[ASOR]Pharoah

Medium bombers

Hi guys

Really happy with the Normandy release and plane set EXCEPT the fact that the Dakota and Marauder are AI only. We need more medium bombers (esp since we can't get heavies). I was hoping any release would come with more large multi engine a/c (ie. larger than the mosquito).

Is there any plan to make it flyable? I'm happy to pay for this as a collectors item. I'm sure others are as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 15

The B-26 is one of my dreams and the fact that it's going to be an AI aircraft gives me hope that we'll see it made flyable one day.

I imagine it's going to be a B-26B as that was the most common variant.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

when they anounce b-25, that we have as AI in bobp, as playable collectable, then ppl better buy it like crazy. As that will influance them to make other AI only as collectable also, its only way when making them takes more time/money then fighters. Them anouncing AI C-47 and B-26 is already good sign, so when time comes for B-25 collectable thouse hoping for more bombers in game better get as many b-25s as posible.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 17

59 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

when they anounce b-25, that we have as AI in bobp, as playable collectable, then ppl better buy it like crazy. As that will influance them to make other AI only as collectable also, its only way when making them takes more time/money then fighters. Them anouncing AI C-47 and B-26 is already good sign, so when time comes for B-25 collectable thouse hoping for more bombers in game better get as many b-25s as posible.

Upvote.

I bought BON to support the devs, but i'm very dissapointed that they are only pleasing the fighter crowd on the allied side.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Agreed. I'd say the apparent "doubling down" on AI only mediums for the allies is my only real disappointment with this announcement.

I can only hope that this means they are planning on doing flyable collector's edition for those bombers. The omission is too glaring otherwise.

30 minutes ago, SAG said:

I bought BON to support the devs, but i'm very dissapointed that they are only pleasing the fighter crowd on the allied side.

Err, mosquito?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I know its probably been mentioned elsewhere however the IL2 engine needs to be able to cope with massed bomber formations. It doesn't have to be modelled in detail (except maybe the damage) but we definitely need it. Strategic and tactical bombing was a key part of WW2...thats where the Luftwaffe on the WTO focused their fighters, and what the RAF/USAAF focused their fighters on protecting. 

What would be awesome would be for us to be able to generate AI bomber flights (assuming we had the B25 or B26 as flyable) so you spawn as bomber leader and you get 3 bomber AI wingmen who fly perfect formation and don't leave the formation unless otherwise ordered. Imagine forming up over England then heading out protected by fighters...knowing every german fighter is going to be gunning for you and your wingmen!

• Upvote 3

im guessing an earlier model b-25 because it was also supplied to the soviets. would be a two-for 

Edited by gimpy117

On 11/27/2019 at 4:30 AM, [1/KG]_Cathal_Brugha said:

We already have the ju52 flyable, why not the c47? Would also love to see the b25 and b26 flyable.

Perhaps that's exactly why. Perhaps Ju 52 didn't sell as good as to at least cover the expenses of modelling...

• Upvote 1

i guess the most players want to shoot at something, or at least bomb something!

I personaly would buy a Dakota , but just to support the team,i  would never fly it - i would not know why i should!

I suspect they aren't planned to be fly able yet because they don't have a solid go on the AI changes needed yet. Recall they only just hired the new AI coder and it usually takes about six months to get productive.

I'd look for something no sooner than summer 2020.

21 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

Perhaps that's exactly why. Perhaps Ju 52 didn't sell as good as to at least cover the expenses of modelling...

That is my fear as well, maybe the Ju52 was a flop and thus we wont be getting more cargo planes or hell, even twin engine bombers... (I wonder how sales went with the U2 as well)

4 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

B25 / B26 C47 with multiplayer co-pilot / bombardier functionality would be epic

A functional co-pilot and bombardier role would be most excellent, especially alongside some functional map tools to plot navigation in-game. I usually take a friend up online in my bomber, but he spends a lot of time twiddling thumbs in the gun seat. Hell, it would be nice if a gunner could even actively swap seats in an aircraft rather than having to 'finish' a sortie and re-enter. There's work that needs doing with bombers, and it's unfortunate that they have taken a backseat again in BoN. I was fair amazed to see that even the Dakota is going to be an AI-only aircraft. Without improvements to their functionality, I'm afraid it's the last module I'll purchase in the BoX series. I'm not interested in buying more versions of the 109, the Spitfire or the 190.

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 2

Bombers definitely need some love. Alas they probably don't balance the books, which is a massive shame.

Any medium/heavy bomber and Cargo plane would be a day 1 buy for me, I have enough fighters already.

• Upvote 3

Long time ago, as the Ju52 was under development, the Devs said, they want to make every plane ingame flyable, time After time and step by step. 

Lets just wait for the final products. 

The BON lineup is one of my most wanted planes since years in any flightsim 

• Upvote 2

On 12/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, CrazyDuck said:

My guess is, the main reason currently might be the time, not the money. With three projects running at the same time, even with help from other teams, there simply was not the time to develop a flyable bomber. We'll see what the future will bring.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:57 PM, SAG said:

I would say fighter crows on both sides.

I cringe everytime I read "devs prefer X faction over Y faction". Hell, man....

On 12/2/2019 at 5:05 AM, CrazyDuck said:

how can you expect the Ju52 to sell well?

You just cant compare a Ju52 with an allied heavy bomber, which plenty of players want and had been asking for several months (years) already. There's a world of difference.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

I was hoping any release would come with more large multi engine a/c (ie. larger than the mosquito).

Is there any plan to make it flyable? I'm happy to pay for this as a collectors item. I'm sure others are as well.

1. Perhaps after BON, they'll do the Battle of Berlin, which may include an AI B-17, or B-24.

2. Ugra Media, the team making FC have a contract to make the Li-2. With the C-47 released as AI, that will likely just give them the cockpit of the C-47 as well as the guns for the Li-2 to make. Perhaps in IL-2 Battle of Midway the B-26 will become flyable, and at some point the B-25D.

On 11/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, SAG said:

When I started the Battle of Rhineland career (Bodenplatte) there were just 2 British and 2-3 American planes, compared to the many German planes. With the Allied plane set for BON we can get a lot more British and American planes to fill in the empty gaps. The Me-410, Arado 234, and Ju-88C-6 will be lots of fun IMO.

The only one that interests me in the new battle is AR 234, I will buy it individually, the fighters are more of the same.
Repetition and repetition of fighters ..... (Mosquito and Me410 do not attract me)
Too bad they forget the bomber pilots.

With the position of the pilot, navigator, bomber and tail gunner, satisfied, ... I do not need more gunner positions.

The decision is yours .... the desire is ours.

Cheers

El unico  que me interesa en la nueva batalla es el AR 234 ,  lo comprare de forma individual , los cazas es mas de lo mismo .
Repeticion y repeticion de cazas.....( Mosquito y Me410 no me atraen)
Es una lastima que se olviden de los pilotos de bombarderos .

Con disponer del puesto del piloto , navegante ,bombardero y artillero de cola ,  satisfecho ,.... no necesito mas puestos de artilleros .

La decision es suya ....las ganas son nuestras .

saludos 

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Upvote 1

i don't relay care what kind of bomber it is, but allied side needs some more bombers ideally heavy or medium. while axes getting bombers allied getting fighters. and war is always is win by bombers 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, Legioneod said:

The B-26 is one of my dreams and the fact that it's going to be an AI aircraft gives me hope that we'll see it made flyable one day.

I imagine it's going to be a B-26B as that was the most common variant.

Exactly. With this being done to the ‘25 I can easily see one day down the line those becoming flyable too,  especially the C-47 as there’s nothing else to fly for the allies that is like the JU-52 and the modeling for the devs would be easier. Boring? I guess it’s in the eyes of the beholder. I’ve done plenty of career time in the Junkers.

I really can’t wait to see how the B-25 is to pilot. I love the A-20 BTW. For what it is handles like a dream and very predictable - at least for me it is. One of the most stable of aircrafts to land.

Edited by BornToBattle

On 12/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, [ASOR]Pharoah said:

The 2000kg payload and long-range really make the bomber version of the Mosquito classed as a fast medium bomber (schnellbomber).

