Sign in to follow this  
Vladivostok

Price increase?

Hello

At the time of BOB's announcement, the pre-order was 69.99 for a final price of 79.99.
For Battle of Normandy I see that the pre-order is 79.99 for a final price of 89.99.

Is there a particular reason for this increase? I don't want to be controversial, I'd just like to know if there's a particular reason for this change in pricing policy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Vladivostok said:

Hello

At the time of BOB's announcement, the pre-order was 69.99 for a final price of 79.99.
For Battle of Normandy I see that the pre-order is 79.99 for a final price of 89.99.

Is there a particular reason for this increase? I don't want to be controversial, I'd just like to know if there's a particular reason for this change in pricing policy.

At a guess, inflation. When your costs go up, your prices usually have to too...

The old pricing structure goes back through several previous titles, maybe it is simply a case that the devs have finally decided to add on a bit to allow for a few years inflation. Many things cost more than they did five or six years ago.

Edit @AndyJWestSeems we both posted the same comment simultaneously

Edited by HappyHaddock

Everything else I buy has gone up in price since I bought original BoS, but it also has bigger map and + AI aircraft so that is a bonus

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Vladivostok said:

Hello

I don't think it's a change in pricing policy, I think it's because of everything they have to do for BON. For Bodenplatte it was 10 planes plus AI bomber. For BON it will be 10 planes plus AI Bomber, AI Transport plane, and AI V-1s. Return on investment. An AI B-26 and C-47 is totally worth the extra $10 IMO.

• Upvote 1

Especially if it eventually leads to flyable Dakota... 

But then I may be biased 😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Vladivostok said:

Hello

Yes, there is a particular reason.

It's called staying in business.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Gambit21 said:

Yes, there is a particular reason.

It's called staying in business.

And that's a very good reason. I was just asking the question. I'm not complaining, it would be a little indecent for 10 bucks, when I don't even dare to calculate how much this hobby costs me between software and hardware. I just thought it was just that the increase was being done a little behind the scenes and I like transparency.

4 minutes ago, Dakpilot said:

Especially if it eventually leads to flyable Dakota... 

But then I may be biased 😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

No. It's the people that don't want a flyable Dakota that are biased.;)

Just now, Vladivostok said:

And that's a very good reason. I was just asking the question. I'm not complaining, it would be a little indecent for 10 bucks, when I don't even dare to calculate how much this hobby costs me between software and hardware. I just thought it was just that the increase was being done a little behind the scenes and I like transparency.

It's a tough balance, where is the line between selling more units at a lower price point vs fewer at a higher price point...not easy.

As far as transparency I don't see anything wrong with how Jason has gone about this. We have to expect it to go up sometime...I mean look at how cheaply they give these modules away later on in their cycle. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Their recent addition of a dedicated AI programmer alone is worth the added price.  :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Let us not forget that one plane module on another site costs almost as much, include a map, and it will add up to more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Taxman said:

Let us not forget that one plane module on another site costs almost as much, include a map, and it will add up to more.

And without forgetting that at least we have the guarantee of having a coherent planeset  😄

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Vladivostok said:

And without forgetting that at least we have the guarantee of having a coherent planeset  😄

Aye

So apparently this is also a bigger game than their usual modules are: 

I do recall they are including pre and post invasion maps, so we're probably going to have a *lot* of options with this one. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

So apparently this is also a bigger game than their usual modules are: 

I do recall they are including pre and post invasion maps, so we're probably going to have a *lot* of options with this one. 

If I had seen this message before that would have saved me from making a useless topic.... Mea culpa! But at least I would have gotten my answers and nice messages from the community. Fly safe!

I consider the extra 10 bucks a thumbs up for their progress with improving the sim so far. But the next expansion better be PTO (even if its 80 bucks + your firstborn for preorder) :P

Edited by Mauf

I don't like the extra $10, but I'm totally happy with it. Things cost more - it's the wretched global economy we live in. My first pint of beer cost 12p. Now it's creeping up and sometimes passing £4.00 (more if you are an idiot and pay through the nose for over-hyped crap) so 32 times dearer in my meagre lifetime. $10 is allowable for for inflation - cheap at half the price!

