Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

12 minutes ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

Fingers crossed for B-25 and B-26 as fliables. 😄

Are you kidding me...with this engine forget about those.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

First one I will skip.

FC vol 2 - instant buy
Pacific - instant buy

Malta - instant buy
Africa - instant buy...

but not this one, even that I love Me-410 dearly. 

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Are you kidding me...with this engine forget about those.

Why would they be any worse than an He111 or Ju88?

• Upvote 6

Best possible choice in my mind. Already pre-ordered and can't wait for the new British kites! Between this map and bobp, it should be possible to run an raf career from 1941 (hurricane) to the end of the war. Amazing. Also pre-ordered a hurricane and a yak 9. Fantastic early Christmas present. Thank you so much Dev team! 

3 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

The Mosquito is an allied bomber and is planned to be playable.

Its the F.B variant listed, not the bomber version. This is the one with 4 x .303 and 4 x 20mm hispanos 

I'm surprised about all the people pleased with paying that amount of money for a bunch of planes that are all pretty much already in the game.  Also paying for AI models. I'm pretty disappointed with the plane line up, I just want some american bombers. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, DeadMeat0383 said:

Its the F.B variant listed, not the bomber version.

Ah, I see, still, interesting plane.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

26 of november is the departing day of the japanese fleet for Pearl Harbor...

and the first morse code sounded like "Climb the Mount Niitaka" code for Hawaï attack

I really thought 😕

• Upvote 3

Just now, Danziger said:

I think this is going to be what the children are calling "epic".

My kiddo informs me that 'epic' is now passe. I'm not privy to what is slated to replace it, being officially a member of "the olds" now.

Maybe there will be some dabbing, T-posing, or (dare I say it?) flossing?

• Haha 1

Just purchased...If BoB is any example...it might be awhile before it is all up & operational...but Ican wait...

There is no big difference imho between the he111 and the b25 or b26, engine-wise.

Besides the possibility of the b25 becoming flyable was already mentioned before in official channels. I remember at least it coming up in that multi-part interview about 6 months ago. 

Why don't we ask the man himself? Hey @Jason_Williams! We know, no promises, but a flyable c47 or even b26 is within the realm of possibilities?

Edited by danielprates
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SCG_Roman6Alpha said:

I'm surprised about all the people pleased with paying that amount of money for a bunch of planes that are all pretty much already in the game.  Also paying for AI models. I'm pretty disappointed with the plane line up, I just want some american bombers. 

I don't understand this viewpoint at all, except for the G6 (late) they're all new and unique aircraft. 

• Upvote 8

My guess was exactly right, I knew the chance of Normandy being the next project was pretty high.

Iam already pretty excited at the thought of a MK 14 Spitfire , Mosquito , a Mustang B/C-I thought was a long shot but there you are, Typhoon-yes,another BF109 and FW190-bring it on.

But before that collector planes , and I will purchase those in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

Ah, I see, still, interesting plane.

Have a nice day.

I think that you will be pleasantly surprised...

capable of carrying single 250-or-500-pound (110 or 230 kg) bombs on racks housed in streamlined fairings under each wing, or up to eight RP-3 25lb or 60 lb rockets. In addition fuel lines were added to the wings to enable single 50 imp gal (230 l) or 100 imp gal (450 l) drop tanks to be carried under each wing.[138][174] The usual fixed armament was four 20 mm Hispano Mk.II cannon and four .303 (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns, while two 250-or-500-pound (110 or 230 kg) bombs could be carried in the bomb bay.[nb 22]

• Like 1

I know there is a lot of grumbling about there being "Too many rehashed planes" but as a pedant, let me say I am glad to see an appropriate late version G-6, seeing the 1943 configuration ones in Bodenplatte didn't sit right with me. 

Just now, No.322_Red_Cat said:

Indeed, just read that at wikipedia.

Can't go wrong with the direction of the game me thinks.

Have a nice day.

Just now, No.322_Red_Cat said:

capable of carrying single 250-or-500-pound (110 or 230 kg) bombs on racks housed in streamlined fairings under each wing, or up to eight RP-3 25lb or 60 lb rockets. In addition fuel lines were added to the wings to enable single 50 imp gal (230 l) or 100 imp gal (450 l) drop tanks to be carried under each wing.[138][174] The usual fixed armament was four 20 mm Hispano Mk.II cannon and four .303 (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns, while two 250-or-500-pound (110 or 230 kg) bombs could be carried in the bomb bay.[nb 22]

Red Cat, you guys also get the Doodle bug chase career..

