Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

Great news and a perfect finish to the ETO before heading to the Pacific...ūü§ô

The upgraded careers etc. will be excellent as well.

I can imagine that this will quickly become the defacto MP map especially the pre-invasion version.

Loving the Mossie news, I just hope we get missions to reflect this truly exceptional aircraft that really could do anything and then some.

I think the tankers will be happy as well; the bocage was a nightmare but excellent for stealth tanking...ūüėÄ

I was hoping to see some news about the Pacific but seeing this move from the Business prespective it makes a lot of sense.Some of the planes are already there as well as other assets.I say let them flesh out the European theater some more and iron out kinks and add even more features to the overall sim ,so they can at some point direct all of their resources to the Pacific and beyond( Korea,Vietnam,etc.) I havent had the time to try Boddenplatte but Im definitely getting it and Normandy as soon as I can.This guys are doing a hell of a job with this platform, I think we should be grateful that the content is still coming our way.

Edited by royraiden

1 minute ago, Mac_Messer said:

I`m on board.

Kind of dissapointed about C47 being AI only, and lack of 109G10. As this is just nominal announcement I hope you guys can reconsider making both planes flyable.

I have close suspicion that 109G10 may be reserved for Reichsverteidigung though.

I wish you good luck developing the new title.

Hope FC2 and TC2 announcements follow suit.

no G-10 untill about November 44 i think.

17 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Eagle said:

Anyone know what the a in the Ju-88C-6a means? I was doing a quick search on the internet and I was wondering what that means.

From wikipedia:

"The C-6, of which 900 aircraft were produced, was based on the A-4 airframe with more powerful engines and stronger defensive armament (single- or dual-mount belt-fed 7.92 mm MG 81 or 13 mm MG 131 instead of drum-fed MG 15 machine guns)."

It also mentions a C6 night fighter version but I don't think that is what we are getting. 

• Thanks 1

Great Map, Normandy, Dunkirk, Dieppe and Battle of Britain (without London) is a very good szenario 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mac_Messer said:

I`m on board.

Kind of dissapointed about C47 being AI only, and lack of 109G10. As this is just nominal announcement I hope you guys can reconsider making both planes flyable.

I have close suspicion that 109G10 may be reserved for Reichsverteidigung though.

I wish you good luck developing the new title.

Hope FC2 and TC2 announcements follow suit.

We had a pretty in depth discussion about late 109Gs and it seems as though there is no standardised configuration of G-10 to create: some had ASC/D engines, as opposed to the DB/DC engines it was normally equipped with, others G-14 wings, others G-14 fuselages and it even appeared that there was no standardisation in tail wheel configuration.

• Upvote 1

Oh my god! Just got home to see this... The Mossie!!!! ūüėĀ My card is ready when you are!¬†

Keep up the good work!!

8 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

The C-6 will also be able to be used in the East, where it was used by specialized train-busting staffeln.

I know!! That is how I used to pitch its inclusion ;) It'd be wonderful if they included the Eastern variant which had the gondola removed for speed! It is a great choice. My only regret about it being a C-6a... is the lack of Schräge Musik... but I'm still, well, ecstatic.

DREAM: Pacific didnt come true, due to the engine ?

NIGHTMARE: KOREA,didnt come true for gods sake!

BON: didnt expect it, mmm medium emotion

But to keep the ball running pre-ordered incl all collector planes as usual

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
  • Upvote 1

They REAAAALLLLYYY need to delay it to make the c47 flyable and make a very immersive paratrooper mission for the morning of june 6th.

• Upvote 2

This is freakin awesome.  Going to sound weird here but I am more excited by the map than the planes (although I like the planes too!).  With our existing plane set this represents channel operations from 1941 to 1944!   

1941: 109F,  FW190 A3, Spitfire MkV and Hurricane MK II.

1942: Next  marks of 109s, 190s, Spit MK IX, Typhoon, etc.

1943: Bring on the Americans with the P47

1944: More Americans and Normandy

Finally moving to the Bodenplatte map

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 14

This basically everything off my BoBp collector plane wishlist and more. Instant preorder!

3hm9s9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Although this time I hesitate to push the buy button immediately, after being somewhat disappointed with the quality of the Rhineland map.

Same here. To me the Rheinland map was disappointing, too - especially the virtually non-existing cities in the Ruhr area. The Normandy map is a logic next step and kind of a prequel to BoBP. With the Yak-9/T and the Hurri now available as collector planes, I will stay on the eastern front for some more time ;-) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wyatt said:

They REAAAALLLLYYY need to delay it to make the c47 flyable and make a very immersive paratrooper mission for the morning of june 6th.

I'm holding out hope for B-25 and B-26 and C-47 as flyable collector's aircraft. I'd pay good money.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, II/JG11ATLAN said:

DREAM: Pacific didnt come true, due to the engine ?

I believe Jason was trying to hint at people in thread in September without directly spilling the beans -- I think you will find them saying that they don't have the proper data to do the Japanese aircraft up to the standards that they would like...but we will have to see the official announcement.

Regardless, Normandy makes good logical sense and fits well with BOBP (and in future conflicts from various years).

31 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Eagle said:

Anyone know what the a in the Ju-88C-6a means? I was doing a quick search on the internet and I was wondering what that means.

The Ju-88C-6a is the dayfighter version flown over France and the Atlantic by V./KG 40 and ZG 1.

• Thanks 1

This theatre makes perfect sense to me. It will expand the late European plane set with some desirable aircraft, add new maps and new mission types. 

I would have liked PTO, but realise that this step would have to be thought about very carefully. 

