Eisenfaustus

Timeframe for a BoN carreer?

With the planes announced and the map aimed for I guess an appropriate timeframe would start in February 1944 and end in August of the same year...

But with the planes we have from the other modules and collector planes a much bigger timeframe could be realized.

On the fighter front I think we could start in 1941 - Spit V and Hurry II vs 109 E7 and F seem fair enough. But for that we'd lack a British medium bomber to lean into France. While the RAF used Bostons in 1941 I guess it was a diffrent version from what we have in game.

Since I'm no expert on American bombers and especially their use in the RAF - with all the planes we'll have at the end of BoN - when could a channel carreer start?

• Upvote 2

I'd assume that the official in-game career for the Normandy expansion won't involve flying anything other than the aircraft included in it.  If you want to fly Spit Vs, Hurricane IIs and the earlier 109s and 190s, you'll probably have to go with whatever the community comes up with.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I would agree with what Andy says - doubtful they will at least initially do anything campaign wise that isn't specific for the plane set released with BON. You will have to look towards Patrick Wilson for any sort of more creative fiddling and earlier campaign constructions (which you should be anyway because PWCG rocks!).

However, I firmly believe that the developers in time will be doing smaller plane packages with campaigns utilizing the maps (it makes a lot of sense) in the long run - we will have to see.

• Like 1

4/44 to end of 8/44 would be my best bet. Depends on the precise map though. Seine crossing was 19th August, Paris was liberated 25th August, Amiens was liberated 31st August. Brussels was liberated 3rd September, Market Garden started 17th September.

Edited by sevenless

Ideally, I would think the natural start point for the career would be the Big Week (late February 1944) or maybe a few days before. As for the end, I think the encirclement of the Channel ports and the Liberation of Brest (if the map allows) would be a good stopping point that would flow right into the Bodenplatte career.

Everyone's guess here is about as good as mine. I'd love it if they decide to go from winter through summer on this map as that would give us a lot of flexibility for scenarios.

Part of the reason why I thought doing Normandy would be a great idea was because of the continuity between scenarios through to Bodenplatte. If the Normandy scenario ends roughly in August then we have a short jump and we're into September and the start of Bodenplatte. For owners of both, that means you can dig into a single player Career that spans all the way from say February 1944 through to April 1945. That's awesome!

• Like 1

From what I've heard the Career will take place from Spring 44 - Summer 44, so my guess is from March/April - August.` I imagine that we'll be able to fly some of the Bodenplatte aircraft in the Normandy career as well once they enter service and vice versa for Bodenplatte career.

6 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

For owners of both, that means you can dig into a single player Career that spans all the way from say February 1944 through to April 1945. That's awesome!

if you own all 5 battles, you will be able to go from 41 to 45 with a german career and rack up a ridiculous amount of kills

Edited by Hallex
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/1/2019 at 2:15 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

For owners of both, that means you can dig into a single player Career that spans all the way from say February 1944 through to April 1945. That's awesome!

Depending on Normandy career timeframe and available unit I am planning to do a KG51 career starting in 1942 and ending in 1945 flying the Ju-88, the Me410 and ending with the Me262...

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Alexmarine28 said:

Depending on Normandy career timeframe and available unit I am planning to do a KG51 career starting in 1942 and ending in 1945 flying the Ju-88, the Me410 and ending with the Me262...

That's what I'm doing right now - working on flying with I./KG 51 right now over the Stalingrad map.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

That's what I'm doing right now - working on flying with I./KG 51 right now over the Stalingrad map.

Same, did my first sortie 2 days ago :salute: