Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

To be correctly  all RAF P-51B/C and some USAAF on ETO  has mounted British  MkII Reflector gunsight .

Squadron_Leader_Horbaczewski_of_315_Poli

kitcarson.jpg

media-20654.jpeg?itok=Tie_3swS

media-14177.jpeg?itok=CuDoGgwh

d06f545bd3ec918a84d9dc26bb7cb816.jpg

P-47 D versions to

m7b55b9zwnj21.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

Wonder how many of the complainers here have ever had to make a payroll?

Easy to complain, difficult to produce in an environment where nothing is ever "good enough" for a very small market of potential customers.

Let people complain, we are customers, not prisoners in a ghetto. 

As long as the complaining is with respect, I dont see any problem.

I have complaining customers every single day of my life at job, and its not a big problem.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

I must say this Normandy pack made me happy. 
a dream comming through for a ground pounder like me. 
Tiffie, Mossie, ju 88 a6 , ME 410 and the Arado. 
This is for sure a payback for what I did not get in Bobp. 
I guess next pack will bring a Havoc A 20 G and flyable B25. 
I am good, I did not expect PTO, was afraid of Korea. So this is a winner for me 

woops forgot the razorback

Edited by No.322_LuseKofte
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Super excited for the map as it opens up so many possibilities and, as people has pointed out, works well with FC as well.

A bit disappointed by the plane set though, it doesn't really  bring anything new and special (Excluding the 410, Mossy, Arado and possibly the JU88) . Still want something similar to the Heinkel on the Allied side. Both because it's fun to hunt bigger bombers, but also because there's nothing as satisfying as dropping a huge bomb load on some poor smuck. 

Keep up the good work and feed our addiction 😄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, No.322_LuseKofte said:

I am good, I did not expect PTO, was afraid of Korea. So this is a winner for me 

Same here, I'm very happy we stay in WWII and with the plane set.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Excellent plane set. Maybe the best one overall to date. This really fills out the ETO plane set, IMO. Definitely an instant buy when I get home tonight.

• Upvote 1

I'm a grown man in my 50's but admit my heart skipped a beat when I read the announcement. 410, Mossie, Razerback just brilliant!

Edited by Archie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ahh crap, CP2077 and this now in my final semester of uni? it's not looking well 

also the ruse cruise missile is back 

Edited by JG5_Zesphr

Fantastic map and a fantastic plane set. I will be able to fulfil a dream and bomb my local fish and chip shop in the Me 410! 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm in for Normandy, this makes perfect sense after the  the release of Bodenplatte and expand this theatre and timeline of WW2.

I see some people are a disappointed that there is no Pacific, but for me the Pacific theatre holds no interest , so I would not be buying that product.

The developers can't please everybody but who knows people if Normandy is a success the the Pacific lovers might get there wish come true.

Is there any plans to expand Flying circus or did I miss something?

Remember ! You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Edited by Bungmiester
  • Upvote 1

After looking again at the map size, I'm really hoping we are not ending up with another map of Great Emptiness. I would rather have a smaller map, if it means you are able to fill it with villages. After all, Normandy is all about them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

36 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Normandy product is our usual product super-sized in some ways and needs a larger budget and possibly time to build. We will continue to improve BOBP for a little while more. Been a very difficult 6 months for us. I can't make everything I want and make everyone I am answerable to (customers, 1C, team) satisfied. I work in a minefield and every new project we get approved is a blessing. We will soldier on and continue to improve our products and line-up so we can continue to have a future. 

Jason 

I am happy with Nomandy (of course) but a little bit disappointed because:

- Still no big bombers (B-25, B-26 MARAUDER human controlled) or B-17

- I think I understand why you are not going to Pacific Theatre. So if your studio is unable to produce this type of theater with all that this includes as aircrafts and marine equipments, such as Carriers. So, please, say it once and for all and so, no one will be eternally disappointed ...

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Like 3

Preordered. :good:

I'm not disappointed in the slightest that it's Normandy. I'm rather interested in the Fleet Air Arm so Pacific for carrier tech would have been interesting. But anything Commonwealth gets my money. And the map area ought to be great. Hope (among others) that HMS Deadalus is included as an airfield on there.

Daydreaming but think would be too much of a stretch to include on the career 885, 808 and 897 squadrons (along with 26, 63 and VCS-7) from HMS Deadalus doing naval bombarment spotting during the invasion. Using the Spitfire Vb as substitute for thier Seafire III instead until Great Battles gets one. ;)

Edited by Oliver88

Nice plane line up. I'm missing the BF 109 G10 and I hope it would be possible to create the G10 as a collector plane later. That would be awesome. 🙂

5 minutes ago, [ugly]Ghost0815 said:

What is the ETA for the first aircrafts and map?

If history is any indication, we'll likely see the first aircraft around June with the map coming in mid-late 2021 

I would be more enthusiastic but for the templates released for the last one

the Mustang was so so but the Tempest and P-38 templates were the worst I've seen so far

hopefully the quality of the templates will be up to the old standards.

• Confused 1

Was hoping for a PTO, but with this plane set:

• P-51 B/C
  • P-47D “Razorback”
  • Typhoon Mk.Ib
  • Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI
  • Spifire Mk.XIV (Collector Plane)
  • C-47 Dakota (AI)
  • B-26 Marauder (AI)
  • Bf-109 G-6 “Late”
  • Fw-190 A-6
  • Ju-88 C-6a
  • Me-410
  • Ar-234 (Collector Plane)
  • V-1 Buzz Bomb (AI) 

It's just amazing. However, I was more hoping for a late Italy battle, but whatever. With BON, that means that all of the IL-2 games will have the Channel map (a future map for Il-2 1946 is planned). Super excited for the C-47 and the B-26. With the Bodenplatte Career, I was feeling a bit uneasy with just 2 British and 2-3 American planes, but not anymore. Can't wait to fly the Me-410, and the Mosquito. It will be a blast intercepting the V1s.

