Sign in to follow this  
Manstein16

Making the plunge w/ GTX 1080 and i5-7600k

I am finally ready to take the plunge into VR but want to ensure that I am not throwing money at a bottleneck first. I have a GTX 1080, i5-7600k 3.8 GHz, 16 GB DDR 4 DRAM, and SSD. I am leaning toward the Valve Index (or something with a comparable resolution) and, according to Steam's Index app, I should have no problems with my setup. That said, can anyone provide feedback regarding how well that GPU/CPU combination in particular will be able to handle IL2 in VR?

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Manstein16 said:

I am finally ready to take the plunge into VR but want to ensure that I am not throwing money at a bottleneck first. I have a GTX 1080, i5-7600k 3.8 GHz, 16 GB DDR 4 DRAM, and SSD. I am leaning toward the Valve Index (or something with a comparable resolution) and, according to Steam's Index app, I should have no problems with my setup. That said, can anyone provide feedback regarding how well that GPU/CPU combination in particular will be able to handle IL2 in VR?

Thanks in advance.

I think you will likely be "ok".

However it would be beneficial if you overclocked that CPU.

• Thanks 1

I have a 7600k oc to 5Ghz with 2x8GB DDR4 . XMP profile 3000Mhz (2933 to work properly) Works great with Reverb. 1080ti usage around 75-97% when I hit 90fps...less usage when reprojection kicks in. It's necessary to overclock your CPU at least to 4.7 Ghz. Index should work just fine with your system

You will need to overclock your CPU, ideally to 4.8 or above. Overclocking is safe and easy nowadays. But you need a good CPU cooler (either air or AIO liquid).

You can already start to OC before your your Index arrive.

Try to run the remagen benchmark just to be sure your system is OK in term of CPU/RAM.

The 1080 card should be OK for the Index.