Sign in to follow this  
OBT-Lionel

Beaufigter engine heaters.

1 hour ago, OBT-Lionel said:

🤣🤣🤣  Thank you, my question is rather how to get them to "heat up" quickly ???

You cant at present. Best you can do is keep the rads shut, engage the boost cut out and keep trying to rev the nuts off em. Mostly itll end up you having to restart them if you dont catch em fast enough as they fade but I think it can be done in something like 4 or 5 mins if you get lucky.

...well perhaps 6 mins....

Edited by BOO
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, do you know if TFS has planned to reduce a little the heating time of the English engines? It is surely historical but I find it a bit long.

1 hour ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Thank you, do you know if TFS has planned to reduce a little the heating time of the English engines? It is surely historical but I find it a bit long.

I think only TFS can answer that one. Im not sure where their choice lays. The merlins can be airborne in a minute with the ole "boost n juice" but its not very realistic to do that. The blenni is much quicker than the beau.  Probably the best way to handle it is be in a squad. That way by the time everyones rebooted thier  PCs, plugged in what they should have had plugged in, sorted out why their discord or ts isnt working, downloaded the update they hadnt downloaded and generally farted about, it will probably ready to go! 🙂  

Edited by BOO
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

TF has created a 'Pre-warmed' engine option for Mission Builders... you can start the aircraft with the engines warmed.  (but still off runway)

That allows you to start and go without warmup.

We will also be reducing the cold warmup time for those who are sticklers for detail... it was a little too long.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OBT-Lionel said:

🤣🤣🤣  Thank you, my question is rather how to get them to "heat up" quickly ???

Sorry mate, but it was just too good of an opportunity, no hard feelings. :P:salute:

• Haha 1