Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

2 minutes ago, =BTAP=Hail_the_Snail said:

How Long Does it USUALLY take for titles to go from Pre-Order to Early Access?

a year or so, I believe

3 minutes ago, =BTAP=Hail_the_Snail said:

Two weeks, be sure.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, =BTAP=Hail_the_Snail said:

About a Year and a half to two years I think. (Pretty sure BoBp was announced 2 years ago last week?)

Now I'm waiting for Batle of Provence, Battle of Morvan, Battle of Auvergne,  Batle of Quercy....Huge disappointment...

1 minute ago, FlyingShark said:

A few months.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Thanks! I'll pre-order it anyway, do my part. To 10 more years and many more theaters o7

Just now, SqueakyS said:

About a Year and a half to two years I think. (Pretty sure BoBp was announced 2 years ago last week?)

pre-order to early access nor pre-order to release but thanks anyway o7

The Tiffy is AMAZING!!!!!! - there you go! 🤣

Actually, this release will include some of my very favorite WW2 aircraft including the Mosquito, Razorback P-47, my very favorite german aircraft, Me-410, as well as the Tiffy!!!! - and throw in the earlier Mustangs to boot?!?? --- so an absolute ton to like for me! 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatCartier said:

Now I'm waiting for Batle of Provence, Battle of Morvan, Battle of Auvergne,  Batle of Quercy....Huge disappointment...

Slowly we will get to places mate. A lot of people are happy with this, you shall simply wait your turn and perhaps support the devs on their way to try to make your dreams a reality soon.

Just now, MeoW.Scharfi said:

collector.png.e59dd6c824d8225b95c6be9a1fcbef0b.png

Flyable when?

kek

Great news! My wishes are that some of the earlier planes, ie Spitfire Mk V and P40 are "localised" ie a British/American pilot selectable and western bombs available.

Also some Lincolnshire/East Anglia bases for the mosquitoes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Flyable when?

It will be flyable the day it's released, just not by the player as it flew in real life without a pilot.

Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

It will be flyable the day it's released, just not by the player as it flew in real life without a pilot.

Not necessarily without a pilot.

Reichenberg_1945.jpg.203839ee698e64745d7f29daca8fd810.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just now, FlyingShark said:

Have a nice day.

If my victims would evade my shots just like you evaded my joke, i would never ever make airkills anymore.. have a nice day.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Not necessarily without a pilot.

Reichenberg_1945.jpg.203839ee698e64745d7f29daca8fd810.jpg

Probably a test version, I can't recall Germans having suicide pilots.

Have a nice day.

Just now, MeoW.Scharfi said:

like you evaded my joke

And you think I didn't get the joke or what?

In the mean while you expertly outmaneuvered my joke.

Have a nice day.

1 minute ago, FlyingShark said:

Have a nice day.

I don't know, maybe it has been used operationally?

7 minutes ago, mpdugas said:

my new badge!

The new badge is very good, especially in French!
/C'est BON

Thank God for this announcement! I had no idea what I wanted for Christmas this year. Problem solved! I'll be pre-ordering this weekend!

I cannot wait for the 410! I am STOKED!!

The real question is.

Bf 109 G6 Late = Bf 109G6(with stuff like Erla Canopy and/or MW50) or Bf 109G6/AS?

• Upvote 1

I'm very happy with Normandy being the new chapter in the IL-2 series, just a few days ago I was thinking about how awesome the cockpits of the P-51B and Razorback P-47 would be. Definitely some iconic aircraft I look forward to having in the game. Moreover, it will be cool to integrate this with Battle of Bodenplatte. I wish the development team the best of luck! :salute:

2 minutes ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Instead a v1 flyble I would prefer a Bf 109 G10...

Maybe you'll get one as a collector plane after the release.

The usually release a few collector planes when the theater is completed.

Have a nice day.

3 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Have a nice day.

Leonidas squadron.....they had in mind bail over the target but rarely anyone made ti succesfully,  since engine would suck pilot in and some other design problems.

Carrier ops would make this game complete for me, that feature would bring in a lot of new customers as well. I'd like to know, what was the reason for not going to PTO, since there is so much info already in the dev assistance part of the forum.

Normandy is just more of the same, I was really hoping for some fresh gameplay elements. ☹️

Edited by Ouky1991
  • Upvote 1

Great anouncement!

There are seriously guys discussing about the price and choice of next theatre...

I am glad our niche genre keeps staying alive and we get steady new content.

In my opinion great agile project management.

Keep it comin  you have me support!

• Upvote 1

Sooo, Im totally loving this despite all my wishes for other battles I'm about to preorder.  this is a great choice with great planes.

Buuuuuut I'm only 95% excited because I think a plane is missing. The A-20G, the allies could really use a flyable medium strike aircraft that can be multi crewed. 

Spoiler

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Edited by -RR-Napoleon-

Normandy ... perfectly logical choice !

Great to have yet more iconic planes like the mosquito !

Won't be able to resist not preordering Battle of Normandy real soon.

Thank you all.

Well I am a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to getting back in some Japanese aircraft, but,  the razor back Mustang, and the Spit XIV have my undivided attention.

Pre ordered.  Perhaps I will be around long enough to see the Pacific done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MeoW.Scharfi said:

The real question is.

Bf 109 G6 Late = Bf 109G6(with stuff like Erla Canopy and/or MW50) or Bf 109G6/AS?

This is my question. A configuration of a low tail with the Erla haube would be cool and easily differentiate it from the G-14

8 minutes ago, Ouky1991 said:

Normandy is just more of the same, I was really hoping for some fresh gameplay elements.

We got the contact altimeter working, the automatic dive recovery system is implemented.

We are getting drop tanks.

Other features, huge and small are coming too.

Those are fresh gameplay elements for me.

Have a nice day.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed somewhere.  The Pacific would have been a dream, and at least there were things you could interpret that it would come, but that was just wishful thinking.  What makes me even sadder is the fact that for the next 2-4 years probably nothing will change in this matter. :(

But now to the nice things. Normandy is a solid scenario and the 410 on the German side the undisputed eye candy for me!
Also the razorback versions are a welcome addition I can look forward to now. The only pity are the C-47 and B-26 (for the time being) because they will only be available as AI and we can only expect a playable version after the Normandy release. Just as the story of the Li-2 is unclear and the B-25 has no date for "completion" in sight.

Nevertheless, I'm happy and pray that we will set off to new shores after this western scenario.

Rico

18 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The new badge is very good, especially in French!
/C'est BON

Very clever!

Originally when I saw the announcement I was a little bit disappointed. To be honest, I wouldn’t fancy a game based purely around Midway, because of how great the Il2:GB career mode is, but I was hoping for Italy as my first choice and something like a Papua New Guinea / Solomons campaign if not.

But the more I consider it, I remember how great it is that Moscow, Stalingrad and Kuban continue on from one another and how the plane sets of each of those overlap to make each Eastern front game deeper than an individual product. And this is the same. Bodenplatte will make Normandy better and Normandy will make Bodenplatte better.

And with all those planes built already, Italy will be amazing when it does come :P

But seriously, I’m looking forward to a Western front career from ‘43 to ‘45 - heck, as a German pilot there is a career from ‘41 to ‘45 there if you have a lengthy train journey in the middle.

On smaller details, I hope to see some key days play out in the SP career, but the AR 234 seems a strange inclusion for this time period and its a pity the Spitfire is a collector plane, although with so many great Allied ones I guess one had to make way...

Oh, and at least it’s not Korea!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -RR-Napoleon- said:

flyable medium strike aircraft that can be multi crewed. 

Put a navigator's position in the Mosquito and that's what you've got.