10 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

What exactly is 'bigger'? I don't see it.

Two additional twin-engine AI planes, V-1 which is also flying object, difficult coastline to build,  several boats and ships are planned, quite a few vehicles are planned. Plus two original twin-engine playable aircraft. We're trying to add a couple people to the team also and find a couple replacements for people who have left the team. It all adds up to more time than usual which means more money needed.

Jason

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 12

I can respect this, at least you guys are open and honest concerning costs putting this stuff together unlike other similar studios 😉

Edited by DBFlyguy
  • Like 1

it just shows bobp was bargin, 4 seasons big map, 15+ airplanes when you see all modifications airplanes got... and its still 10$ off for few weeks so easy to see ppl should get bobp while they can for 69.99$

We've been a part of this series for almost seven years with this being the first price increase (I think) since BoS was announced in December 2012. I think it's more than fair. They've also been very generous of late with their sale prices. A little extra profit is understandable.

:big_boss:Are you actually asking? Really? Last time I checked, everything I used in real life went up. Bread, butter, water, energy...everything.

Gentlemen, let us not quibble. Rather, let us remember that FC is still on special at $69.99✔️ 

• Upvote 1

We're getting an Me-410 (probably)... and that can't be an easy plane to model... it is worth the extra cost!

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Two additional twin-engine AI planes, V-1 which is also flying object, difficult coastline to build,  several boats and ships are planned, quite a few vehicles are planned. Plus two original twin-engine playable aircraft. We're trying to add a couple people to the team also and find a couple replacements for people who have left the team. It all adds up to more time than usual which means more money needed.

Jason

Does the addition of naval units hint at torpedoes?

2 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

That's quite the streach!

I hope you’re joking. If you are my, my bad.

lets look back at kuban, half the map is water and hardly gets used. If you’re going to include naval targets, why not give us proper munitions to sink them with? A huge chunk of this Normandy map is the channel. If they plan on adding more naval units, hopefully it also means new toys to play with finally

I'm telling you now boys once we have torpedoes, then expect to see a pacific map not to far down the road....😉 😉

7 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Thanks for the honesty about this.  I don't mind paying a bit more especially seeing the changes the AI programmer is doing.  Nice to hear that you are investing in your team.

10 hours ago, Danziger said:

Maybe the rent went up?

I remember paying $70 for Doom II when it came out more than twenty years ago.  Games haven't gone up much in price since then even though the cost of living has increased 4x. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Feathered_IV said:

I remember paying $70 for Doom II when it came out more than twenty years ago.  Games haven't gone up much in price since then even though the cost of living has increased 4x. 

Yeah I know. I remember $60 being standard price for a PlayStation game even a million years ago.

Bang for buck this simulation series is fantastic value for money :)

IL2-GB and FC gives me countless hours of pleasure and a priceless interaction with the community and my squad mates.

I cannot speak highly enough of Jason and his team. 

This WWI and WW2 combat flight simulation is the best.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

The price is higher because they are needing addition ppl to fix online stutters, netcode and to rebuild existing flight models (3D models are more or less there) for Normandy planes.

AHAHAHAHHA

Think of how many hrs you get out of your money.

Best bang for the buck for sure.

Also think about the team, we want it to succeed ? Dont we?

If they do it , it will give longevity to the series, we get more stuff, more optimized, with quality and detail.

IMHO $10 increase is totally reasonable, and I totally support it.

Low on money?

Save $10 a month, you will be able to pay it by the time it is released.

Compare it to DCS, and their prices, some planes are $79.99 , just one airplane!

Or just a single airplane for Prepar 3D or X Plane11 average $35.

• Upvote 2