Thank you devs.

4 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Eagle said:

Anyone know what the a in the Ju-88C-6a means? I was doing a quick search on the internet and I was wondering what that means.

Guessing, but C6b is the night fighter so 'a' isn't?

If i get it it will be purely for the Razorback P-47 =P

As i love the Razorback.

Other then that im not that excited.

The German planeset is not that interesting to me as the G6 Late does not differ enough from a G-6 early or a G-14

and similarly for the A-6 when it comes to the A-5 and A-8.

Im not really interested in the heavies either (Ju-88C,Me-410 and AR.234).

I was hoping for Either the pacific for the Italian theatre to add some more variation to the Axis planeset.

But this was more or less what i expected.

And Since i primarily (90%) play MP and most of the Bodenplatte planeset also fits MP scenarios for the Normandy map so if i get it will be purely for the Razorback =P.

So probably depends on which version it is and if it gets 150 (as it should, and hopefully the D-28 will also get 150 octane before the launch Normandy).

Though the map will certainly be nice for MP scenarios as it can replicate everything from D-Day-1944 to fighting over the channel in 1941.

Since we have all the German airplanes needed and the Spitfire MK Vb and Hurricane MK II will be perfect for 1941-1942 scenarios such as

operation cerberus (Channel dash) or Operation Jubilee (Dieppe)  and the A-20B can simulate the Boston III.

And im probably more excited for scenarios like that then i am for D-day itself.

So all in all while its not my preferred choice the possibilities it gives are numerous which is probably the reason why it was chosen.

Edited by mattebubben
  • Upvote 1

Not the slightest bit surprised...

Thank you! This should be a great addition to the series and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the planeset!

Just now, Sgt_Joch said:

Great News!

Normandy is the perfect choice as a complement for BoBp. 

I think so....

5 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

So, please, say it once and for all and so, no one will be eternally disappointed ...

Which company on Earth says "Im unable to do this"?. That would be quite stupid.

They cant now, maybe they can someday... 

Honestly people, cant understand those who feel "disappointed" for no PTO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

Wonder how many of the complainers here have ever had to make a payroll?

Easy to complain, difficult to produce in an environment where nothing is ever "good enough" for a very small market of potential customers.

Haven't seen a lot complaints, dissapointment yes but moslty happy chaps out here!

Some of us supported il2 in order to fly over the Pacific one day, with second delay and years ahead that it won't be possible, if ever as it seems, i don't see a reason why i need to keep purchasing something i won't use.

In my case i went from buy everything to support to i'll buy only what i like (collector spit.xiv😉).

You can't please everybody, some will be happy while others will be dissapointed.

Devs still have my moral support :)

Dear developers, i am new here but what i have seen so far you are just great!!!

I am going to preorder and and support you as best as i can! Wow, you bring the wonderful Spitfire XIV, wich is one of my favorite fighter planes!!! 

I think Normandy is the right choice. With the existing planes and the upcoming Hurricane the map will allow all kinds of interesting scenarios from 1941 to 1944.

Although this time I hesitate to push the buy button immediately, after being somewhat disappointed with the quality of the Rhineland map.

• Upvote 7

26 minutes ago, 357th_Dog said:

My hope is like the B-25..the B-26 can eventually become a collector plane

I have in mind, that there was a statement years ago, that they try to make every plane flyable ... lets cross the fingers for a V1 carreer!!! 🤗

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

The inclusion of a Ju-88c even gives one a chance to do primitive night-fighting (even if the electronics won't be fully modeled)!

The C-6 will also be able to be used in the East, where it was used by specialized train-busting staffeln.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ME-BFMasserME262 said:

Which company on Earth says "Im unable to do this"?. That would be quite stupid.

They cant now, maybe they can someday... 

Honestly people, cant understand those who feel "disappointed" for no PTO.

Hi Mate,

First, I don not think, you are supporting IL-2 BATTLE OF xxx as much than myself

Secondly, i can be happy and a little bit disappointed about Pacific theatre.....Pacific Theatre should send us in a new world , really !!! witj lot of new planes, landscape and materials !

Last point, if I say that, may be 1CGS is not able to produce that theatre, it is because, some of us are waiting for that map from 3 or 4 years ago

That's all😉

Sheese slow down guys, I really need to get back to flying my PWCG Bodenplatte campaign and having trouble tearing myself away from this thread lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Although this time I hesitate to push the buy button immediately, after being somewhat disappointed with the quality of the Rhineland map.

You're not the only one.

1 minute ago, 76IAP-Black said:

I have in mind, that there was a statement years ago, that they try to make every plane flyable ... lets cross the fingers for a V1 carreer!!! 🤗

Well, if you are into opening a panel or programming the thing from a control room - whichever applies, then sending it off, I guess it could work....

I`m on board.

Kind of dissapointed about C47 being AI only, and lack of 109G10. As this is just nominal announcement I hope you guys can reconsider making both planes flyable.

I have close suspicion that 109G10 may be reserved for Reichsverteidigung though.

I wish you good luck developing the new title.

Hope FC2 and TC2 announcements follow suit.

------

I did fanboi for the series and hit buy but, I too was really hoping for at least Peal Harbor / Wake Island.