Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

1 minute ago, HBPencil said:

Am I right in assuming that your Edit is meant for me as I gave a 'Confused' emote to your post? If so, I hope this doesn't come across as confrontational however I should clarify that I did so not because the content of your post confused me (it didn't) but because I was confused by the point of your post.

My point is that in effect all the difference is Mk.V gun layout while retaining identical performance. We have people complaining about being sold the same 109 again; now think what they would say being sold the same Spit again.

3 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

3D models that pop in place like some sort of FS2000 fan made auto-gen template.

I agree - that should be fixed. I do think the newly models cities look great - once all the objects are loaded, that is. But this constant popping-in of whole city blocks is indeed quite distracting.

• Upvote 1

Pre-ordered BON. The developers of this excellent sim deserve all the help they can get. Especially looking forward to the Spitfire Mk14! ūüėć

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Gimmicky to the core.

They run with the late-war Bodenplatte aircraft lineup which are amazing and a massive but highly lacking in-detail (entire cities and industry are missing) map where things aren't (Ruhr Valley, etc) present but should be. A map covered in low resolution textures and normal maps, horribly placed urban components, and 3D models that pop in place like some sort of FS2000 fan made auto-gen template. There are entire community regional maps, airports, and cities for FSX with a 5 meter terrain resolution that includes HD foliage that puts what these guys do to complete and utter shame, and that game is well over a decade old.

The aircraft lineup for BoN are a massive step back from the late-war Bodenplatte lineup, and it feels rightly cheap.

I mean it doesn't take a mathematician or theoretical physicist to figure out that yes it literally is a step back in time. I'm not sure how you want to fit higher performance planes than Bodenplatte into a time period before they existed. It's the same as going from Stalingrad to Moscow. 

If you want super high resolution maps and textures, go buy them for FSX or whatever other companies you think do it better. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play a game you hate.

Throwing insults and tantrums because things aren't the way you want doesn't really work that well in the civilian world.

These guys do what they can with the resources available to them. Most people feel they are doing a great job considering. If you don't that's fine but there's no need to always be an ass about it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 11

On 11/26/2019 at 11:11 PM, namhee2 said:

I do not hope it's final with a bit of pressure, we should point out the right size

th.jpg

Even if I find awesome the one you propose, (I would dream to have such area for early and mid to late war.... )But I think we should not be so optimistic.

I don't know if there is any restriction to model towns as Paris or London... (not sure why there would be on WWII version of the cities....) but a map excluding these 2 towns should be more specific to Normandy battle and so include Avranche in the bottom left and Rouen on the up right. this is to me the most restricted map that BON should cover to respect historical rough perimeter.(see below maps)

image.thumb.png.796d7eed5736742465e4d886e0e80082.png

If no restriction on Paris and London, then no reason not to keep the east map border proposed and just extend the south border to St malo at least.

• Like 1

Will preorder in 2020 but damn the Me-410!!!

Great job guys and keep making magical things ūüėä

BoN pre-ordered ! Fabulous for the Battle of the Atlantic.Looking forward the FW190 A6 & so many ships destroyers also playable infantry would be definitely the last best challenge!

Edited by RAYEU

Pre ordered completed ‚ÄėBoN‚Äô for¬†The trascendental¬†Battle of Normandy! . Still missing the B-17 but it would be great also with the B-24 in¬†more advanced next theatres .

Edited by RAY-EU

4 hours ago, Spacesheep said:

Even if I find awesome the one you propose, (I would dream to have such area for early and mid to late war.... )But I think we should not be so optimistic.

I don't know if there is any restriction to model towns as Paris or London... (not sure why there would be on WWII version of the cities....) but a map excluding these 2 towns should be more specific to Normandy battle and so include Avranche in the bottom left and Rouen on the up right. this is to me the most restricted map that BON should cover to respect historical rough perimeter.(see below maps)

image.thumb.png.796d7eed5736742465e4d886e0e80082.png

If no restriction on Paris and London, then no reason not to keep the east map border proposed and just extend the south border to St malo at least.

I like this suggestion but i think they went far east so base of 234s is included near saint quentine. 

13 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Gimmicky to the core.

They run with the late-war Bodenplatte aircraft lineup which are amazing and a massive but highly lacking in-detail (entire cities and industry are missing) map where things aren't (Ruhr Valley, etc) present but should be. A map covered in low resolution textures and normal maps, horribly placed urban components, and 3D models that pop in place like some sort of FS2000 fan made auto-gen template. There are entire community regional maps, airports, and cities for FSX with a 5 meter terrain resolution that includes HD foliage that puts what these guys do to complete and utter shame, and that game is well over a decade old.

