AI Pilots Still Seem to Pull Impossibly High G's.

FretterFretter

FretterFretter

In update 4.001, it was announced that in point #60 that "AI pilots try not to exceed 5G (6G if they have anti-G suits) to prevent the loss of consciousness." It seems to me that AI pilots are still pulling impossibly high g's--either that or my virtual pilot has the physical stamina of a 90-year-old woman. The disparity is too much. I can be pulling lag pursuit and black out whereas AI pilots just keep turning tighter.

When they first introduced this - wasn't there an issue with it being easy to trick the AI into blacking out and crashing? I believe they use the same phisio & flight models as the player  ... at least when it comes to the controls, the difference might be that the AI is still able to see while blacked out though?

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, FretterFretter said:

In update 4.001, it was announced that in point #60 that "AI pilots try not to exceed 5G (6G if they have anti-G suits) to prevent the loss of consciousness." It seems to me that AI pilots are still pulling impossibly high g's--either that or my virtual pilot has the physical stamina of a 90-year-old woman. The disparity is too much. I can be pulling lag pursuit and black out whereas AI pilots just keep turning tighter.

I haven't seen this happen yet. Are you absolutely sure they are pulling high G's or is your perception that they are? If you record them in track files you'll probably see that they aren't doing more than the 5-6G... or if you do catch them then that might be interesting to share with the devs.

ZachariasX
2 hours ago, FretterFretter said:

I can be pulling lag pursuit and black out whereas AI pilots just keep turning tighter.

You just need to be a tad faster and this is what happens, especially when going at 300+ mph. As it should be. Learn out of plane maneuvering to stay in the vertical when going at higher energy than your mark. And you are going at higher energy, else you wouldn‘t catch him.

• Upvote 1
Mac_Messer

IMO it was either changed back to pre 4.01 or G limit to gloc has been increased. AI definitely pulls insane stunts now, blackouts only at the end of maneuver when already in level flight.

Edited by Mac_Messer
Yogiflight

I already posted in another thread, I had the same feelings, until I recognized, that the reason might be, that you can pull more G's when you are fresh. Once you where already hard turning,  you grey- and blackout much earlier. The point is, AI usually only flies hard turning manouevers with the player, when an AI is chased by another AI, he usually flies a smart turn. So the AI is rested, when he starts his fight with you and therefore can pull more G's than you.

• Upvote 3
MasserME262
9 hours ago, FretterFretter said:

my virtual pilot has the physical stamina of a 90-year-old woman

now that's what I call over exaggeration lol

sniperton
3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

I already posted in another thread, I had the same feelings, until I recognized, that the reason might be, that you can pull more G's when you are fresh. Once you where already hard turning,  you grey- and blackout much earlier. The point is, AI usually only flies hard turning manouevers with the player, when an AI is chased by another AI, he usually flies a smart turn. So the AI is rested, when he starts his fight with you and therefore can pull more G's than you.

Maybe just a placebo effect, but I have the impression that you, too, can make to AI tired by forcing him into high-G turns while carefully conserving your fitness (e.g. you expand and don't follow him in those turns). Playing this game for 5 to 7 minutes usually makes the AI quite tame at the end.

Edited by sniperton
Yogiflight
2 hours ago, sniperton said:

Maybe just a placebo effect, but I have the impression that you, too, can make to AI tired by forcing him into high-G turns while carefully conserving your fitness (e.g. you expand and don't follow him in those turns). Playing this game for 5 to 7 minutes usually makes the AI quite tame at the end.

Should definitely work, if you can play it that way.

SharpeXB
13 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Learn out of plane maneuvering 

This!

What’s cool about the physiology is that you really have to pay attention to the pursuit curves and maneuvers. If the bandit breaks into you and you try to just follow in plane you’ll pull much higher Gs than they will and it will affect you hard. The correct maneuvers now have much more meaning. 

Edited by SharpeXB
21 hours ago, FretterFretter said:

What’s his speed, and what’s yours? 

The pursuit curve you’re on has nothing to do with the G you’re pulling. You could be pulling 9 Gs with your nose in lag...

Edit: grammar 

Edited by GP*
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
[APAF]VR_Spartan85

I think if you can get a tacview recording, review it, should help to figure the numbers out...  not 100% accurate, but at least it will help a bit

• Upvote 2
busdriver
1 hour ago, spartan85 said:

I think if you can get a tacview recording, review it, should help to figure the numbers out...  not 100% accurate, but at least it will help a bit

This. 

On 11/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, FretterFretter said:

Ehh, if they pull too many g's, I will just go into a high yoyo and let them bleed the energy. If they level out, I will roll out of the yoyo into a scissors and jump in lag pursuit. If you dont pull back on the stick with the nose down much, you get a lot of energy. If they pull a hard G turn I will just go back into the high yoyo, lather, rinse, and repeat until I have my guns on target.