Most of the photo-recon was done by PR variants... the list should include intruder (rather than light-bomber or fighter-bomber)... although the FB was used as a night fighter with serrat homing...

I kindof want an A-20G-1 eventually (but that wouldn't be relevant to BoN - it is more of an East thing)... so good luck with getting the B-25 or B-26 flyable I suppose?

Anyway, don't insult the Mossie ;)

Edited by Avimimus

Since we are on the topic, what are the news on the A20 becoming flyable in the BoBp career? There is an unit on the map equiped with it but it does not appear to be available for choosing.

i belive it was said they have vvs bombs so ppl would complain and ask for western loudouts and so on ... give hand they take a whole arm thing i guess. So best to leve it in ai use only for west.

Edited by 77.CountZero

It's kind of pathetic the only bomber America has is the A-20. I would pay for a B-17 as much as a whole new game.

And I know they can easily find flight data for every US heavy/medium bomber if they're adding the Arado... 

Edited by Y-29.Silky

I don't believe they will be making the B-25 flyable... won't sell enough unfortunately. I would absolutely buy it, hopefully I will be proven otherwise.

15 hours ago, Y-29.Silky said:

It's kind of pathetic the only bomber America has is the A-20. I would pay for a B-17 as much as a whole new game.

And I know they can easily find flight data for every US heavy/medium bomber if they're adding the Arado... 

German medium bombers = 2 (3 if the Bf-110 counts)

Russian medium bombers = 1

British medium bombers = 1

American medium bombers = 1 (+2 AI only)

So your argument equally works for people who want an Il-4... after-all, we have three Eastern theatres and no Il-4 (even if just for the AI)... and it was common in all of the theatres.

Not to mention the Tu-2 (relevant to Velikiye Luki, Kursk) & SB-2 (relevant to Moscow) or the heavy bombers etc.

I think the developers feel a pressure for making one more us bomber and transporter flyable. 
I kind of have a understanding on Jasons ambitions and what he actually can do, and think the ambitions are similar to what we wish. 
I now hope for my sake that B 26 is the first flyable bomber and C 47 as a transporter.

• Like 1

As someone who has read about the various production models... but not the operational histories and has little idea about what the flight experience would be like:

Is there are reason I should desire the B-26 over the B-25? Also, what of the A-26? What are the pros and cons?

7 hours ago, Avimimus said:

German medium bombers = 2 (3 if the Bf-110 counts)

Russian medium bombers = 1

British medium bombers = 1

American medium bombers = 1 (+2 AI only)

Germany is the only country in game currently with medium bombers, every other country either has attack aircraft or fighter bombers.

B-25/B-26 are the first allied medium bombers in-game and they are AI only. Hopefully we can get them as flyable one-day so the allied can have a proper medium bomber.

9 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

As someone who has read about the various production models... but not the operational histories and has little idea about what the flight experience would be like:

Is there are reason I should desire the B-26 over the B-25? Also, what of the A-26? What are the pros and cons?

B-26 served mostly in ETO so just from a scenario standpoint it's more desirable to have a B-26 vs a B-25 for Bodenplatte/Normandy.

B-26 also has a higher bomb load and higher top speed down low iirc though it does have a lower service ceiling. I do think the B-25 has a better defensive armament depending on the model but overall I'd choose a B-26.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Avimimus said:

B-25 was only flown by the RAF in the ETO, while the B-26 was used by the Americans in the same theater. 

52 minutes ago, danielprates said:

So the reason we can't fly the A20 in western Europe is because the bombs modeled are Russian? For god's sake...! 

You'd be amazed at the flack the devs would get if they did that from some quarters.

Have some faith  though, if something irritates us know that it also irritates the devs. Wait and see!

That said, did I not see a mod out to achieve this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, danielprates said:

So the reason we can't fly the A20 in western Europe is because the bombs modeled are Russian? For god's sake...! 

Really depends if A20B's where used in western europe, most where send to the soviets and as far as I know the main variants used in western europe where A20G and J's which had quite some changes that would require an new model.