Sign in to follow this  
Niiranen-VR

RAM 3000 Vs 4000 MHz ?

I wanna ' buy myself happy ' ...so        Soon 24 Dec 

In my pc I have now  Corsair 16 GB 3000 c15 , 15-17-17-35

But would it be a benefit for me and the game change to a 4000 MHz or higher 

Cost/benefit 

If you are on 1080P then you will see some performance gains, really depends on which game too as well.

anything above 1080P>(1440P & 4K) not really.

major benefits, higher max frames, and higher min frames on 1080P.

I have no idea what the effects are on VR though.

if you can see in the remagen becnhmark table Wallterscott has stelar performance with his RAM 4400Mhz CL17 in his CPU at 5.3GHz on 1080p monitor.

I think that every thing that help monitor will help VR, assumed you are not GPU limited.

1 hour ago, chiliwili69 said:

if you can see in the remagen becnhmark table Wallterscott has stelar performance with his RAM 4400Mhz CL17 in his CPU at 5.3GHz on 1080p monitor.

I think that every thing that help monitor will help VR, assumed you are not GPU limited.

I imagen that 5.3 GHz overclock does more for that than the higher ram speed, as it is also running at a higher latency.

But testing with different ram would be only way to tell how much affect it does have.

Well , now my feedback is late  , Christmas is over , new year already going on 

But ..... ( Let's see whether you have the guts to tell me Im wrong 🤔😉

I have just ordered new ram .... - My 16 GB run single curse my son got the 2'ond when building his game pc -  :.     So ....

2x8.    G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3600 C15 DC SR - 16GB

19 hours ago, Niiranen-VR said:

2x8.    G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3600 C15 DC SR - 16GB

One guy in the benchmark (Loki) got +9fps when he went from 3000-CL16 to 3600-CL16.

You should expect a similar bump. In VR about half of than bump.

You can run the test before the change...

Chilli - por favor ,  I have No experience about making test , but its remagen 4.003

Qué ? 

And'eeeeeeeh , I think my old ram running a little bit low 🤔🥺

AE4C3938-C87B-413F-92C8-F5E0822DB3FD.jpeg

In general going to very high RAM speeds, will have an enormous effect on the weight of your wallet (which will become very light after acquisition) but very little effect on the performances. The CPU clock will have a direct and visible impact on the CPU performance which for IL2 that is CPU limited is a big plus. But having a superclocked CPU is worthless if your Graphic card cannot digest the data and follow the pace. What GPU do you have?

IckyATLAS , I have ' not bad'  CPU and GPU - CPU is i5 9600k and run 5.2 Ghz 

GPU is 2080super so I want to have a lift in my Ram , and I have now got my new Ram .... But .....

Try take a look at

I have my test there with old and new Ram , and others have too 

For me it's not the test , but the game ..... But if you have better test , you maybe have better game 

On 1/13/2020 at 4:29 PM, Niiranen-VR said:

IckyATLAS , I have ' not bad'  CPU and GPU - CPU is i5 9600k and run 5.2 Ghz 

GPU is 2080super so I want to have a lift in my Ram , and I have now got my new Ram .... But .....

Try take a look at

I have my test there with old and new Ram , and others have too 

For me it's not the test , but the game ..... But if you have better test , you maybe have better game 

I prefer a different approach. To know if GPU/CPU are equilibrated and one does not limit the other here is my approach. 

You need to measure two performance parameters one for GPU and one for  CPU. But we want to have a measurement specif to IL2 and not a synthetic type of measurement. You have to consider that IL2 is a CPU limited game, for two reasons. It is CPU intensive (complex simulations are generally very cpu intensive), and uses only about two full cores, even if you have 64 of them. This is why the Single Core performance and frequency is very important for IL2. So a very fast 4 to 6 cores (5GHZ) is enough if you only play IL2.

You need a reference state. This reference state is related to a given map. Lapino map is much lighter and smaller that Kuban or Rheinland map. Here you have to choose the map according to the mission you want to analyze. The reference state is an empty map (do not import anything) with one plane flying (the player) and nothing else, this means the sky is just completely clear, no wind, no turbulence, and absolutely nothing else. You will add in this map a Timer with two short text messages displayed on the screen, like START and STOP.  Please activate also the ingame framerate counter. Display time 1 second, It is enough for you to see it and it will not impact the measure. Consider a 60 seconds timer. When start is flashed you start your stopwatch and when stop flashes you just stop it. Set to the Max/Ultra all your graphics settings and the resolution to the native resolution of your monitor. Do not use any image framerate limiter like Synch to monitor frequency. We do not care here if there is image tearing.

