jollyjack

NoMan's Land explosions irritating in FC1?

Well, i thought by now there must have been some fixes towards no-man's land. Those explosions and similar timed explosion light flashes are quite unrealistic ...

40 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

Those explosions and similar timed explosion light flashes are quite unrealistic ...

Really?  Tell us more about your realistic experience of being under shell fire.....

This expansion is running on a shoestring and on the verge of being one-and-done.  FC has bigger problems that we *hope* are on the radar; though I admit seeing the explosions through clouds is pretty bad.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Upvote 3

We hope that the team has the resources to to fix things like this. We'll see.

dont forget the game is constantly worked on.

Anything which irritates us will also irritate the devs :) and theyll want to fix it *if possible*

Patience is key!

2 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

This expansion is running on a shoestring and on the verge of being one-and-done.  FC has bigger problems that we *hope* are on the radar; though I admit seeing the explosions through clouds is pretty bad.

C'mon, explosion seen through clouds are nothing compare to other significant bugs focused on FC alone ( BTW ROF has same issue despite   other tech used for clouds) explosion seen throw clouds are common to all projects consist of Il-2GB - ww2 . Fact -this "problem" is present since beginning, when do clouds - 2009 ?:-))

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

dont forget the game is constantly worked on.

Anything which irritates us will also irritate the devs :) and theyll want to fix it *if possible*

Patience is key!

What pills do you take , please share?

😉 this is rhetorical question , Sorry I know we all wish the best for this genre to survive!

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

I'm not exactly sure of the visual effect being described, haven't noticed anything nefarious myself.

On the audio front however, there could do with being a lot more explosions.

The exploding shells would be heard from 10's of miles away, so there should be a fairly constant rumble of background explosions going on whenever you're near the front.

Would pep up the atmosphere a bit.

I don't think many ever played this, but the original IL2 DBW mod version had a ww1 sim in it.

I shaln't mention the flight models (although it had a Snipe), but the visual and audio effects of the front were superb.

Actually felt like there was a war on.

• Upvote 1

I honestly haven’t noticed anything wrong with the explosions myself. What exactly is the problem?

One of the issues is that you get fired upon by enemy flak while on your own side. That's flak though and not what this is about. I'm suuuure it's already been discussed as well.

Yeah it's been discussed in the J5 server thread. There is a reason for that and I think it is because the WW1 AA is bugged and we have to use WW2 AA.

14 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

I honestly haven’t noticed anything wrong with the explosions myself. What exactly is the problem?

It is not the smoke, mud of the impact but the flashing light over a huge area I find annoying. I would love to see this modded out.  I do not remember that from seeing an artillery shoot on Salisbury plain (long time ago, though).  I suspect it is a bit like the very overdone muzzle flashes: they are there IRL but so quick that barely visible in daylight: even one frame in game is a vast exageration. 

13 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Yeah it's been discussed in the J5 server thread. There is a reason for that and I think it is because the WW1 AA is bugged and we have to use WW2 AA.

Mine works OK. I think that the problem may be that someone setting up the mission has not noticed that the WW1 factions are listed separately in the ME. Easily done - I did not the first time.  So just now I set up a 13lb QF as GreatBritainWW1 faction, and a Camel as the same; fly in it's area attack zone; no firing. Change the Camel's faction to GermanyWW1 - the QF starts firing at me. 

As had been disclosed awhile ago, AA had been on the Flugpark to help locate planes without regard for faction to help pilots find one another in the more "limited" visibility conditions we find ourselves flying, in particular when the server is not as crowded.

With server usage increasing, our server admin team is considering moving towards flak that only fires upon enemy aircraft.  We've been waiting for improvements in WWI MG and AA assets as well,  before making a change. 

But this is a thread about explosions in NML, which frankly I find quite realistic (yes, I also believe flashes of explosions do penetrate through smoke), when I'm flying low.   War is distracting, isn't it?!

1000m or higher not so much.   And if it were a problem, not saying it is, there do seem to  be more important items on the to do list for the devs.

16 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

Guy with red username says explosions in no mans land are fine.  Color me surprised.  ;)

What’s wrong with them?

1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

What’s wrong with them?

What DO the red names in game mean anyway?

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Do you mean the red name in the forum?

No I've seen red names in game.... or does that correspond to the enemy?

3 hours ago, Adam said:

No I've seen red names in game.... or does that correspond to the enemy?

If you're on a server with icons on, yes.

On 11/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, US213_Talbot said:

You should, like, spend more time shooting people down, man.

facebook.png

Duder!.............

On 11/30/2019 at 2:38 PM, jollyjack said:

Well, i thought by now there must have been some fixes towards no-man's land. Those explosions and similar timed explosion light flashes are quite unrealistic ...

Are you using Nvidia super-sampling?  I ask because I got weird lighting affects with explosions when I tried using Nvidia super-sampling.

Edited by US93_Furlow
  • Upvote 1

I think we should all just be thankful that ambient flak is no longer a thing! Explosions in NML look fine to me, although I preferred the heavier dust cloud over NML in ROF to FC. The FC cloud seems much lighter and less noticeable..

• Upvote 2

This ambient shelling can be improved, those explosion are from ww2, watching videos  of war in trenches  , explosion were more focused in particular area with objective  to knock out ,  sure there was also  barrage fire before push. Another thing is the time of initial blow animation  is to slow IMHO and  dust  cloud is present for to long. ROF had it quicker , more dynamic and more realistic to me. Worst from visuals is the Z fighting (flickering in and out) between different small clouds composed  together which build big mushroom.  Must see the "They shall not grow old"  documentary by Peter Jackson   to confirm because most  original  footage are fast forward.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

If you're on a server with icons on, yes.

No, icons off. Names in chat box I mean

Edited by Adam

On 12/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, US93_Furlow said:

Are you using Nvidia super-sampling?  I ask because I got weird lighting affects with explosions when I tried using Nvidia super-sampling.

i think so .... got nvdia.

1 hour ago, jollyjack said:

i think so .... got nvdia.

If that is the case go to your Nvidia control panel and turn off the anti-aliasing transparency option.  This is the setting that applies super-sampling and turning it off should help fix the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, US93_Furlow said:

If that is the case go to your Nvidia control panel and turn off the anti-aliasing transparency option.  This is the setting that applies super-sampling and turning it off should help fix the issue.

You are right: I had Nvidea transparency option on at x8, I think from a long ago post about optimizing BoX graphics. With that I get a yellow flash over the whole tile. Turning it off and that is completely gone, except for the small flash in the middle of the shell burst, where it belongs.

Thank you! 

Thanx, that fixed it !. However i feel the graphics are a bit less now??

Edited by jollyjack

Multisample works ok for me - no issues. Only supersampling was causing problems.

• Thanks 1

I think the explosions are the best I heard from any game so far, when it's close it actually kicks my force feed back , plus at the moment I don't think the balloons are shooting any flares so the flak helps to find any enemy when close or over the mud, helped save my ass a couple of times. 

• Like 1