Sign in to follow this  
BB-Madman

Possible sound issue since the latest patch?

When flying inside the cockpit, I don't seem to hear bullets hitting my plane anymore. I just got hammered in a mission (holes everywhere in the plane and canopy, engine shot out) and I didn't hear a thing. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? Thanks. 

Along with this it would be nice if they’d fix the wind sounds in the p51 when leaning to either side of the cockpit. It shouldn’t sound like the canopy is open... Seems  like it would have been an easy fix as part of the last patch and I was surprised it wasn’t corrected. 

• Upvote 1

I have had this happen as well. The change to the new FMOD sound engine either introduced or reintroduced a number of bugs. I expect we will see lots of patching going forward

By the way the invisible plane bug was introduced once again also.  Geez.  

Its just a round robin.  Lol

On 11/30/2019 at 7:41 AM, TheSNAFU said:

Along with this it would be nice if they’d fix the wind sounds in the p51 when leaning to either side of the cockpit. It shouldn’t sound like the canopy is open... Seems  like it would have been an easy fix as part of the last patch and I was surprised it wasn’t corrected. 

...and not just the ‘51 either. I’ve noticed this inside the cockpit when leaning off to the side in VR with others as well. Used to not be that way until fairly recently though.

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:41 AM, TheSNAFU said:

Along with this it would be nice if they’d fix the wind sounds in the p51 when leaning to either side of the cockpit. It shouldn’t sound like the canopy is open... 

Same in the P38

11 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Ditto to all these issues.

Agreed.  Hopefully the devs. will address in the next patch.  Sound matters.

BTW BlizPig_EL I grew up in the Black Swamp area in Northwest OH.  It's rare to find someone, even from the area, that knows the "Black Swamp" history.