The aircraft lineup for BoN are a massive step back from the late-war Bodenplatte lineup, and it feels rightly cheap. The marketing team on the other hand have done a great job of advertising the likes of the Ar-234, Mosquito, and Me-410, of which you can't get unless you preorder the Collectors Edition. Honestly, they should have gone this route to begin with and then transitioned in the BoBp expansion.

For me, personally speaking, it feels like a giant gimmick to buy three vaunted planes and what will be a badly rendered map.

What a terribly unfair and spiteful posting.

Seems you hate this dev. team and sim with a vengeance. Well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

@DetCord12B.

I always thought these types of assessments were unique to the DCS 'expert' community, but I was wrong.

Those Devs of 1C/777 and ED (a.o.) work overtime for years so that we can enjoy our hobby.

I'm sure once FS 2020 is out people will start comparing that civilian flightsim against IL-2 and DCS too.

AFAIK there is no way these sim-types can be compared.

IL-2 gave me personally even more satisfaction than DCS, regardless of those supposed 'shortcomings' that seem to bother some !

Of course, as always ... YMMV.

Edited by simfan2015
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As we get doodlebugs in BoN. Any chance to get this baby as a collector plane?

meteor.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, sevenless said:

As we get doodlebugs in BoN. Any chance to get this baby as a collector plane?

meteor.jpg

Yes please!

credit card screaming in pain "MERCY!"

• Upvote 3

On 11/30/2019 at 2:48 PM, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Ciertamente esperamos que a la larga podamos volar el B-25, B-26 y el C-47 con una inclusión esencial de paracaidistas aliados.

Oh my God!¬†If you drop all that parachutes plus the Dakotas, the PC screen explodes¬†ūüėĀ

On 11/29/2019 at 8:48 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Todo el mundo,

¬°Gracias de nuevo a todos los que ya han pedido BON o los nuevos Hurri y Yaks! Estamos superando los pedidos anticipados de BOBP, as√≠ que, por favor, ¬°sigan con el apoyo en estas fiestas! Mi objetivo cada a√Īo es mostrar a 1C que los simuladores de combate todav√≠a tienen un lugar en este mundo y pueden ser rentables a medida que atraemos a m√°s y m√°s personas al redil. ¬°Sigue verti√©ndola en chicos y chicas!¬†

Jason 

I am very happy to read that everything is going well! Thank you for all the effort made by the entire 1C team.

Perhaps a small map of the Asian jungle and a Zeke along with the P-40 that we already have many happy.

Merry Christmas

tigres-voladores-ill.jpg

Edited by 1/JSpan_Guerrero
  • Confused 1

Anyone know what the first planes that will be released, and possibly how soon?

Also, does anyone know the differences between the Fw190 A-6 and the A-5 or A-8?

40 minutes ago, FeuerFliegen said:

Also, does anyone know the differences between the Fw190 A-6 and the A-5 or A-8?

It's should be G6 late,P-51B/C and P-47 razorback which can use in bobp career immediately.

Jason said he was hoping for first releases to be in Q1 2020 but did not mention which AC or commit to that. Q2 is a good bet. Q1 if all goes well.

Differences betwen Fw A models can be found on Wikipeida with the usual wiki caveats.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_190#Fw_190_A 

5 minutes ago, Oyster_KAI said:

It's should be G6 late,P-51B/C and P-47 razorback which can use in bobp career immediately.

G6 is probably first as it largely shares the airframe with AC we have already. The B model is a nearly full departure from the D so it will have to be built from the ground up. Not as well versed in the Thunderbolt but I suspect the same is true.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

Jason, PLEASE consider fitting the F4F-4  in as a Collector Plane, and give us a Curtiss H-75A to shoot at as in Operation Torch.  Or a Zeke, as requested above.  I want to have something blue to fly while I still can.

I'm going to go ahead and preorder everything, BoN, Collector Planes, the works.  I know you don't owe me but I wish that you'd let me ask this favor of you..... 

Edited by Vig
typo

11 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

Very good news. And, maybe, a possibility of a prolonged campaign from BON to BOBP?! :salute: 

Sure. That will happen. From BoK to BoN to BoBP. That is how it works.

5 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Jason said he was hoping for first releases to be in Q1 2020 but did not mention which AC or commit to that. Q2 is a good bet. Q1 if all goes well.

Differences betwen Fw A models can be found on Wikipeida with the usual wiki caveats.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Fw_190#Fw_190_A 

G6 is probably first as it largely shares the airframe with AC we have already. The B model is a nearly full departure from the D so it will have to be built from the ground up. Not as well versed in the Thunderbolt but I suspect the same is true.

in this case the Fw190A-6 is the easiest - only difference compared to the A-5 are the MG151/20 instead of the MG-FF/M.

