Sign in to follow this  
ATAG_Pattle

TFS 5.0 Ju 88C-2

https://ibb.co/album/ifXzfa

This is the early short wing version based on the Ju-88A-1 which flew in the BoB mostly as a night intruder over British bomber fields in England. It is armed with 1 MG/FFM 20mm and four 7.92mm forward firing, and two rear defensive MG's.

We are building four total Ju-88C's. The other versions are; Ju-88C-2 'long wing' version based on Ju-88A-5, Ju-88C-4, which was based on the Ju-88A-5-Late and had the up-rated Jumo 211F engine, and Ju-88C-4-Late, which additionally had two extra forward firing MG/FFM 20mm in the under nose gondola.

Cheers, 

TFS Team

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

Nice Pattle👍

However, wouldn't the A-11 be more  appropriate for N. Africa?

:salute:

skud

2 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Nice Pattle👍

However, wouldn't the A-11 be more  appropriate for N. Africa?

:salute:

skud

We will be building tropical versions of these models.

As well as the A type Ju-88's.

A-11 was a factory built tropical version of the A-4... but there were earlier field mod tropical versions of the A-5.

Brilliant! I love the early and varied variants! Much more than I expected! Should be very interesting to encounter a C-1 in a Blenheim!

2 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Brilliant! I love the early and varied variants! Much more than I expected! Should be very interesting to encounter a C-1 in a Blenheim!

We are not building the C-1... that version kept the A-1 glass cockpit, not the hard nose, and didn't have the armour plate to protect the pilot.

Very few were built and most were converted to early C-2 standard quickly.

15 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

We are not building the C-1... that version kept the A-1 glass cockpit, not the hard nose, and didn't have the armour plate to protect the pilot.

Very few were built and most were converted to early C-2 standard quickly.

Sorry! Got over excited - I meant C-1 'short span' version! Anyway - The point was that there will be more early model Cs than I ever thought I'd C... and I'm happy! 😄

Since the screenshots are over the water :P I was wondering, is it going to be fixed/improved for 5.0? Like planes wont sink instantly if you try to land on water, now they just sink in that texture and you see some weird graphic effects when you do water landing.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:06 AM, InProgress said:

Since the screenshots are over the water :P I was wondering, is it going to be fixed/improved for 5.0? Like planes wont sink instantly if you try to land on water, now they just sink in that texture and you see some weird graphic effects when you do water landing.

In CoD Aircraft don't sink immediately if they are landed at low speed... it takes a little time.

But the fact is, any study of the real types showed the time between impact and the moment the aircraft sank was very short.

Multi ton metal objects do not float well.  😉

8 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

In CoD Aircraft don't sink immediately if they are landed at low speed... it takes a little time.

But the fact is, any study of the real types showed the time between impact and the moment the aircraft sank was very short.

3715f45ba7e90e1e8fbe484675a25ef2.jpg

090625-F-1234K-206.jpg

I mean this. In clod your tail is just up a bit but everything else is under water. I know plane would sink really fast but if you "land" like this, it still should float for a bit before water fills it inside.

Edited by InProgress

I think this is specially true if the fuel tanks are mostly empty and the wing survives impact more or less whole. The thing should float well for a while. Also, it's mostly aluminium. The problem is if the airframe is so wrecked that it will let in water quickly. 

South and Central American Drug dealers would frequently rob low-wing airplanes, you know, Navajos, Senecas etc., and fly them with little fuel towards ships in the open seas. They would ditch in the water next to the ships and unload their cargos onto boats, with plenty of time before the airplane sank. It was common practice, perhaps it still is. 

Just now, Buzzsaw said:

USS Enterprise was about 94, 000 metric tons and that floated rather well. 😉

18 hours ago, InProgress said:

3715f45ba7e90e1e8fbe484675a25ef2.jpg

090625-F-1234K-206.jpg

I mean this. In clod your tail is just up a bit but everything else is under water. I know plane would sink really fast but if you "land" like this, it still should float for a bit before water fills it inside.

Both of the aircraft shown are resting on the ocean bottom.

As far as I can remember, first is just offshore in shallow water in the channel, second is on a reef in Pacific.

Most aircraft sunk very quickly... some were worse than others.

Here is a video of what I believe is an Avenger or Hellcat ditching in the ocean.  (and quite a calm ocean)

You will notice it goes completely under water on impact... which was quite common.

A poem written about ditching characteristics of Beaufighter:

When a Beau goes in
Into the drink
It makes you think,
Because, you see, they always sink;
But nobody says "Poor lad!"
Or goes about looking sad;
Because, you see, it's war,
It's the unalterable law.

Although it's perfectly certain
The pilot's gone for a Burton
And the observer too,