-=PHX=-Geo-

Where is BoP???

Really i was thinking that the new theatre would be in the Pacific but surprise... and more surprise the C47 will be IA. Are they really hearing us?

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

BoP is more likely to be Battle of Poland.   

Well seems we'll get Poland before PTO! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Well seems we'll get Poland before PTO! 😂

seems we'll get Battle of Paraguay before PTO lol

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

seems we'll get Battle of Paraguay before PTO lol

Ooooooh just think of that sexeh plane set!!!!!

PTO is massive funding. I don’t think Jason get it through 1C 

I am guessing of course. But my impression was that he really would love to do it but we aint enough customers. 

We dont need now PTO. We need finish wester front 1945 about Battle of Berlin and then we can go on pacific. Is a problem to get data on Japanese aircraft.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Art said:

We dont need now PTO. We need finish wester front 1945 about Battle of Berlin and then we can go on pacific. Is a problem to get data on Japanese aircraft.

And thats probably what well get after BoN if game is still alive, move to east front and probably finish it of with late war airplanes missing for vvs. La-7s Yak-3s, P-39s late Yak-9s maybe and add late Il-2 or Il-10 and Tu-2s, thats why they have to save 109g10 and 190a9 so axis have some fighters for dlc.

• Like 2

Somebody find that rich guy that bought the rights to Master of Orion, then developed the latest game- just so his kids would get to experience the same feeling he did playing it as a kid.

Maybe he was into flight sims too.  ;)

18 minutes ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

PTO is massive funding. I don’t think Jason get it through 1C 

I am guessing of course. But my impression was that he really would love to do it but we aint enough customers. 

They had funds to develop 3 titles at the same time hiring 3rd party studios so money isn't excusse!

Business is business (Richard Pryor😂), so i think many things affected PTO delays we don't know about (among Jap doc.) and Jason isn't only one making decisions there so his dream has little to zero influence on final decision, 1C board could be Baba Yaga in this scenario🤪.

My impression is first delay was mostly cos they saw opportunity to earn 3 times more money and expand business with TC and FC which is great.

More money=more manpower=more products.

Second delay is due TC and FC sales flop draining funds from main project so they went for BoN which isn't challenge as PTO or they simply wanted to continue with ETO and sell what will sell good.

BoN is popular and will sell well, most of the planeset are recycled from BoBp and Normandy map tech is there (also from BoBp) so it's somewhat "easy money".

Tl;dr: If they had funds for 3 titles than they had funds for PTO and Jap manuals translation.

The packs we got cost 3x 80 bucks while pto cost 1x80 bucks that is the difference

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

They had funds to develop 3 titles at the same time hiring 3rd party studios so money isn't excusse!

2 minutes ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

The packs we got cost 3x 80 bucks while pto cost 1x80 bucks that is the difference

You said there was no funds to go pto and playerbase wasn't big enought to fund it!

I replied there was enlugh funds to develop 3 titles.

It was not about how much will the'll earn, by that mean pto maybe could earn more than TC and FC,we don't know numbers but FC&TC MP are really low on numbers for a MP game.

• Upvote 1

Pto is far more expencive to make

and it is a assumption. 
we have two choices . Buy what they offer or do not. 
I got pissed for a while myself not getting PTO. But thinking about it. I cannot complain about a product I do not have. 

Edited by No.322_LuseKofte

5 minutes ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

Pto is far more expencive to make

and it is a assumption. 
we have two choices . Buy what they offer or do not. 
I got pissed for a while myself not getting PTO. But thinking about it. I cannot complain about a product I do not have. 

For that first line; it is assumption from our views, we don't know what they know.

When PTO was announced problem was translations as i remeber.

For the rest, i agree!

I'm not one of those who left when BoN was annoumced and PTO canceled/delayed, out of anger.

I just adjusted my mindset by accepting we won't get PTO in GB and stopped full support by buying everything to "i will buy only what i like to fly".

So currently hurricane and yaks are a no for me while i will buy collector Spit.xiv and maybe BoN some day.

I still want success to this game as i will play it as my main pc occupation :)

2 hours ago, Art said:

Is a problem to get data on Japanese aircraft.

Yeah, that's true, but the implications are debatable. Having done some research on Japanese aircraft myself, I'm utterly aware how lacking historical data even on some major aircraft types can be (even Kate comes to mind, among others).

However, even with well researched western and Russian types a sim developer team must make certain assumptions, predictions and guesses. When it comes to less researched and recorded types, this spectrum of things they have to guesstimate only broadens. 

So, no, I don't think they should avoid doing the same for Japanese aircraft (under justification of lacking data). On the contrary - that's actually what I'd expect from a sim developer team to do (with the same justification!). I mean, who on Earth is more skilled, better suited and more objective for the task than them?

Nobody is a bigger a PTO freak than me - I’ve been obsessed with flying the Zero again - but nothing to do but get on with it.

In my case in particular I need to just be a good soldier, put my head down and get content out the door for whatever is happening. It happens to be Normandy, so that’s what I’ll work on when my current job cue is clear - at least that’s my intent.

Putting on my ‘customer’ hat only for a moment, I would appreciate a long term plan. If PTO is not in the cards then OK, just tell me so that it’s not swirling about in the back of my mind for another 19 months.

That said the realities of Jason’s work environment don’t necessarily allow for this. I’ve had enough conversations with him over the years to have an impression of just how difficult his job is, and to KNOW that if PTO doesn’t happen, it’s despite his best efforts. I trust him fully here. Thus the last thing I can ever do is get angry over this, and there’s too much good stuff coming to live in a space of disappointment - and too much to do.

I have high hopes for this next expansion - MOSQUITO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CrazyDuck said:

Yeah, that's true, but the implications are debatable. Having done some research on Japanese aircraft myself, I'm utterly aware how lacking historical data even on some major aircraft types can be (even Kate comes to mind, among others).

However, even with well researched western and Russian types a sim developer team must make certain assumptions, predictions and guesses. When it comes to less researched and recorded types, this spectrum of things they have to guesstimate only broadens. 

So, no, I don't think they should avoid doing the same for Japanese aircraft (under justification of lacking data). On the contrary - that's actually what I'd expect from a sim developer team to do (with the same justification!). I mean, who on Earth is more skilled, better suited and more objective for the task than them?

We still wait @Jason_Williams statement on PTO, it should make things clear.

But from his September post (about not being able to develop something to il2 standars due to lack of data) and further PTO delay i don't think we'll see PTO in GB.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure when Jason has something concrete to tell us we will be the first to know... he is well aware just how much people are looking forward to it.

Give him a break for gods sake.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Second delay is due TC and FC sales flop draining funds from main project

Its the first time I hear about this, I was actually wondering about it myself. They didn't sell well?

You guys joke, but I actually would buy Battle of Paraguay before any of the new Western front expansions. And since the Ju-52's already done, Bolivia's already got a plane!

f5e7c5ede10d44c72c1cf138344a3d90[1].jpg

9 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Its the first time I hear about this, I was actually wondering about it myself. They didn't sell well?

Have no idea, pto dissapointment talking out of me!

To early to say even if i know, FC still needs to come on Steam and TC isn't finished yet so take it as a nonsense.

I hope FC will get success!