And without the outer guns......they should be absolutly the same AFAIK.

I did over-read all the BoN announcement¬†ūü§≠¬†¬†because of my work (huge pressure from Intel, for delivery) but, it appears to me¬†with the Westernfront series,¬†they hit the sweetspot in selling. ¬†99% sure if this BoN is also an successful in selling, they are going to ‚ÄúBattle of Germany‚ÄĚ or ‚Äúthe race to Berlin‚ÄĚ , maybe with the 4-mots. ¬†

3 hours ago, III/JG53Frankyboy said:

in this case the Fw190A-6 is the easiest - only difference compared to the A-5 are the MG151/20 instead of the MG-FF/M.

And without the outer guns......they should be absolutly the same AFAIK.

It's a bit more than that, the redesigned wing for the MG151s also allowed the Mk108 installation you see on the in-game A-8. With any luck we might see the /R3 gondola

45 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

It's a bit more than that, the redesigned wing for the MG151s also allowed the Mk108 installation you see on the in-game A-8. With any luck we might see the /R3 gondola

but when you see airplanes proposed its easest to do so i would not be suprised if a6 and g6 are first ones out.

46 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

but when you see airplanes proposed its easest to do so i would not be suprised if a6 and g6 are first ones out.

Oh of course like the first BoBP planes were the ones most similar to those in BoK. Just saying that I think the A-6 will be fun. A-8's toys but on a lighter frame

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vig said:

Jason, PLEASE consider fitting the F4F-4  in as a Collector Plane, and give us a Curtiss H-75A to shoot at as in Operation Torch.  Or a Zeke, as requested above.  I want to have something blue to fly while I still can.

I'm going to go ahead and preorder everything, BoN, Collector Planes, the works.  I know you don't owe me but I wish that you'd let me ask this favor of you..... 

There were Martlets at D-Day ;) 

Grumman Wildcat ‚F’ of No 846 Squadron FAA with D-Day stripes

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I did over-read all the BoN announcement¬†ūü§≠¬†¬†because of my work (huge pressure from Intel, for delivery) but, it appears to me¬†with the Westernfront series,¬†they hit the sweetspot in selling. ¬†99% sure if this BoN is also an successful in selling, they are going to ‚ÄúBattle of Germany‚ÄĚ or ‚Äúthe race to Berlin‚ÄĚ , maybe with the 4-mots. ¬†

In game several of the flyable german units in Bodenplatte transferred from the Med (according to in game description) so i hope that is next

54 minutes ago, HerrBree said:

In game several of the flyable german units in Bodenplatte transferred from the Med (according to in game description) so i hope that is next

I would love an Italy/Sicily map but with the Normandy and Bodenplatte modules we have most of the AC we would need for it other than Italian rigs. I think Berlin (Secret Weapons of........) or an Early Battle of France module would complete Western Europe at this point without stepping on the TF guy's toes in London and the Med. Probably need to go either very early in time or very late to have much to work with at this point.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

1000 + POSTS... a record I dont think Moscow, Kuban or BoBP did this or so quickly!ūüėĀ

13 hours ago, FeuerFliegen said:

It's quite simple actually. The difference between the A-6and the A-5 is 1. Obviously the difference between the A-8 and the A-6 is then 2. At least that's what my cypherin' tells me. Hope that helps. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I would love an Italy/Sicily map but with the Normandy and Bodenplatte modules we have most of the AC we would need for it other than Italian rigs. I think Berlin (Secret Weapons of........) or an Early Battle of France module would complete Western Europe at this point without stepping on the TF guy's toes in London and the Med. Probably need to go either very early in time or very late to have much to work with at this point.

Yeah. I guess I just really want the Do 217 and a fritz x. But id also be just as happy with Berlin.

14 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

The 3 collector planes (Hurricane and Yak's) are coming too. Read it replied by Jason when somebody asked about those released dates postulating Q1 but perhaps Q2 2020 and Jason said  that that seemed about right. So, if you add to that a BON aircraft release in addition, well that seems like a lot of aircraft to be done (4) in that time frame for just the crew that does the GBS WW2 stuff if those time release plans are correct.....hmmmmm...

Edited by Redwo1f
sorry to offend the great Hurricane by quickly typing and not giving it an "e"

6 minutes ago, Redwo1f said:

The 3 collector planes (Hurrican and Yak's) are coming too. Read it replied by Jason when somebody asked about those released dates postulating Q1 but perhaps Q2 2020 and Jason said  that that seemed about right. So, if you add to that a BON aircraft release in addition, well that seems like a lot of aircraft to be done (4) in that time frame for just the crew that does the GBS WW2 stuff if those time release plans are correct.....hmmmmm...

Oh, I may have misread that then.........................