I’ve flown many WWII flight sims over the years, not very many of them are left now. 

I'm a bit disappointed with no PTO as of yet, but with Normandy we will be getting more naval assets and amphibious assault equipment which will surely pay dividends when we finally get to the PTO. As far as the Normandy plane set, I am all in for the 410 and Spit xiv. The P-51B/C is my favorite pony as well, so i am not too heart broken. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I know is early but I'm in. The team has always delivered and told the truth of the state of the simulator so I am happy to keep the dream working!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

I'm holding out hope for B-25 and B-26 and C-47 as flyable collector's aircraft. I'd pay good money.

pretty much. I would wait as long as next christmas for a normandy map that had a c47 and a medium/heavy bomber for bombing the beaches

Great choice for me, expands the European area considerably both in types of aircraft and land mass that essentially covers most of WWII.:cool:

Even better still the map will hopefully allow for further expansion of F.C. and bring in the seaplanes and bombers from R.O.F., what is not to like.;)

As if that were not enough the potential for further collector aircraft is considerable, we could potentially have the opportunity to include nearly every aircraft

type used by the European air arms and their allies from WWI through to the end of WWII using two main maps, admittedly the maps would not cover everywhere

but the important part is the inclusion of the channel that allows all kinds of campaign and mission set ups that are important for both World Wars.:thank_you:

Hope the C-47 will be flyable eventually, needs to balance the Ju-52 for those vital transport missions for any conflict.:drinks:

Surprised the A-20G is not in there, however, we do get some of the most requested, the Mosquito and Typhoon are particular favourites.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Great stuff...I'll be able to bomb my own house for the first time ever :biggrin:

I have a very, very highly detailed aerial photo of Cormeilles-en-Vexin Aerodrome taken at wars end, that I got almost 20 years ago from a friend in the local archaeological service. When I say detailed, you can count the patched bomb craters if you like :) 

Among other Luftwaffe units that used it, it was the base of Stab JG2 until June 7th 1944 and subsequently B-26 Marauder's of the 344th Bomb Group, so it's relevant to the aircraft line up and the time line.

Let me know where to send it, should you want it.

========================

Just looking at the map one of my first thoughts was...Amiens jail break :) 

Edited by Pict
Update
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

This opens the door for quite a few things from a campaign standpoint.

Tank Crew 2 *winkwink*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am happy with another expansion of this great simulator, of which

all of us who make this great community, surely we will accompany

as we have done today, all the works that you decide to do.

thanks team of 1CGS and 777Studios, Jason Williams.

365th_Fighter_Group_P-47_Thunderbolts.thumb.jpg.40413889c1e8ebd604397f3ec3b06f68.jpg

-please, consider making this plane for the Germans

Fw189 UHU

192453_1588424594150_1296971_o.jpg.4f3d0db6bc5a724f6f903ab08af9a1ec.jpg

Salute Lothar29, Love This Great Battles Series.

• Like 1

totally excited now , really hope the skytrain will be flyable at some point , bit the 410 and the mosquito are totally worth it. 

Map with along with the planes we already have, and that are announced gives so much scope, Looking forward to Dieppe as much as Normandy, and am looking forward to a squad favorite recreated in this game, Operation Jericho :drinks:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ColoniaLibre said:

Nice plane line up. I'm missing the BF 109 G10 and I hope it would be possible to create the G10 as a collector plane later. That would be awesome. ūüôā

you have to save 109g10 for late war east front dlc, same with 190a9, so hard to belive they will be collector airplanes at some point also they both dont fit normandy

and 109g14 and 190a8 from bodenplatte fit late normandy so youll probably have them on map in MP or even SP

and maybe they do 190a7 as mod for 190a6 like they did F/G8 for A8 for bobp

so 109g6late and 190a6 fit as they were in area and we dont have them in game and they dont block any future dlcs... as if you wont to have later yak-3s la7s tu2s ... you would not have any oponent on axis for dlc with them if you give every late war axis fighter first as collectable 

Edited by 77.CountZero

I had not much interest in BOBP + TC + FC but bought them to support the devs, with this one my interest is below zero... Sorry devs, no more support from me...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

The Mosquito is a dream come true. If there's any plans to allow another player to be a bombadier using the game's multi-crew system I think I would die happy

The Me-410 might be cool too if I can peel myself away from the Mozzie, wonder how aiming those radio controlled turrets works...

41 minutes ago, ColoniaLibre said:

Nice plane line up. I'm missing the BF 109 G10 and I hope it would be possible to create the G10 as a collector plane later. That would be awesome. ūüôā

G-10 doesn¬īt fit in the timeslot for Normandy. First G-10s were produced in 09/44 and reached frontline units in 10-11/44. G6/AS and G14/AS would fit nicely though.

The Normandy map in IL-2 1946 was the most beautiful map among the  IL-2 1946 maps. Hope this Normandy map will be so too.

Me 410 YESH ūüėć

i'm so excited and i just cant hide it ūüėĀ

Edited by Godspeed

100% preorder for me. As a ground-pounder the pure fighter/attacker BoBp was a dissapointmant to me but this more than makes up for it. I think people might have been happier if the BoBp and BoN plane sets were mixed up a bit so there were more interesting fighters and bombers in each. Seriously looking forward to seeing the Mossie, 410 and C6 (I think Cosford air museum has examples of all three). CAn't wait to fly the Mossie in particular.

Notice noboy is talking about the Tiffy though :scratch_one-s_head:

2 minutes ago, =BTAP=Hail_the_Snail said:

How Long Does it USUALLY take for titles to go from Pre-Order to Early Access?

A few months.

Have a nice day.

:salute: