ITAF_Rani

My first time in VR with IL2 !!

This evening I v tried first time in my life VR headset and of course the game was IL2...txs to my fellow who use VR.

Guys what a marvellous experience it was!!!

A little dream coming from since when I was child has been realized.. I had the impression to be inside a real WW2 fighter plane...

Txs  to Devs for this great sim and to have implemented the possibility to play with the Vr.

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Upvote 22

Marvelous it truly is!

I was hooked from the start, I'll wont be returning to 2D. Its definitely an addiction.  :fly:

• Upvote 1

My poor neglected TiR5 has sat unused for over two years since I got my rift...

• Upvote 1

Welcome, now you too can curse the Germans for their lack of mirrors!  

It is pretty bloody amazing, hope to see you in the skies S!

• Haha 1

The first time i started quick mission in vr to test it i was is such amazement that i just sat looking around the cockpit and outside totally gobsmacked how it looked for about 15 minutes.  Before i even started the engine...

Then i started flying and fighting then my alarm went off and I realised i had been on it all night.

Welcome to the club!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Macro said:

The first time i started quick mission in vr to test it i was is such amazement that i just sat looking around the cockpit and outside totally gobsmacked how it looked for about 15 minutes

Same thing here 🤣

12 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

Welcome, now you too can curse the Germans for their lack of mirrors!  

YES! Get ready for the grunting and neck pains of checking your 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Congrats!

VR is pure awesomeness!

I still get that incredible feeling each time I put on my headset, which is daily.

15 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

This evening I v tried first time in my life VR headset and of course the game was IL2...txs to my fellow who use VR.

Guys what a marvellous experience it was!!!

I little dream coming from since when I was child has been realized.. I had the impression to be inside a real WW2 fighter plane...

Txs  to Devs for this great sim and to have implemented the possibility to play with the Vr.

I've had a VR headset for a while, but I've only just started to use it with Il2 as my old computer couldn't really run it fast enough. It's amazing how it helps your aim, but it's going to take me a while getting used to fighting in multiplayer.

It's purdy incredible. Welcome to the club. Just take moment to look around at the rivets in the cockpit.

Landing and accurate shots are gonna be a lot easier now too. The depth perception helps tremendously. 

Welcome to VR

I recomend getting Havoc Over The Kuban, if you have BOK.

• Like 1

Very nice!! I felt the same way once I treated myself the CV1. It was a bit of an eye opener and I can't bring myself to play with IR tracking anymore - unless it's in an older sim (RoF, CloD). I had the same experience for a 2nd time when I upgraded to the Rift S. Sat in the Cockpit of a 109G-6 on Kuban map and just stared at all the gauges for minutes. It was all so much clearer. 

VR rocks and I hope they keep up supporting it in any way possible. Love feeling like I'm in the aircraft. 

Welcome to the club! Yeah, once I tried VR I just couldn't go back to a 2D screen, the immersion factor of VR is simply too great!

It feels like this is how simulation was always meant to be.   You experience so many things in VR that are just not possible on a monitor.  Complete immersion, depth and spatial perception, and with a good bass shaker, the feeling of speed and motion.  Now anything outside of VR just feels like watching TV.

I tried VR over at SYN_Wolf home in the Netherlands couple of months back...been saving for the needed changes to the PC and for the VR set since then. With a lil luck after Xmas...

Haash

• Like 2

Flying Circus is the best experience in VR! I love it how you can stick your head out and look straight down. Perfect for staying in someone's blind spot! :) 

• Upvote 1

ONCE VR ALWAYS VR!!!!

I started with a Rift and now I use the HP Reverb. IL-2 BoX is the best VR experience for me, second best is sim racing with iRacing.

VR is amazing and I am Looking forward to every improvement, Hardware and Software wise.

VR makes being a gunner way cooler too. Dont forget, it's not all about being the pilot.

Rift S is nearly $1000 US retail here... Sad especially when salaries are about a quarter of 1st world

Not this Christmas but one day soon 😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

On 12/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Fern said:

That is one downside! Otherwise it looks amazing.

Also, @ ITAF_Rani, make sure you check the cable at the headset end every so often - it is actually a USB inside the plastic casing and can come loose with time.

Oh - and you need to set VR zoom not just pilot head zoom (you may well have already figured that out - took me about 10 minutes of puzzlement before I noticed)

Edited by EAF19_Marsh
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, =EXPEND=Dendro said:

Nice Rani! Just ordered my Rift S! See you in the skies!

Hi mate...you cannot believe how gorgeous it is...

3 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Hi mate...you cannot believe how gorgeous it is...

That is for sure.

One thing I like about my Rift S and it running at 80 Hz, I can run graphics mostly maxed out and it is beautiful with good performance.

On 12/2/2019 at 10:14 PM, Dano said:

My poor neglected TiR5 has sat unused for over two years since I got my rift...

Same.

Oh man I really want a vr headset but there is no where in Australia to test one. I'm looking at getting the reverb but the outlay just to try it out is quite high.

It encouraging to know that the OP's experience with a rift s was a good one, that maybe getting a cheaper set is the way to go.

10 minutes ago, Tyberan said:

Oh man I really want a vr headset but there is no where in Australia to test one. I'm looking at getting the reverb but the outlay just to try it out is quite high.

It encouraging to know that the OP's experience with a rift s was a good one, that maybe getting a cheaper set is the way to go.

I use the HP Reverb with an i7-8700k and a GTX 1080TI 11Gb

the Performance is very good with that, if you have a strong PC rig with at least my specs or even higher I can recommend the Reverb.

• Like 1

I got the same cpu, but I've only got a gtx970. I've been looking getting the rtx2080 super, but funds are the issue at the moment. 

My worry with the reverb is that I have no Idea what my IPD is and it's not adjustable physically on the reverb, plus I now wear glasses.

Edited by Tyberan

On 12/3/2019 at 10:34 AM, Fern said:

Yes, that is a real issue!

Now, every time before diving in the VR cockpit, I do stretches for the neck, back and I do some warm up too.

I imagine real pilots should do that too!

• Upvote 1

VR in this sim is truly amazing, now all we need is to hook up a fan to feel the wind on your face as you look out the cockpit.

Cheers to all

• Like 1