First do the test with the empty map and compare the two timers. You will see no difference even maybe the IL2 Timer maybe even a little faster. During the timer run note also the framerate. Now you have two reference values. If in this reference case you already have a slower IL2 timer then either your CPU is really too limited or the GPU limits your CPU. To check if the GPU is limiting, set your graphic settings to the minimum and see if the IL2 Timer speeds up, if yes then the GPU was limiting your CPU.

Second download your mission based on the same map. Choose a place and a moment in the mission worth doing the test. This is where you have the highest intensity of action with the highest number of objects and most importantly "planes". The high intensity of action and planes will impact the CPU and the highest number of objects to display (and mainly smoke, fires and explosions) will impact the GPU.

Because of the connection CPU/GPU it is not very easy to separate completely the two. But we can find some rules.

We compare the values with the reference values. If the IL2 Timer is way slower than your stopwatch, and the framerate has diminished but only slightly then CPU is limiting. If you have a high framerate drop but a slight Timer slow-down then GPU is most impacted. 

My experience is that the planes are what takes the maximum CPU resources, and their number does impact the CPU. The number of objects has an impact that is much smaller than planes. The GPU is impacted by the quantity of objects to be displayed but also by the clouds, the smokes, fires and explosions. 

You can also use two additional tools:

1) TechPowerUp GPU-Z that will show your GPU utilization rate.

2) The Win 10 CPU Performance indicator where you can see the load of each thread if you have Hyperthreading or each Core if you run without Hyperthreading.

These tools will give a measure of how the CPU and GPU are loaded during the task execution.

Regarding the memory the optimal is to have the fastest speed as specified for the motherboard. Over that the final impact in terms of CPU and framerate is just overkill you won't see it.

An even if you gain one fps that's just invisible. 

Overclocking from 4.2 to 5 will bring you much more. And this is why the best CPU for IL2 is not AMD but Intel 9900KS that runs stock at 5Ghz flat.

• Upvote 1

Yes , but I dont wanna do  lot of test - I have now a i5 9600k that runs at 5.2 and Ram 3600 cas 15 and a GPU 2080super ..... So many test can not make my pc better 

So that's what I got  , but I'll happy fine-tune my pc ..... Not only the functional but allso the visual 

And about cores .... All 6 run at 5.2 - I can not hyper-threading this CPU but I ask another place about maybe only run 4 core - but it will give no benefit 

15 hours ago, Niiranen-VR said:

Yes , but I dont wanna do  lot of test - I have now a i5 9600k that runs at 5.2 and Ram 3600 cas 15 and a GPU 2080super ..... So many test can not make my pc better 

So that's what I got  , but I'll happy fine-tune my pc ..... Not only the functional but allso the visual 

And about cores .... All 6 run at 5.2 - I can not hyper-threading this CPU but I ask another place about maybe only run 4 core - but it will give no benefit 

6 cores at 5.2 that's excellent. You have RAM at 3600 CAS 15 that's superb again in terms of IL2. I hope you have at least 16 GB of RAM and better 32. The GPU is also excellent, so I have nothing to say. What you have is a top system to play IL2. Fine tuning like playing with voltages for the memory and all that stuff, believe me I went through all of that, and in terms of effective performance gain it is not worth the effort, but as a personal pleasure it is very rewarding. 

What you need is IL2 missions made to load such a system. You may get one in a short while 🙂 

Yes , its 16 GB ram I have 

My CPU is oc , and my GPU is a little oc - I'm not an expert to that stof - the CPU is the MB  program that do it and GPU is another program ..

Maybe I'll try the ram another day ...

Yes , my system is not bad - but in the Remagen test I'm a little low compared to other similar ...... But I forgot to take the Lefuneste mod off spring test new ram and that mod take 5-10 FPS ....so ....

But I'm gaming  happy and sometimes I hit he enemy 😆

Edited by Niiranen-VR