout menu, which limits sudden changes to fuel flow and helps keep the engines from quitting - without it,  you have to be verrrry careful and patient with throttle movement as you describe.

I gave it a try. Spawned at 6k, flying straight, throttling back very slowly. At around 7000 RPM the gas temperature reaches 400° and one (one time both)engine quits. So watch for the gas temperature when reducing throttle in higher altitudes. They may not go down to 400°. I was a few times flying in 10k some weeks ago. In that altitude the gas temperature is just above 400°, so as soon as you throttle back, you'll lose your engines. And in that altitude you have to glide down quite a while, until the air is dense and warm enough, that your engines won't quit immediately after restarting, because the gas temperature falls too deep.

"you may have been opting to include the additional fuel valve in the aircraft load out menu, "

I have always selected the fuel valve It still stalls very easily even with it. I don't remember it being that touchy. I would have remembered that. No big deal I just have to refrain from changing setting too quickly (which I try to never do) or just stop flying the 262