Ju-87 D-5 has been used at night in Normandy, it is a pity that his not included in set of aircraft
5aea251c5cbfa29b2ef3671f429a8285.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Upvote 3

Just now, migmadmarine said:

I am glad to see an appropriate late version G-6, seeing the 1943 configuration ones in Bodenplatte didn't sit right with me. 

I think this too.

Have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, IndianJones said:

I don't understand this viewpoint at all, except for the G6 (late) they're all new and unique aircraft. 

P47, P51, G6, Ju88, 190 are all already in game. Different variants I understand but then they give us new models all together like the B25, B26, C47 and ar not playable. Just disappointed in that. 

• Upvote 5

Ar 234 ? Whith so few in operation (2 during normandy operation) ???

"The last Luftwaffe inventory, on April 10, 1945, had 38 operational personnel: 12 bombers, 24 reconnaissance planes and 2 night fighters." (Wikipedia).

Hope now battle of france (Curtiss Hawk, Ms-410 - 109-E) and battle of brittain 😃 😜 

Bye

Great news! This makes a ton of sense to me as the Normandy and Bodenplatte titles dovetail beautifully together and content between the two enhance the overall experience.

I don’t know which aircraft here I’m more excited about! A great list of types that I’ve wanted to see for a very long time.

• Upvote 5

Just now, SCG_Roman6Alpha said:

B25, B26, C47 and ar not playable.

Nobody said they will never be playable in the future.

Have a nice day.

• Upvote 1

going to pass this one. Too much battle over the channel already in a lot of simulators already. Was expecting something with more mountains or with carriers. 

As several others have expressed I was also hoping for the Pacific to finally arrive, however I understand that more time (and resources) are evidently required in that push. Normandy is a logical next-step, one that can serve as a precursor to Bodenplatte and also open up operations from 1941 onwards across the Channel - rhubarbs and circuses for everyone! It will however be the final module I purchase from the team, unless the Pacific is a guarenteed release after BoN.

Edited by Leifr

Guys. Wait. I actually just noticed: Normandy is 10$ more expensive than Bodenplatte. And what do we get?

- Mostly rehashed planes

- AI planes

- An AI flying bomb

What's the justification for this price hike?

• Upvote 11

Interesting plane set. I like the mosquito...…….but no Corsair, Wildcat, Dauntless, Hellcat or Zero.  Gotta say Disappointed, especially after I thought PTO was just to be delayed. 

I will still support IL2 but...….

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpe43 said:

Red Cat, you guys also get the Doodle bug chase career..

Looking forward to that indeed. Yet another string to the Tempest's bow :drinks:.

Pacific is not the next big theatre but don't worry a lot of re-used aircrafts and the higher price point will make it? - No, thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, YuriAzrel said:

Guys. Wait. I actually just noticed: Normandy is 10$ more expensive than Bodenplatte. And what do we get?

- Mostly rehashed planes

- AI planes

- An AI flying bomb

- 2 Versions of the map that differ a lot from each other makes up for $10 for me.

Have a nice day.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, YuriAzrel said:

- Mostly rehashed planes

- AI planes

- An AI flying bomb

My point exactly.

6 minutes ago, SCG_Roman6Alpha said:

The Mosquito is brand new, as is the Arrado. The 410 is quite different from the 110. There's the same number of 'flyable' aircraft in this package as previously, with the added AI models for campaign functionality. Its 10 bucks more expensive, but they can't keep selling the game for the same price year after year, inflation is a b****. 

The fighters are all variants of what we've seen before, its true. But its no different from Battle of Kuban, where you had 109s and 190s similar to before, the Yak-7 was similar to the Yak-1 and 1b, etc. So you get roughly the same mix of purely new airframes to variants as some previous titles.

The planes are different enough that they're worth buying IMO, though I don't think I'll pre-order right away. I will probably wait until we see some of the planes I want to be flyable. They'll have to be satisfied with my Hurricane pre-order money in the new year. Got no money right now for myself anyway, gotta play Santa Clause at Christmas. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, No.322_Red_Cat said:

Looking forward to that indeed. Yet another string to the Tempest's bow :drinks:.

Nope! 322 Dutch Spitfire squadron was one of the Mk 14 equipped fighter squadrons that shot down Doodlebugs..

• Upvote 1