Sign in to follow this  
CB77Don246

Payment

I have purchased all using Paypal but I do not have a Paypal account now as I had a lot of problems with them and it was so hard to get in touch with them so if I purchase any more like Normandy hows the best way to pay, I do not like giving out my bank card details online so can any one tell me a safe alternative?

I had a paranoid friend once, he had two methods for this.

1. use a credit card to pay the balance. if your credit card is charged wrongly, or used by swindlers - the credit card company is responsible. when you get your monthly bill, you can easily check what has been charged before you pay it.

2. Have a separate account with a debit card. In this account you have a balance of 0, then transfer in just the right amount of money before purchase. The rest of the time, the account is empty.

That said, I think it's safe to leave your details with Xolla payments, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Sig_NOR said:

1. use a credit card to pay the balance. if your credit card is charged wrongly, or used by swindlers - the credit card company is responsible. when you get your monthly bill, you can easily check what has been charged before you pay it.

2. Have a separate account with a debit card. In this account you have a balance of 0, then transfer in just the right amount of money before purchase. The rest of the time, the account is empty.

That said, I think it's safe to leave your details with Xolla payments, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the reply, at 75 I find it all a bit confusing. I have never had a credit card I do have a debit card so I will go for your number 2 with a separate account than you again.

You'll need a separate debit card for that account my friend.

I understand why it can feel scary to leave card details online, it requires a degree of trust. Now, I've never had any problems with Xolla Payments, which is the company that processes the payments for IL2. Or make a new paypal account maybe?

Credit card all the way. I’ve used it for each and every module back to the RoF beginnings and have never had a problem. The big thing with a credit card is if a problem ever does arrive, they have your back and it can be disputed. 

Do I save my card for future use? Never. Incase they do indeed get hacked it’s one less thing I have to deal with in my life. 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, Sig_NOR said:

Rofl...that one line is too funny...lol...

i have a skrill credit card that i use to back up paypal i dont even own a back account, im a true rebel

I use disposable prepaid credit cards online. Might cost me $5 to buy the card, so it costs me $305 to have $300 worth of purchases, but no ID theft, no info given out, no double payments, no "automatic monthly payments" taken out.

I'll pay the $5 for the security and peace of mind.